X2XBOX2XOU ? Speculation time.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

duriel
x3tc

Post by duriel » Sun, 6. Feb 05, 15:18

Ok. X Online would automatically be on the PC otherwise they'd be alienating the currently gamers which they aren't liekly to do.

If X-oline was was also on the Xbox i'd be pretty sure they'd be playing on differant servers to the PC gamers due to technical differances and patches and such like.

I don't X2 going to the Xbox as a problem as it will open it up to a whole new audience. I'm not sure the Xbox gamers will pick it up though as they tend to like instant action games which X2 just isn't.

We'll in time i guess.

Don't worry though.

Neil

fulhamfcrock
x2

Post by fulhamfcrock » Sun, 6. Feb 05, 15:29

Microsoft plunging the gaming world into mediocrity? I think you need to get your facts straight. And as for conquering the gaming market there will always be competition form other companies, no one will ever 'conquer' it. But it does seem that something is planned for xbox otherwise they would surely quash the recent speculation. Personally i would welocme X series to xbox and as an owner of the big box i can assure you that not all console gamers are in it for a quick fix of action.
I froze your tears and made a dagger
And stabbed it in my hand forever
It stays there like Excalibur Are you my Arthur?
Say you are

Take this cools, dark, steel-ed blade
Steal it
Sheath it in your lake
I'd drown with you to be together
Must you breathe?
Cos I need heaven

David Brent

Logaan
x4

Post by Logaan » Sun, 6. Feb 05, 16:05

TBH I dont think there is anything to worry about X2 requires alot of resources and so would remain on the PC platform, I understand an XBOX is literally a PC so to make it playable then you have to cut it down.

I would not be surprised at all if this increases the fame of the X Series. Someone buys it for the XBOX and a little look up on this community and they will find that it might be much better on a PC. Or they invite a friend round and play it, and this friend prefers PC games so would buy it for the PC.

Short of turning this topic into another PC vs Console debate, I dont think it matters either way Egosoft will cater for both industries

Don_Zardeone
x3

Post by Don_Zardeone » Mon, 7. Feb 05, 01:08

hmm

small question, does/will X2 and/or the Return work on Linux?

Also, it's rumoured that the Playstation 3 will have more power than suXbox2

m00?

The_Abyss
x3

Post by The_Abyss » Mon, 7. Feb 05, 01:19

Coding (graphical) means that X² is not compatible with Linux.

I'm sure there are other more relevant forums to bash out the merits of PS3 and X Box 2.
Strung out on Britain's high, hitting an all time low

Brianetta
x4

Post by Brianetta » Mon, 7. Feb 05, 12:23

In the interview, Martin Brenner said that an X-Box version was something he wasn't allowed to talk about.

This alone does not mean that there will be an X-Box version.

Egosoft might be unprepared to quash an idea that might turn out to be true, but likewise, they might not want to confirm the idea in case it turns out not to be true.

All that can reliably be infererd from that interview is that Egosoft might be in negotiations about an X-Box version (or planning a design for it), and that Martin isn't allowed to talk about it. I do know that you can't just write X-Box games; if Microsoft don't approve a title on QC grounds, it won't be on the console. This sort of venture would need loads of planning and probably an advance deal with a publisher.

Summary? We don't know if there will be an X-Box version, and if anybody has a better idea, they can't confirm it - which means exactly that.
PGP fingerprint: FA3D CA2F 38D3 BA69 87E1 D52E C204 FB5C 430A 0BFA

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Mon, 7. Feb 05, 20:32

they is no need to worry lefty, even IF egosoft plan to make a xbox version after a little research they will realise that it won't sell well because most of the xbox users like to quit half way through if something isn't going there way...

it's a right pain when a 4 vs 4 turns into a 3 vs me, but that story is for a different time and place.

MGA
x2

Post by MGA » Mon, 7. Feb 05, 20:48

fulhamfcrock wrote:Microsoft plunging the gaming world into mediocrity? I think you need to get your facts straight. And as for conquering the gaming market there will always be competition form other companies, no one will ever 'conquer' it. But it does seem that something is planned for xbox otherwise they would surely quash the recent speculation. Personally i would welocme X series to xbox and as an owner of the big box i can assure you that not all console gamers are in it for a quick fix of action.
Here here. I would not mind trying X² on Xbox for convience reasons, plus a game like this on Xbox can give the existing users, "something different to play with," or a real game so to speak.
A new rig is in my hands now if only there was time...

frymaster
x4

Post by frymaster » Mon, 7. Feb 05, 21:33

the chance of X2 appearing on xbox? well there's been rumours around for a while so I wouldn't discount it

the chance of multiplayer x2 / an xou game on xbox and not PC? nil.

what is possible is that if x2 is released for xbox then bonus material will be available via x-box live.
Math problems? Call 0800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x]

MGA
x2

Post by MGA » Mon, 7. Feb 05, 22:49

frymaster wrote:the chance of X2 appearing on xbox? well there's been rumours around for a while so I wouldn't discount it

the chance of multiplayer x2 / an xou game on xbox and not PC? nil.

what is possible is that if x2 is released for xbox then bonus material will be available via x-box live.
Bonus material? I like the sound of that! (Licks lips).
A new rig is in my hands now if only there was time...

Graf_Grau
x2

Post by Graf_Grau » Tue, 8. Feb 05, 10:06

fulhamfcrock wrote:Microsoft plunging the gaming world into mediocrity? I think you need to get your facts straight. And as for conquering the gaming market there will always be competition form other companies, no one will ever 'conquer' it. But it does seem that something is planned for xbox otherwise they would surely quash the recent speculation. Personally i would welocme X series to xbox and as an owner of the big box i can assure you that not all console gamers are in it for a quick fix of action.
I agree I find that gaming is the one area that microsoft has rarely managed to make any headway.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”