System Override

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Tainos
x3

System Override

Post by Tainos » Thu, 10. Nov 05, 13:02

I bought the System Overdrive Software at a Pirate Station. Now I don't have to go outside of my ship to cap another anymore.

But I got scanned recently in Sea of Fantasy and the police turned red. They said something but this soundfile is not in the game or something.

Must be that new Software that they turned red. I don't have a Boron licence. Maybe if I had one they would not have turned red.
MAC 27",4.0 GHz Intel Core i7

Angrybeever
x3

Post by Angrybeever » Thu, 10. Nov 05, 13:23

Unforutantly the coppers dont like the system overide software Even with a police liscence. They'll keep hasslig you until you get rid :(

Slade_x
x3

Post by Slade_x » Thu, 10. Nov 05, 14:27

It wouldn't make much sense for a vessel thats policing an area to be able to override another vessels computer in an attempt to claim it

However it would make sense for a policing vessel to have a freight scanner in order to enforce the laws of each government

Tainos
x3

Post by Tainos » Thu, 10. Nov 05, 15:25

Well, my wingman has the System now in his ship. In X2 they have never been scanned. If need it I beam it into my ship and afterwards back to his.
MAC 27",4.0 GHz Intel Core i7

rageburst
x3tc

Post by rageburst » Thu, 10. Nov 05, 17:10

Don't have the game (6 cd US version is bleh).

However, if they beefed up the pirates gameplay.... IE, pirates are more self-sustaining like other races with their shipyards and whatnot.... then this software would be more worth it.

Otherwise, it's something to take in Xenon sectors and enemy sectors.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”