Squash Mines

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Liber
x3

Squash Mines

Post by Liber » Thu, 10. Nov 05, 13:03

Having a slight problem with the squash mines in the "free mamba" area. used to be able to take them out with wasps. This is no longer true.

Could have been that I tried this after I came back from the pub.

Any sugestions?

Cheers.

Liber

P.S. NEED MORE SLEEP! :o

Diesel309
x3

Post by Diesel309 » Thu, 10. Nov 05, 13:08

Go to bed :D

Dont blow the mines :o
The Mamba will go with them :evil:

Praefectus classis
x4

Re: Squash Mines

Post by Praefectus classis » Thu, 10. Nov 05, 13:24

Liber wrote:P.S. NEED MORE SLEEP! :o
You will have everlasting sleep if you set off the mines. :P
Spoiler
Show
With regards to the Mamba, don't think in two dimensions.
Reality is an illusion created by a lack of the X-universe
My new forum My original forum

Liber
x3

Excellent advice

Post by Liber » Thu, 10. Nov 05, 22:43

I can now GET to the MAMBA. BUT i STILL get killed by the mines on the way out.

Best way :

1: dump the buster and get out through Barron shores?

2 get into the mamba and avoid the squash.

3 buy a curry and ignore the whole thing as it can cost as much to succede as it does to gain the prise.

StraightJacket
x3

Post by StraightJacket » Fri, 11. Nov 05, 10:40

Spoiler
Show
What i did was take my Buster about 1.5km (while pressing the key to target nearest emeny, and never getting closer than 900meters to any sqash) mine away to the rear and underneath, turned it round and hopped out. Then drifted in the space suit up to the mamba, still tapping nearest enemy and keeping atleast 900m away from nearest enemy. Eventually you get there, jump in the mamba and go out the way you went in, keep tapping the enemy key, once you are free, tell buster to follow.
Good luck
:D
Did my head in for the first 5-6 times!

StraightJacket
x3

Post by StraightJacket » Fri, 11. Nov 05, 10:40

Oh yea...
Spoiler
Show
Get the buster to follow you once you are free... best using salvage insurance ;)

berth
x4

Post by berth » Fri, 11. Nov 05, 10:50

I cleared a lot of the mines by shooting them (from just under 2 km) and then kinda snuck around the back of the ones closest to the Mamba. Salvage insurance will save your tears if you shoot a wrong 'un and set off a chain reaction.

On the way out
Spoiler
Show
Go west, young man, and loop back at a safe distance
Worked for me.

Heretic666
x3tc

Post by Heretic666 » Fri, 11. Nov 05, 11:46

I did this on my first go, got my ship to within 50m of the Mamba..
Spoiler
Show
Go down about 5k, then head just south of the Mamba, keeping around 1k from any of the mines. I noticed a passage through, one of the mines is either above or below the others, fly in from that direction, but 1k above/below it (depending on the mines elevation), it IS possible, and once you've done it you feel damn good (Although it is basically the Mamba from X2, not the sweet new one with 2 shields and Beta PBE's :( )

Then once you have it, go back to your other ship, do a 180 and fly for about 5k. Then comm the Mamba and tell it to fly to you. Mission done :wink:

Oh the other thing I wanted to do but forgot to get prepared lol. Once you've captured it, go back to your other ship, transport the jumpdrive and energy cells over to the Mamba, tell it to jump to another sector, then beam the jumpdrive and energy cells back and jump to the same sector. I read somewhere that this works and the Mamba will carry on and jump even though it doesn't have the jumpdrive...best to try it first I guess..

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”