My Love Of The Wasp

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

muppetts
x3tc

My Love Of The Wasp

Post by muppetts » Thu, 10. Nov 05, 13:50

I was always a Wasp Missle fan, used to take out those pesky Khaak M5's very nice!

Now the wasp has come into its own for me as a trader. I have a Mercury fully fited out and trade in High tech as they don't use up the storage,I have 400 Wasps onboard and have just changed my rep with the Spilt, with my first shots of the game, 10 launch's later, 100% hit rate, 10 pirates down and now a split friend! (+harmless to Competent)

I have no lazers and see no reason for them now!!
VURT The only Feathers to Fly With......

Uncle B

Post by Uncle B » Thu, 10. Nov 05, 14:06

So how exactly do they work. I fired a bunch at a Khaak cluster, was chuffed to see the cluster of missiles but disappointed that not one of the enemy was destroyed. Even after a second and third launch.

So the separate missiles choose separate targets? And if so does that mean they are of limited use against multiple opponents?
[Mutter! Grumble... Cough! Splutter. Mumble...]

Bowak
x3tc

Post by Bowak » Thu, 10. Nov 05, 14:07

I love it too. They were most handy when I was being chased by a brace of Falcons in my Buster. I ran away from them and launched a few salvos at one, it was beautiful seeing them splitting off in different directions to head back, then when the first one hit I turned and attacked the 2nd Falcon with lasers while the 1st was spinning madly from all the impacts.

That was the moment I realised I wouldn't be going back to x2.
Bowak
1 TL, 1M6, 3M3s + others The UNCC

muppetts
x3tc

Post by muppetts » Thu, 10. Nov 05, 14:11

They seem to be better against less ships but they also benefit from you giving them a chance, I close on pirates and then give the missle launch a good lead time in front of the ship so there turning arc to intercept is minimal, they tend to focus on the ship you are aiming at for this and you get a big quick bang (said the vicar!)

simonnance
x3tc

Post by simonnance » Thu, 10. Nov 05, 14:18

from what i can tell they all engage the same target?

There are cluster misiles that engage seperate ones though.

Have you seen that TSs can take Hornet missiles as well...... Imagine a Dolphin Superfreighter loaded to the gills ( :D ) with Hornets on 100% missile launch probability! :o
want the FACTS about X2/X3?
Usenko wrote:Don't get me wrong, I think animals have their place in the scheme of things. It's just that in the case of sheep, cattle and pigs, their place happens to be in neat pieces under the griller.:-)

Uncle B

Post by Uncle B » Thu, 10. Nov 05, 14:20

I'll give them another go then when I get patch love.

I really like the idea of missiles but they were never up to much in X2 except asa Khaak swatters (Wasps) or attention grabbers (Mosquitoes).
[Mutter! Grumble... Cough! Splutter. Mumble...]

muppetts
x3tc

Post by muppetts » Thu, 10. Nov 05, 14:35

As a freighter trader hauler the missles make your defence much better, if pirates attack you, you have the option of going on the offensive in a limited fashion, although firing 10 wasps at a go can be expensive it can also save your ass!

Darkgalahad
x3

Post by Darkgalahad » Thu, 10. Nov 05, 14:41

Where do you guys happen to buy them ? The only factories i know of are all stockempty actually.. :/

Maybe i should provide them with energy cells :roll:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”