AEGIS and X3

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Heretic666
x3tc

AEGIS and X3

Post by Heretic666 » Fri, 11. Nov 05, 12:46

Will this be in X3? Or have the turrets been made better so it isn't needed?

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Fri, 11. Nov 05, 13:42

Well, turrets will switch weapons automatically in X3 (certainly on my Centaur they do) - but I've not noticed any sort of intellegent target priortisation like the full AEGIS add-on in X2 - hopefully something along those lines will be added at some point.

Scoob.

Mauzi!
x3ap

Post by Mauzi! » Fri, 11. Nov 05, 14:39

Weapons get changed right now already, even the fighters front guns. But it seems to be either statically programmed or random, at least there doesn't seem to be any intelligence in it.

I e.g. had a Nova switch between 2x A-HEPT and ID+B-IRE, but it looked quite stupid how it got used. ID+IRE... hm... maybe he tried to capture my ship... ;)

I ain't sure about turrets and intelligence, never bothered with such ships yet.

But yes, AEGIS and all the other extras from the bonus pack of X² were what made the game worthwhile. Looks like they had no time to adapt those scripts intime for the speedy X³ release - but... I'm hopeful that after all the bugfixes there'll be another bonus pack.
"I would like to say how amazed we all are here by the huge success of the game" - Bernd Lehahn
"Any fan of space simulations will find the UI in X Rebirth easy to use and much more intuitive, but the 'Trade, Fight, Build, Think' gameplay elements and interaction remain as deep as X game fans have come to expect" - Bernd Lehahn
"Sir, we are lacking 'success' for a while now and must take action !" - "Okay, let's pull off an XR then!".

Speedsterworld
x2

Post by Speedsterworld » Fri, 11. Nov 05, 15:42

i'm not really sure if AEGIS works or not, but if you create a script to install a ware on your ship, AEGIS is listed as a ware...

Mauzi!
x3ap

Post by Mauzi! » Sun, 13. Nov 05, 12:03

I'm sure it's in the game but not adapted to the new weapons/ships, which is why it is disabled until they get to fix it in a future patch. Unless it's one of the things you only are able to get later in the game, of course.
"I would like to say how amazed we all are here by the huge success of the game" - Bernd Lehahn
"Any fan of space simulations will find the UI in X Rebirth easy to use and much more intuitive, but the 'Trade, Fight, Build, Think' gameplay elements and interaction remain as deep as X game fans have come to expect" - Bernd Lehahn
"Sir, we are lacking 'success' for a while now and must take action !" - "Okay, let's pull off an XR then!".

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”