System Override?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

HenryX

System Override?

Post by HenryX » Mon, 14. Nov 05, 04:25

Just docked at a Pirate base and they got a "System Override" for around 600K for sale. There is no ingame info and the handbook leaves it blank as well. Anyone can give me quick info on what it is good for?

Gruhn
x3

Post by Gruhn » Mon, 14. Nov 05, 05:00

It seems to be able to take over ship controls by remote control. I have yet to get it as it is illegal in most sectors. I think this means you can be further than 40 km from a ship you want to cap.

DarthVodka
x3tc

Post by DarthVodka » Mon, 14. Nov 05, 06:45

I have this software. It's only purpose (at the moment anyway) seems to be to allow you to capture ships whose pilots have bailed, without having to get out of yours to do it. Just press 'I' when the ship to be captured is targetted and there will be an option to 'claim' once you are in range. I think the range is a little farther than doing it the manual way but it's still metres, not km.

As Gruhn said it is illegal - lol which i neglected to notice before I bought it. It does tell you this in the manual - so found myself being told off by the first customs ship to scan me. Have figured a way around this though; i just beam it over to one of the ships following me when i'm not using it since they never get scanned.
The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom.
William Blake

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Mon, 14. Nov 05, 06:46

Someone else said that it still needed to be close, but you didn't have to get out of your ship to claim another ship.
Tinker

"If engineers built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization!"

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”