capturing ejected pilots and selling them as slaves is the coolest thing ever

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Rex^Luporum

capturing ejected pilots and selling them as slaves is the coolest thing ever

Post by Rex^Luporum » Wed, 16. Nov 05, 02:47

OMG I LOVE THAT. I think that is one of the most innovative, coolest features I've ever come across in a game.

Here's what I love to do:

I loaded up my buster with a freight scanner and cargo life support, as well as good shields/weapons/engines, etc... Then I pirate the pirates. I watch the shipping lanes to pirate bases and scan the transports incoming on those lanes, when the illegal cargo is detected the freighter is usually recognized as an enemy allowing me to blast away without worrying about losing race rank (in fact I've been getting mad race rank points scanning smugglers and blasting them), then I blast away their shields and give them some moderate hull damage and more often then not the pilot ejects. Pick up the pilot, claim the ship, sell the slave, sell or use the ship, and gain race rank points. Fun and lucrative... X3 how i love thee.
Mess with the Best,
Die like the Rest.

vindicator
x3

Post by vindicator » Wed, 16. Nov 05, 02:59

niiiice! had no idea you could do that!

that sounds really fun...some time i aughta try that. now i just got a ppair of mercury super freighters trolling the friendly skies of the argon inner empire. i have grandoise plans though, such as one by one conquering all the races of the x universe. to be even more evil, i want to destroy all the factories theren and replace them with my own :twisted: and of course, thanks to you, i can be equally evil by selling the resistors as slaves :lol:
MSI Albatron SLI motherboard, 1024 MB Kingston lowlatency RAM, AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Venice core with ATi Radeon Xpress 200 graphics chipset, Connect3d x800xl 512 MB, Antec 400 watt powersupply

chadrickb
x3

Post by chadrickb » Wed, 16. Nov 05, 03:55

Hmm...the Paranid are way too high and mighty...I wonder how many destroyers and carriers it takes to enslave an entire empire... :twisted:

Spawn_Xe

Post by Spawn_Xe » Wed, 16. Nov 05, 13:30

remember, you have to have the life support cargo upgrade to hold slaves.

Da_Imp
x3tc

Post by Da_Imp » Wed, 16. Nov 05, 13:31

I prefer running the pilots over... I always 'forget' to open my cargobay... *splat*

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Wed, 16. Nov 05, 13:35

They're tricky little buggers to catch though.

Though if you DON'T have a cargo life support system installed and pick one up... don't you get the race's primary food? (An Argon pilot = Cahoonas, Boron = Bofu, etc).
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

berth
x4

Post by berth » Wed, 16. Nov 05, 13:43

I don't think so. Maybe. You are what you eat and all that.

As I recall in Frontier, if you picked up a cargo of slaves but didn't have any cargo bay life support (or if it got shot up en route) then when you checked your hold you'd just have "Animal Meat".

Always made me chortle.

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Wed, 16. Nov 05, 14:21

i have grandoise plans though, such as one by one conquering all the races of the x universe.
I did that in the first X, after completing the game and getting so powerful there was nothing left to do.

I went through each sector with a swarm of fighters and cleaned them out. In the end it was just me, the shipyards, and unbeleivabe amounts of spawning Xenon fighters.

Mind you, I used to have to hide behind one of my stations or an asteroid if I wanted to stop, because just stopping with a wall of fighters on your tail all trying to follow you tended to be a terminal experience :-)

Praefectus classis
x4

Post by Praefectus classis » Wed, 16. Nov 05, 14:24

I used to let the slaves dock at a station, but they hog a parking space and do not seem to disappear over time, so I have started rounding them up. As esd mentioned, they are difficult to pick up. It's a pity the Special Command software upgrade doesn't work with slaves.
Reality is an illusion created by a lack of the X-universe
My new forum My original forum

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”