Idea for getting round quick in XOU

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

monkman

Idea for getting round quick in XOU

Post by monkman » Sat, 30. Aug 03, 10:04

Instead of having the seti which is an obvious implausability in XOU y not ... borrow the cruise engine from freeelancer and just make it faster..

Comments

Elky
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
HTI forums back up. With argonopedia the largest X resource!
http://24.84.137.31/hti/forum/index.php

Commander Jamieson
x2

Post by Commander Jamieson » Sat, 30. Aug 03, 23:27

I guess you meant "SETA", we will have to wait and see if this feature will be at all in XOU. As I can not see how to implement this in an on line game.

Cheers

VowelX3

Post by VowelX3 » Sat, 30. Aug 03, 23:51

I think he pointed out how to do it..

SETA, would just make your ship travel faster in a line, so you set it running and your ship would speed up, but you'd not be able to turn at all...

So it would work... unless XOL will get around it be having no speed limit..
I would like to point out that I somtimes go off at tangets to prove a point and thus try and keep up, also I often use humor to difuse situations so please unerstand any or all of my comments may or may not be jokes. Thankyou for your time.

The_Rock
x2

Post by The_Rock » Sun, 31. Aug 03, 03:06

ever seen the speed of the PPL's Chariot....
"How very touching his meaningless death was. But this fight was never for mortals".

Spero
x3

Post by Spero » Sun, 31. Aug 03, 17:05

Ah yes, but if you 'borrow' the cruise engine then you would have to steal the cruise disrupter aswel, otherwise it would be very annoying to see your pray zoom off as it's about to die.

General Morphit
x3

Post by General Morphit » Sun, 31. Aug 03, 18:07

Could the jump drives not be used? iirc they were for jumping from anywhere to anywhere not useing gates at all. The X scientists have unlocked half of the technology, why not the rest. And as no-one yet knows exactly where earth is, then the development need not interfere with the plot.

Of course I may be forgetting some vital bit of plot here.. anyone care to correct? :?

Spero
x3

Post by Spero » Sun, 31. Aug 03, 20:37

Kyle what's-his-face knows where earth is and goners could probably have a good guess.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”