Anyone play Project Entropia (NOT OFF TOPIC!)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Jericho
x2

Anyone play Project Entropia (NOT OFF TOPIC!)

Post by Jericho » Fri, 29. Nov 02, 10:41

I have just started playing the online game Project Entropia (www.project-entropia.com i think). It isn't really a beta version, they want feedback on how they are progressing. Trouble is it is bad. Looks OK, but not as good as Anarchy Online. Anyone know how you actually make money in the game? (Without using your own credit card to transfer money I mean).

This is a stage that all online games have to go through. But it really does drive customers away.

I am curious how X-Online will try to solve this. The first release will obvioulsy be empty and odd. But the X-series isn't exactly a mainstream game (Just look how hard it is to buy a copy of any X game), driving away customers will be the death of it.

Personaly I think that X-Online will never happen. Or if it does, then it will not be anything like the X we know and love. This may not necersarily be a bad thing, but I don't want another JumpGate.
"I've got a bad feeling about this!" Harrison Ford, 5 times a year, trying to land his plane.

Goldo
x3tc

Post by Goldo » Fri, 29. Nov 02, 10:53

in time i think X-Online WILL happen, just not yet

as for money making i expect it will be an X-Universe credit system, and therefor no "buying" credits with your credit/debit card etc etc

as far as we all are aware, there will be a monthly payment or something along those lines, but that should be it i think

if i had to buy credits with my card, then i wouldnt play, simple as that, yes that sort of thing really does drive people away

Jericho
x2

Post by Jericho » Fri, 29. Nov 02, 11:11

You can earn credits in Entropia, (From mining and recyling stuff you find, an killing monsters etc) but these all require an initial outlay of money (to buy a weapon, or armour, or mineral scanner etc). I just want to know if there is a way of getting cash at the start without paying for it (No i am not going to beg like all those other sad losers).

But they have just changed the starting clothes. Before they were an acceptable pair of trousers, a shirt and boots. Now they are a flourescent orange shell suit thas is absolutly hidious to look at (In other words buy some new clothes very quickly with your credit card).
"I've got a bad feeling about this!" Harrison Ford, 5 times a year, trying to land his plane.

Goldo
x3tc

Post by Goldo » Fri, 29. Nov 02, 11:14

sounds like another strategy to get more money from ya ;)

guess we can only hope XO wont have flaws like that

Jericho
x2

Post by Jericho » Fri, 29. Nov 02, 11:23

Commander Gold wrote:sounds like another strategy to get more money from ya ;)
Exactly. Not a very cunning stratagy at that. More Baldrick then Blackadder.

Goldo
x3tc

Post by Goldo » Fri, 29. Nov 02, 11:27

flourescent orange shell suit
i agree though, THATS enough to really make someone spend :x

just like scams, people fall for this flaws and end up usually wasting good money, thats my opinion anyway

Adamskini
x3tc

Post by Adamskini » Fri, 29. Nov 02, 21:07

i plat PE, and am in SoF (biggest society and most well organised)

SoF are'nt actually taking any more players atm, but u can earn money through them .... u have to be comitted and have to stay for a while - doing odd jobs about the site etc ... but if u are commited, and are on a respectable amount of time then they will fund u within PE

im funding myself, and using the net radio as a way of advancing within the society :) got brownie points for an original idea hehe 8)

when it gets a it more stable ill be playing it more hardcore
Aug 2000 -> March 2001 - Old Skool Egosoft Forum
March 2001 -> Nov 2002 - THQ forum
Nov 2002 -> now - Current, prettier Egosoft Forum

[anybody remember The Enforcers?!]

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”