Waste of money? (Mobile Drilling system) - Heeeellllppppp

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Leroy The Badger
x3tc

Waste of money? (Mobile Drilling system) - Heeeellllppppp

Post by Leroy The Badger » Sun, 20. Nov 05, 21:52

I've bought a mobile drilling system and an ore collector for my Paranid Demeter. I've found an asteroid (yield Ore 14) and blown it up with the drilling system.

I was expecting to see lumps of ore floating around that I could then pick up and sell. Instead, the asteroid breaks down in to several none targetable chunks. If I blow these up with the drilling system, they just disappear and don't leave anything behind. :evil:

anyone got any ideas?

Bazza
x3tc

Post by Bazza » Sun, 20. Nov 05, 21:55

Doesn't work as of 1.2.01 apparently.

You'd think there'd be some sticky about it wouldn't you?, but its only certain class of topics that get stickied. (Exactly what that is I'm not sure).

Not sure if its going to be fixed in 1.3 either because the things included in 1.3 are a bit of a secret at the moment. I'm sure if you know the correct nudge and wink and are a member of the appropriate egosoft club you may be able to find out though.
ZORK, IW2:EOC, GIANTS, NOLF 1, Runaway, Gothic I&II, Mafia, Arx Fatalis, Divine Divinity, Vietcong... I Loved Those Games

Rad Jeebus^
x3

Post by Rad Jeebus^ » Sun, 20. Nov 05, 21:55

There is a known bug with mobile mining, basically you can't do it right ow, will have to wait for the next patch.

Jeebs
It denos't mtater waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, it's olny iprmoatnt taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae.The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm.Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Leroy The Badger
x3tc

Post by Leroy The Badger » Sun, 20. Nov 05, 21:59

Magic :(

Thanks for the info guys.

X-it
x3

Post by X-it » Sun, 20. Nov 05, 22:05

There should indeed have been a sticky about this. I was about to set myself up with mining equipment soon. If I had spent hours on it and I couldn't get it to work without knowing if I was doing something wrong or not, I'd be frustrated... :shock:
ASUS A8R32-MVP DELUXE
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ 2.2 Ghz
OCZ 2048MB Dual Channel Platinum Edition RAM
WD Raptor X 150GB SATA 16MB 10000RPM
Radeon X1900XTX 512MB PCIe 16x
SB Audigy 2 ZS
Lian Li Miditower PC6070BSCAND w/Hiper R580W PSU
Win XP Pro SP2 w/MS dual-core CPU hotfix

soleseacher

Post by soleseacher » Sun, 20. Nov 05, 22:17

Hmm don't quite know how u missed this one boys there's been loads of threads complaining about mobile mining.
Mine included :evil:
And yes your dead right about the way egosoft treat its customers
The praverbial mushroom "Keep them in the dark and feed them a load of
you now what! :D

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”