Ecliptic Projector

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

chrisallen76
x3tc

Ecliptic Projector

Post by chrisallen76 » Mon, 21. Nov 05, 15:31

Can someone tell me how to activate the ecliptic projector,

i have one installed but it doesnt seem to do anything!??!

Al
x3tc

Post by Al » Mon, 21. Nov 05, 15:35

try "g"? Failing that check the key settings in the game options.

HTH

Al
X2 Capture Guru - X3:TC Noob :D
X2 Capture Guide

Kong
x3tc

Post by Kong » Mon, 21. Nov 05, 15:35

with "g" on default. The grid is almost invisble from a distance, blue, somewhere in the "center" of sectors. With the new sector design it seems to have lost its usefulness.
Stop the War on Drugs. It is killing more people than the drugs. Not a single death in history worldwide can be directly related to cannabis, yet in some countries you will be murdered by the state for simple possession. The UN admitted the failure of its repressive measures. Stop the madness, legalize drugs!

shabbyj
x3

Post by shabbyj » Mon, 21. Nov 05, 16:06

Heh...yeah I thought it was a G Card problem when I turned it on accidently and updated all my drivers etc lol

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Mon, 21. Nov 05, 16:30

Kong is right, it is barely visible particular in huge sectors or in sectors with nebulae.

If you have already discovered a station in that sector and if you use upper left monitor on auto target, then target a station via sector map. Often you see the grid in the monitor.

Another useful trick to check whether you are flying in-plane is to pick (via sector map two stations/gates which are on zero (or about same) height. Then move your ship such that both icons are on the same side of your screen and then move up or down (rolling may be necessary) until they overlap.

Cheers Euclid

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”