Spare an Extra Ion Disruptor, Pal?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Nightmariner
x3

Spare an Extra Ion Disruptor, Pal?

Post by Nightmariner » Tue, 22. Nov 05, 03:15

I am now ready to start marauding through the X-Universe capping ships left and right, but I'd like an Ion Disruptor to do this. Problem is, my rank is not high enough with the Boron to purchase one from their sectors. Seems their pirates in Atreus Clouds and Barren Shores don't get out much, and I can't whack as many of them as I can with the other races to up my Boron cred. Can anyone suggest an alternative to the Borons where I might get an Ion Disruptor, short of trading for the next two days with the fishy folk until they like me better?

nobby375
x3

Post by nobby375 » Tue, 22. Nov 05, 03:26

ion d's are very good but a bit over rated - especially for capping as they tend to destroy all the nice expensive equipment that you want to take off those naughty pirate folk

just go cappin baddies around boron space with norm weapons for a day or two, this way you can make money and get your rep up enough to get yer ion d!!
:D

mattie
x3

Post by mattie » Tue, 22. Nov 05, 03:28

i can't remember where, by someplace in argon space near argon prime should have one for sale.. try ringo moon or red light.

Goobers
x4

Re: Spare an Extra Ion Disruptor, Pal?

Post by Goobers » Tue, 22. Nov 05, 03:28

Nightmariner wrote:I am now ready to start marauding through the X-Universe capping ships left and right, but I'd like an Ion Disruptor to do this. Problem is, my rank is not high enough with the Boron to purchase one from their sectors. Seems their pirates in Atreus Clouds and Barren Shores don't get out much, and I can't whack as many of them as I can with the other races to up my Boron cred. Can anyone suggest an alternative to the Borons where I might get an Ion Disruptor, short of trading for the next two days with the fishy folk until they like me better?
if you can't cap in boron space, cap around them, and just sell them in boron shipyards, it'll help your rep.
PC Iteration Builds:

QX6700, OCZ 4 GB , MSI 8800 GTS
i7-930, G.Skill 6 GB, EVGA GTX480
i7-5820k, G.Skill 32 GB, ASUS GTX970
i9-7900x, G.Skill 32GB, EVGA 1080 ti

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Tue, 22. Nov 05, 03:45

Look for Special Weapons Complexes in Argon space.

theKettle
x3

Post by theKettle » Tue, 22. Nov 05, 03:47

You can get ID's from Argons, Borons and Split. Argons would be the easiest, though. They're for sale in Argon Equipment docks, and there's a Special Weapons complex that builds them (and mass drivers) in Cloudbase South East.
------------------

If I want to be toned up, calmed down, invigorated or anything then it's very simple. I just have a cup of tea.

Yonder
x3

Post by Yonder » Tue, 22. Nov 05, 04:37

if you go to the Newer Boron territories way to the east there is one that gets a lot of Xenon traffic. I killed a Xenon P and went from being an Accepted Friend to a Noble Peer in one go.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”