Advanced KhaakHunter script available now

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Advanced KhaakHunter script available now

Post by euclid » Thu, 24. Nov 05, 14:52

I've updated the (X2) KhaakHunter script. It is now compatible with X3 but also works with X2.

Download it here.

Thanks to ESD for hosting.

What it does and how to install it is described in the readme file.

In brief:
You get an additional option 'Scan for Khaak' in your ship's combat menue.
Click on it and Betty will tell you 'autopilot on', your ship's speed will drop to zero. After a few seconds check your message log. You will find brief scan results like 'Khaak destroyer detected in Ore Belt at position x 23445 y -1234 z 56788'.

I've upgraded the script to give postions because some of the sectors in X3 are huge and searching then entire sector soon gets boring.

Happy hunting !

Cheers Euclid
Last edited by euclid on Tue, 13. Jan 15, 14:33, edited 4 times in total.

xeon_1
x4

Post by xeon_1 » Thu, 24. Nov 05, 19:48

sound's great
have to try it afther the exames

tomalpha
x3

Post by tomalpha » Sun, 4. Dec 05, 00:26

The link appears to have changed to: here

(cool script btw :))

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Sun, 4. Dec 05, 02:00

I've updated the above link (first post). It contains an advanced version with following changes:

#1 sector positions of the detected Khaak ships are now given (some sectors in X3 are just too big :grin:)

#2 Khaak sectors are excluded from the search, even if you know them (there are just too many log messages for those sectors)

Good hunting !

Cheers Euclid

ukdj78
x4

Post by ukdj78 » Tue, 6. Dec 05, 10:07

Hi Euclid,

I have a couple of questions about this script:

1) Does it actually create the Khaak ship(s) for you to hunt? or does it just act like a "scanner" which tells you where the nearest khaak ship(s) is/are?

2) Do you get any extra reward for destroying the khaak ship(s)? (apart from the standard bounty offered from having a police license with the race that owns the sector)

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Tue, 6. Dec 05, 13:34

ukdj78 wrote:Hi Euclid,

I have a couple of questions about this script:

1) Does it actually create the Khaak ship(s) for you to hunt? or does it just act like a "scanner" which tells you where the nearest khaak ship(s) is/are?

2) Do you get any extra reward for destroying the khaak ship(s)? (apart from the standard bounty offered from having a police license with the race that owns the sector)
A double 'no' I'm afraid.

Usually there are plenty of Khaaks (more in X2 than in X3 IME). So there's no need to spawn more of them.

Also it is not a bounty hunter script - so no extra reward. However if you play X2 then the reward is the capture :grin:

Cheers Euclid

ukdj78
x4

Post by ukdj78 » Wed, 7. Dec 05, 14:22

Thats cool, those are actually the answers I was hoping for!

I downloaded the script this morning and it works great. Nice One :thumb_up:

liquidx
x4

Post by liquidx » Sat, 10. Dec 05, 02:45

Would it be possible to adapt this script to search for other things, like pirates for example?

I'm very new to the X series of games so maybe I'm just missing something, but I try to go out pirate hunting and have a very difficult time..
I go into pirate sectors, ore belt, etc and while I may find a group of 2-4 pirates in these places, after I kill them I end up having to camp there with SETA on for like 10-20 minutes (real time) before more pop out of the pirate stations..

I dunno, perhaps I'm just missing some sectors with better spawns or something, but I have a very hard time finding pirates to fight.
___LiQUiD_X___________
DeadGod Gaming

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Sat, 10. Dec 05, 03:44

Yes, that's easy. Open the script editor, find KhaakHunter and hit return. You are now in edit mode. Scroll down to the line with 'find ship' and replace race=Khaak by race=Pirate. Of course you need to replace also the shiptypes a few lines down (instead of 'Heavy Fighter' use 'M5', replace 'Khaak Cluster' by 'M4' and change 'destroyer' to 'M3').

If you might also rewrite the string in the message (Pirate M5 detected etc.).

Then exist the edit mode (Esc) and save.

It will work not immediately - you have to dock or save, then exit X3 and restart it.

Cheers Euclid

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Wed, 14. Dec 05, 21:24

The link in the first post contains now an enhanced version of the KhaakHunter script.

Changes:

- it searches for carriers, too
- order of y-z coordinates corrected

Happy hunting !

Cheers Euclid

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 14. Dec 05, 21:29

what about adding a pirate hunter to it as well ?

so you can find both pirates and khaak

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Wed, 14. Dec 05, 22:46

Cycrow wrote:what about adding a pirate hunter to it as well ?

Hmm.....could be a bit much - usually there are way more Pirates than Khaak (never had more than 10ish).

I'll run some test. Maybe a restriction to Pirate M3 ships will reduce the log entries to an acceptable number.

Cheers Euclid

Lazza
x3

Post by Lazza » Wed, 14. Dec 05, 23:09

euclid wrote:
Cycrow wrote:what about adding a pirate hunter to it as well ?

Hmm.....could be a bit much - usually there are way more Pirates than Khaak (never had more than 10ish).

I'll run some test. Maybe a restriction to Pirate M3 ships will reduce the log entries to an acceptable number.
How about a separate PirateHunter script that could run alongside the KhaakHunter, would that be possible? I ran the KH script in my game and it didn`t find any Khaak at all. When I altered it to find pirates, it found quite a lot.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Thu, 15. Dec 05, 00:04

Lazza wrote: How about a separate PirateHunter script that could run alongside the KhaakHunter, would that be possible? I ran the KH script in my game and it didn`t find any Khaak at all. When I altered it to find pirates, it found quite a lot.
If you did the job already, why not posting it here as your PirateHunter script? Just make sure you use another text file (447003 still is available) and another command id.

I would be amongst the first to download it :wink:

Cheers Euclid

Lazza
x3

Post by Lazza » Thu, 15. Dec 05, 06:01

euclid wrote:
Lazza wrote: How about a separate PirateHunter script that could run alongside the KhaakHunter, would that be possible? I ran the KH script in my game and it didn`t find any Khaak at all. When I altered it to find pirates, it found quite a lot.
If you did the job already, why not posting it here as your PirateHunter script? Just make sure you use another text file (447003 still is available) and another command id.

I would be amongst the first to download it :wink:

Cheers Euclid
Well, I`m very flattered that you think me capable, but all I did was follow your instructions in your 4th post above, I only changed the "Find Ships" line so I knew what sectors the pirates were in. However, is it that simple just to change those lines and then save the script under a different name? Also, you mentioned creating another text file, I haven`t got a clue about doing this, could the text file you provided be altered and saved as the number you quoted?

Regards, Lazza.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Thu, 15. Dec 05, 12:48

Lazza, I'm a script rookie myself so the following may not be the optimum way:

First copy the KhaakHunter to, say, PirateHunter - that's been done within the script editor !!

Then make the changes - note that there are no destroyers, carriers for Pirates. Maybe restict the entire scan for Pirate M3. Save changes to PirateHunter.

Next copy setup.khaakhunter to setup.piratehunter and then edit this file. Choose a different text id to 7003 (as suggested above, for pid and tid check the first post in the sticky here - I think you have to change the command type fight to a different numner, pid/tid are related to that). Save the file and exit the script editor and exit X3.

Copy 447001.xml to 447003.xml and edit the latter correspondingly.

That's all.

Cheers Euclid

Stevio
x3tc

Post by Stevio » Thu, 15. Dec 05, 13:02

ok heres an idea 'Pirate Base Hunter'

is this possible, i have found most of them but i am sure there are alot more off main gravidar.

is it a simple command change. like it was Kha'ak--->Pirate???

then i can up date my Map in my Signature

and also a 'Sector Finder' [probably not possible] i know there are more sectors than what are in my map,

due to another scriptors post saying he made an asteroid finder and it mentions other xenon sectors that weren't on my map

cheers

stevio

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 15. Dec 05, 13:23

if you wanted to advanace it abit, you could add news articles to the BBS about khaak attacks and sightings

Lazza
x3

Post by Lazza » Thu, 15. Dec 05, 21:36

euclid wrote:Choose a different text id to 7003 (as suggested above, for pid and tid check the first post in the sticky here - I think you have to change the command type fight to a different numner, pid/tid are related to that).

That's all.
Well, not quite all!

I have altered the script and it runs fine as PirateHunter, but the above bit has me stumped. I can get KhaakHunter to run, but not both at the same time. I need to know what I have to alter in the setup.PirateHunter file to enable both to run simutaneously.

Lazza

Stevio
x3tc

Post by Stevio » Thu, 15. Dec 05, 21:43

in the 't' files there are files with ID's 447003[this is khaakhunters id] 't' file id etc.

you cant have 2 files with the same name in the same folder yet both have to be in the 't' folder

each script has to have different id's otherwise they don't work

cheers

stevio

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”