Possible TP mission bug or just unlucky.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Mercenary
x3tc

Possible TP mission bug or just unlucky.

Post by Mercenary » Fri, 25. Nov 05, 17:56

There was a bug that manifested itself in the early incarnation of X2 I believe where if you accepted a TP mission you were immediately told you'd killed or abandoned your passengers before you'd even undocked.

Now having planned to try and accelerate the amount of credits I'm earning I thought to buy myself a TP and take on one of these missions.

Purchased said Toucan from shipyard in Ianamous Zura and had it dock at the Trading Dock. Dropped in and checked the BB and yep there was a mission. Swapped ships and said 'Okay' response came back that everything was fine and then hey presto second message claims I just abandoned my passengers and I lose reputation.

Now as this was a first attempt at one of these, and knowing of a similar bug in a previous version, was I just unlucky or is this an issue.

General comment: I note from X2 to X3 there are significantly less opportunities to make significant cash through the BBS (noteably ships are generally slower and mission offers less frequent). Also I don't see where required rankings are located which is annoying when you say "Yes" and get told you don't have the required skill / experience level, limiting further a limited choice.

Mercenary
x3tc

Post by Mercenary » Sat, 26. Nov 05, 20:04

Bump ...

Just need a response on the TP issue as I reverted to an earlier save game as I'd rather not waste credits on a TP if I can't use it for Tour Guide Missions.

Note: Not being able to see mission ranks on BBS missions is a real pain. It was a neat feature in X2 that you knew what you needed before bothering to ask for the job. Without it it's really, really annoying to acknowledge an offered job to then be told you don't have the required experience. Definitely needs fixing.

Oh, and something new. I spend most of my time in a captured Pirate Nova Raider and there is no strafe system. Either that or the buttons don't work (which they must do as I can still type okay)...
Now playing X3 TC.

Mercenary
x3tc

Post by Mercenary » Thu, 1. Dec 05, 21:02

No strafe drive with any ship.

I press the W,A,S,D keys and nothing happens.

I seem to be able to keep alive in the game pretty well without it but sometimes it could prove useful if it worked.

System info:
Dell Dimension 8250
P4 2.54GHz
128 DDR ATI Radeon 9700 TX
CH Products Fighter Stick
Memory: 1024MHz RDRAM 1.5GB
Windows XP Home

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 1. Dec 05, 21:13

Mercenary wrote:No strafe drive with any ship.
You might want to check what the actual keys are for this. If you are using the classic profile or have remapped them then they won't work. Also try the old trick of moving close to something and facing it to be sure you're not just missing the movement.

Mercenary
x3tc

Post by Mercenary » Thu, 8. Dec 05, 17:46

Sorted cheers. The activation of the strafe isn't as pronounced as it was in X2 ... :oops:

Still have the problem with the TP mission, every time I accept, I get the 'okay, credentials check out fine, passengers are boarding' type message immediately followed by the 'You can't abandon us here' message.'

And I'm still docked.

Hopefully the number of (doable) BBS missions will increase after the next patch as I recently trawled 2 sectors worth of station bulletin boards, and found only 1 BBS mission and then I was rejected as 'Not having the right ratings' ...

The great thing about X2 was all the other little jobs you could do as opposed to killing everything that moved. In X3 the lack of these little challenges means I'm getting bored inbetween earning enough credits from the UT's to buy stations.

Please make more available... while looking into this TP Tour of a Lifetime issue....
Now playing X3 TC.

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”