Doubleshadow-Editor-Adding Ships

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

HighVelocity
x3ap

Doubleshadow-Editor-Adding Ships

Post by HighVelocity » Fri, 25. Nov 05, 18:03

High everyone..
For testing I added with the X3 Editor an Xperimental to the Argon Prime Shipyard, but it doesn´t show up in the game. I tried other ships like boron or teladi or adding food from other races to the trading dock and it was ok.
Also adding pirate ships does nothing? I always started a new game.
Any ideas?

Graxxus
x3

Post by Graxxus » Fri, 25. Nov 05, 18:33

If I remember correctly in X2 for example in order for a completely new ship to appear in the universe it had to appear in the .obj files (x2galedit.obj and x2story.obj in the L folder) in order for the ship to actually show up in game. I don't think the modding community has found a way to alter these yet...so temporarily you'll need to alter a ship slot for an existing ship in the x universe in order to add it into the game.

HighVelocity
x3ap

Post by HighVelocity » Fri, 25. Nov 05, 19:51

Maybe you are right. I thougt because of the line in the tships.txt it is enough, because there is standing the SS_SH_XP. And the X3 editor allowed: ... insert object -ship -xperimental.
I also found out, that english and german versions have different Numbers of files (i have installed both - playing english and testing german). That means a few hundred more try and errors...

big_feef
x3tc

Post by big_feef » Sat, 26. Nov 05, 10:46

First post; Woot!

Anyway, I've been messing around with the X3 editor and I found something out for myself (probably already found out my others, but). So far, when you create a new version of an in-game ship, make sure to insert the entry at the end (or selecting no when you paste it in). Inserting it above, which is the default if you choose yes, will screw up the game a bit. You'll be getting shps with the wrong models, x-shuttles instead of spacesuits ejecting from abondoned ships, etc.

The only way to actually get your ship ingame if you've created a nother version is to use the cheat editor. If the ship you copied was an Argon Nova Vanguard, it'll show up ingame as an Argon Nova Vanguard when you use the cheat script, but with the modified stats you gave it.

First X game and I'm enjoying it emmensely!

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sat, 26. Nov 05, 10:59

Welcome to the madhouse :)
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

HighVelocity
x3ap

Post by HighVelocity » Sat, 26. Nov 05, 12:48

Thanks...
Another tiny bit of information. But for me scipting is always forbidden and thats the reason, while i had never a crah or something else during 2 years of playing x2. Scipts are always high risks, because I can never be sure, that they are ruining something (especially for me, because I have no idea of that hieroglyphs). Changing only types.txt or galaxy.xml with my lovely Ultraedit-Hexeditor never ruined anything.

The answer also means, that there is a great difference to X2. In X2 I only added one line (manually) to the universe.xml, because there are the contents of the stations. If I rember correct, one other line in the tships and that was enough. All in all it was very simple.

I´m also not sure, that we understand each other for 100% I didn´t copy or paste something. Also every files are original.

1. Opening X3-Editor
2. Button Galaxy Editor
3. Click on Argon Shipyard
4. Objects ....... right mouse "add"
5. Window appears with two lines
6. first line "ship"
7. second line (you can scroll ) ..Xperimental
ok.
......and the last line of alle Ships in Argon Prime was the Xperimental. I clicked on it and there were also the corrckt information (Laser, Hull, velocity and much more).
Of course you can move the ship with the mouse to the first place in the argon Shipyard or anywhere else. But always failure. If you do the same steps with any other ship (second line ... scrolling ...eg. boron octopus), I was able to buy a octopus in Argon Prime Shipyard.
Maybe the reason is, that in the expanded files of X3 (objects/ships/argon, etc.) there is no XP?
I also tried insert AP Gunner and also a failure, because there is no file AP-Gunner. I also found no files with pirate ships so I think that is also the reason, why inserting pirate ships does nothing. Am I right?

and here we go...

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”