X2-Has anyone won the lotto?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Deleted User

X2-Has anyone won the lotto?

Post by Deleted User » Sat, 26. Nov 05, 03:32

I know every race has there own version, and they all charge 2500 credits, but has anyone ever won it?

The_Abyss
x3

Post by The_Abyss » Sat, 26. Nov 05, 03:53

Not that I have seen.

Maybe they aren't trying hard enough...
Strung out on Britain's high, hitting an all time low

bladeuk
x3tc

Post by bladeuk » Sat, 26. Nov 05, 14:28

I always play when i see one, i must be picking the wrong numbers cus of almost 50 game days of buying i never won...not once.....not even a tenner :cry:

BOBER
x3

Post by BOBER » Sat, 26. Nov 05, 14:36

I tried a thousand times and I never one the lotto. I wonder were my credits are now. :?

DarthVodka
x3tc

Post by DarthVodka » Sat, 26. Nov 05, 14:48

lol i thought it was a scam!
The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom.
William Blake

Misinformed
x3tc

Post by Misinformed » Sat, 26. Nov 05, 14:55

I bet the odds are incredibly high against you winning the lotto, i wonder why they even put it in in the 1st place.

Sotos
x3

Post by Sotos » Sat, 26. Nov 05, 16:40

The chance of winning the Lotto in X2 and X3 is 1 out of 10

Do not even bother with it
AMD X2 4400+ \ 2.0 GB (4x512) Corsair DDR400 DL \ A8N32-SLi-Deluxe \ Waiting for new Graphic card \ Creative X-FI FATALITY FPS \ Enermax 600W NT \ Maxtor 2 x 250Gb 16 b

Wolfkin
x3tc

Post by Wolfkin » Sat, 26. Nov 05, 16:42

Sotos wrote:The chance of winning the Lotto in X2 and X3 is 1 out of 10

Do not even bother with it
Eh...you mean 1 out of 10 MILLION right?

Deleted User

apparently not

Post by Deleted User » Sun, 27. Nov 05, 07:38

I found this in the search:
esd (moderator) wrote:
I'll say this before the thread's locked...

...you can't win the lottery. The winnings don't fit in your account.
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... c&start=15

Apparently the payout is more than you can have in you account. I did read before about a guy with around 1000 factories, and he said he had set up several "banks," with his factories. I wasn't sure why at the time, but I guess this is a good reason.

TeslaTrooper
x3

Post by TeslaTrooper » Sun, 27. Nov 05, 11:46

So why did they bother injecting this into the game? :?
So you want to fly in space?

humility925
x4

Post by humility925 » Sun, 27. Nov 05, 11:56

For fun to waste your money, I guess.

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Sun, 27. Nov 05, 22:30

Well, these games are very expansive, and woefully incomplete. I suppose the expansiveness is what drew me in in the first place, now it is pushing me away. There are so many options, but they are all limited. Planets you can't land on, news stories that constanly repeat, limited storyline, substandard out-takes, ship cockpits that all look alike, NPC races with no concept of callateral damage, lack of ship upgrades, etc.

What about those news stories that lead you on to think there may be a business opportunity somewhere, but it is at an inaccecible location? They've tried to include so much, they haven't really finished anything. I feel that they should release a "core" game, and add expansion packs. Say in the core game you only had one ship and several missions using that, you then could learn about the galaxy, the different systems and ships, etc. Then you could buy the station traders pack, or the planet pack, or a new frontiers pack, ship upgrades and new station types too. Provided we actually got completed material, I know I'd buy them. I feel it would have been better to expand on X2 rather than make X3 separate. Especially since it looks that X3 is merely X2 with a facelift, it seems to have the same problems.

Maybe they think winning the lottery would spoil the game, I disagree. You only need an M3 fighter to complete the game, they give you everything else. What about the big ships? I didn't get an M2 or M1, hell, not even a TL until after I completed the game missions. Winning the lottery would make it a very different game, and that is a reason to start over on another game.

Isn't replayability one of the qualities that sell games?

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”