Squash mine factory sux

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

scoochy
x4

Squash mine factory sux

Post by scoochy » Wed, 30. Nov 05, 06:05

Built me up a complex in Trinity Sanctum with the end product being squash mines. Pretty bad idea. At first they were selling out of the Paranid Trading Dock pretty quick. Now that thing has been full for a while, with mines just piling up in my complex. Since it is near 2 different pirate bases, I can't set my freighters to trade auto out of the sector since they love to dock and pirate bases, and get wasted on the way.

But a bright side, I have the Bean Factory and 2 Husk makers in the complex, and Husk seems to be selling like hot cakes, but it seems that I will have to destroy my Squash Mines fact in order to make the husk and end product. So I have to trade manually.

Would be nice if I could just shut the mine factory down for a bit, sell the husk, then fire up the mines again when there is a buyer.
System Specs:
P4 3.00 ghz HT
256mb PCI-E 6800gt 78.01 drivers
2 gig ram/4 512 meg sticks
SB audigy gamer sound card
Albatron socket 478 MB w/ PCI-E slot

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Wed, 30. Nov 05, 06:25

This might work, might not, but try adding another bean or husk factory.

scoochy
x4

Post by scoochy » Wed, 30. Nov 05, 17:08

I thought that same thing when I added another husk factory.

The complex started as:
1 squash mine---husk fact----bean fact
- had a TON of beans left over (Can't sell except manually)

So I added another husk, easier to move husk than beans, and hoping that mabye husk would be an end product. Now the complex is as such:

Squash mine-----husk fact----husk fact-----bean fact

Produces alot of husk now, and I'm not over surplus on beans, but husk is still an intermediate. When I get home from work, I'll see about adding another husk, however, I don't think the bean fact will be bale to keep up.
System Specs:
P4 3.00 ghz HT

mawi
x4

Post by mawi » Wed, 30. Nov 05, 17:21

if i understand other posts in the past, you need to have the new factory allready producing products(and possibly have sold some too) before you hook it up to a complex to allow it to have its product as an end product at the complex, if you just plant it and hook it up empty, it will be classed as intermediate only if the complex uses its product.

and from the sounds of it, if you wait until 1.3 you will be able to select what is end product in complex's regardles of what they start as.

ouch
x3tc

Post by ouch » Wed, 30. Nov 05, 20:32

well what I would do is set the mines near the pirate station. if it's a normal one and not one of those super evil ones that are an enemy to you right off the bat.. or if it has no external defense. (lasertowers)

in x2 I believe 20 of them could take a station out. just casually place them around the station and then activate them in one go. you might want to set one off next to your station just to get an idea of their damage in X3 as I havn't used them yet myself in X3.

scoochy
x4

Post by scoochy » Wed, 30. Nov 05, 20:46

I am such a maroon! Blow up the dang pirate stations! Now THAT sounds like a plan!
System Specs:
P4 3.00 ghz HT

ouch
x3tc

Post by ouch » Wed, 30. Nov 05, 20:56

Violence solves everything... :lol:

bfgs
x3

Post by bfgs » Wed, 30. Nov 05, 21:23

Not that I am going to destroy any stations in the near future but how would people go about doing it on a low buget (no squash mines).

nightsteed
x3

Post by nightsteed » Wed, 30. Nov 05, 21:37

Low budget? Hmm.. approximately 200 crates of MD ammo should do the trick. :twisted:

Just make sure you took care of all the guards, it'll take quite awhile.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”