Split and spaceflies

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

George Wills
xr

Split and spaceflies

Post by George Wills » Wed, 30. Nov 05, 11:52

I don't understand this:
:? Split use spaceflies in common as secondary resource. But they have no ships capable of effective hunting this creatures. Their fighters lack IDs, essential to stun flies. TS and TP has ID mountable, but mostly only on AFT and both ship types are too slow and awkward to catch fly stunned only for short time.

:idea: Are spaceflies mostly imported commodity for Splits?

:idea: Or Split spaceflies hunting job is only for group of ships? 1 TS/TP stunned them and few fighters scoop them up? Is any way to organize such as hunting group in X3?

:idea: Or Split fly hunters buy/steal suitable ships from other races?

:?: BTW did you meet spaceflies in X3 ever? Last time I remember I met some singing swarm of flies it was in X2. Maybe wild form of spaceflies are eradicated and that imported to Split are produced in some secret facility. Who knows?

-XTM-
x3

Post by -XTM- » Wed, 30. Nov 05, 11:57

X3 makes me see Spaceflies just about everywhere....playing way too much.

But yes they are in the game...saw them a couple of times, without
the sound though.
The Xtended Mod

Need Help?

Ask Questions / View the FAQ's at TheXUniverse Forums
Read the News on Mod Developments at our Website

shadowfang2
x3

Post by shadowfang2 » Wed, 30. Nov 05, 12:09

why do u have to use split ships ? argon nova would prolly be better

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 30. Nov 05, 13:08

shadowfang2 wrote:why do u have to use split ships ? argon nova would prolly be better
The question was why the Split have to buy Novas to do their hobby, which is outlawed by everyone else? The player is free to do whatever, but the Split ship design should allow to perform the Split traditions.

Was it Swedes that have a special treat? Something like put herrings in a barrel and let them rot for a while before eating? Would it make sense, if all the suitable barrels would be designed and manufactured by somebody else (who does never eat rotten herrings) than Sweden?

BTW, I think that Split Iguana has 4 IonD on the nose, which should be able to stun and scoop even the most stubborn fly. :wink: Just the ship for luxury raids.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

steel chicken
x3

Post by steel chicken » Wed, 30. Nov 05, 15:34

ive seen em a couple times too, but i miss the sound :(
Those who give up freedom for security deserve neither.

EsGi
x3

Post by EsGi » Wed, 30. Nov 05, 17:27

Havent seen them out in the open, found a crate of spaceflies yesterday in the Hole I think, along with some hornets and dragonflies, missiles that is. So where do you take spaceflies, I haven't got a clue. Don't pirates buy them or something, need to sell em before I get done by the coppers.

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Wed, 30. Nov 05, 17:34

I've never seen a spacefly in space, and I've spent a lot of time wandering around exploring while my UT's do thier thing.

I'm wondering whether they don't appear till you have the collector. In X2 they were everywhere.

Oh, and I also saw a Boron Spacefly collector ship. I thought those guys were protecting spaceflies? for shame....
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

DarthVodka
x3tc

Post by DarthVodka » Wed, 30. Nov 05, 17:37

Perhaps there is a sound file for them but it's too low volume. I've noticed a few really unbalanced sounds while playing: MDs are way loud and you can hardly hear the freight scanner at all.... Or is that just my sound card? lol
The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom.
William Blake

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”