goner rankings

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

BOBA FETT
x3

goner rankings

Post by BOBA FETT » Wed, 30. Nov 05, 13:56

How do you increase your Gonad rankings in the game?

Uncle B

Post by Uncle B » Wed, 30. Nov 05, 14:03

I used LV's cheat script.

There's no way in a non plot game I could find.
[Mutter! Grumble... Cough! Splutter. Mumble...]

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Wed, 30. Nov 05, 14:10

Uncle B wrote:There's no way in a non plot game I could find.
Buy an aweful lot of Salvage Insurance, Transport Devices and Jumpdrives.
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

Uncle B

Post by Uncle B » Wed, 30. Nov 05, 14:18

I spent 500K on insurance with no benefit. I started out too low in their esteem to buy the other goods.
[Mutter! Grumble... Cough! Splutter. Mumble...]

RogerL
x4

Post by RogerL » Wed, 30. Nov 05, 14:30

If you start as aspiring explorer, then you probably have to live without transporter devices. Jumpdrives can be bought at Terracorp headquarters at least.

That is unless you use script editor. Maybe buying several thousands of salvage insurance might be enough to gain reputation, I do know that buying transporter devices and jumpdrives eventually gains reputation with goner. But needs a lot of buying.

shabbyj
x3

Post by shabbyj » Wed, 30. Nov 05, 14:56

Is there a benefit to increasing your ranking with them then?

RogerL
x4

Post by RogerL » Wed, 30. Nov 05, 15:05

Not unless it is too low, like for the gamestart aspiring explorer. There it is too low to buy transport devices and jumpdrives. And there is no other places than goner temple to buy transport devices (that I'm aware of I should add).

ductsoup
x3

Post by ductsoup » Wed, 30. Nov 05, 15:53

maybe this is a bug or something which was overlooked, not sure if it'll be fixed ever.

RogerL
x4

Post by RogerL » Wed, 30. Nov 05, 16:01

It might also be a feature, that aspiring explorers are not allowed to use transporter devices :) It is however a fact that they can't, without extreme buying of salvage insurances at least.

Kadatherion
x4

Post by Kadatherion » Wed, 30. Nov 05, 18:33

There's a Goner BBS mission, with a very nice reward, which only awaits to be completed and implemented in game. At least, the text entries are all in the xml. Same thing goes for many other BBS missions and Events that seems to be partially there but not yet implemented. Maybe, when the most urgent issues will be fixed, later patches will complete these features, and we will see a couple more ways to interact with Goners.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Mon, 2. Jan 06, 20:24

Ressurecting this topic may be to raise enough interest that the devs will take a look at this in the next patch.

I hope they will fix it in the 1.4 patch, as playing as Enemy Of the State, I can't even dock at the Temple, and I am hostile to all Rangers (Goner Heretic at 99%). All I want is to make them blue instead of red so that my ships don't accidentally shoot at them in the heat of the battle. (I know changing the "Make hostile ship hostile to me", but if I do that everything is blue in my flying ship).

obi-HERMITMAN
x3

Post by obi-HERMITMAN » Mon, 2. Jan 06, 22:00

ive noticed the more jumpdrives, transporters and salvage insurance i buy the more my rep increases, but its slow going even as ur fleet starts to expand a lot.

And I mean sssslllllllllllooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwww!

Flipside72
x3

Re: goner rankings

Post by Flipside72 » Mon, 2. Jan 06, 22:34

BOBA FETT wrote:
:lol:

Shadow_Knight
x4

Post by Shadow_Knight » Mon, 2. Jan 06, 22:45

I don't run any scripts and I had an odd thing happen just last night. I took an assasination mission in circle of labour and had to destroy a teladi albatross, 2 ospreys and 2 falcons. Once I wiped them out I got a "you mhave been promoted" message. When I checked my stats everything seemed to be in order except for my goner ranking which had gone up from 87% or 89% to 90% but I am not sure if I still have the same goner rank as I never really worry about it. I hadn't even bought anything from them for several days. Perhaps if you keep completing bbs missions with no failures you eventually begin to gain rankings with them?

HaunterV
x3

Post by HaunterV » Mon, 2. Jan 06, 22:53

RogerL wrote:It might also be a feature, that aspiring explorers are not allowed to use transporter devices :) It is however a fact that they can't, without extreme buying of salvage insurances at least.
i believe aspiring explorer is geared towards exploring the deepest reaches of space.

Sykosis
x3tc

Re: goner rankings

Post by Sykosis » Tue, 3. Jan 06, 01:31

BOBA FETT wrote:
There are also some missions avail. from the Gonor Temple that will improve your ranking

TheHolyLancer

Post by TheHolyLancer » Thu, 12. Jan 06, 06:44

but what happends if you can';t dock like me who started on the split one?
I7-3610QM
Radeon 7970M
16 GB DDR3

Lobai
x3

Post by Lobai » Thu, 12. Jan 06, 08:21

TheHolyLancer wrote:but what happends if you can';t dock like me who started on the split one?
I'd say you're up a creek! :twisted:

I'm at Believer 4% now that I've bought so many jumpdrives (all corvettes, Capital ships and UT's) and a good 1k salvage insurance or so now.

nirwin
x3tc

Post by nirwin » Thu, 12. Jan 06, 09:52

I heard in some post somewhere that if you killed pirates in the presence of a Goner Ranger (? dunno if I'm making up the ranger bit or not) that u gained relations, but that cuda been a plot thing.

Soz for the disjointed post, tired
Nirwin
------
Sector Takeover | Unlimited Resources (x2/x3)

illum_inati

Post by illum_inati » Fri, 13. Jan 06, 13:35

nirwin wrote:I heard in some post somewhere that if you...[random guess here]
Sorry mate, but I've seen lots of these. Hail the goner rangers, kill pirates in CBSW, buy insurance from the goners and whatever. They do NOT work.

Goner standing is borked as aspiring explorer, period.
Thargoid pwnage, omgyarrr!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”