X3 UFO sighting!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Bishop149
x3

X3 UFO sighting!

Post by Bishop149 » Thu, 1. Dec 05, 09:42

Clicky

Looks exactly the same as the X2 one, but has its own gravidar symbol now no longer a Gonor ship. . . . wonder what happens if I attack it? . . . Can I cap it!
"Shoot for the Moon. If you miss, you'll end up co-orbiting the Sun alongside Earth, living out your days alone in the void within sight of the lush, welcoming home you left behind." - XKCD

Dr.Sid
x3

Post by Dr.Sid » Thu, 1. Dec 05, 09:47

Just try it .. I've seen it too, really early in my game .. it was like 10th sector I entered. But it was quite far away and really fast. No chance to get close.

Dunners
x3

Post by Dunners » Thu, 1. Dec 05, 09:48

The graphics look like they have been upped to suit the rest of X3.

Dunners

The Rogue Trader
xr

Post by The Rogue Trader » Thu, 1. Dec 05, 09:50

If you kill them when Goners are in the sector your Notoriety goes up with the Goners.

Mozz
xr

Post by Mozz » Thu, 1. Dec 05, 10:40

how the hell do you kill them when their going at 300 ms?!

UberRancoR
x3

Post by UberRancoR » Thu, 1. Dec 05, 10:41

I also encountered one near the Goner Temple. Could not catch it though as it traveled at 300 (km/s- not sure of speed measurements in game??) with my capped pirate Nova only being able to reach 84.

Tojx
x3

Post by Tojx » Thu, 1. Dec 05, 14:18

Use jump drive to jump to the gate they're heading to, then simply wait until they arrive.

Hachiman
x3tc

Post by Hachiman » Thu, 1. Dec 05, 14:31

Mozz wrote:how the hell do you kill them when their going at 300 ms?!
Just finally finished mapping the X-3 world in my little Octopi...It would have been no problem running down a UFO @ 500 m/s + but I never did come across one during all that flying..Maybe the trigger for X-3 UFO's is plot related..I have only done the first mission,too busy building a new Empire to let the plot get in the way :D
Kachi wa saya no naka ni ari
[Victory comes while the sword is[still]in the scabbard]

GnatB
x3

Post by GnatB » Thu, 1. Dec 05, 18:22

Probably not plot related... I've seen one and I've only done the first 2 (or is it 3?) missions

Mindwerks
x3

Post by Mindwerks » Thu, 1. Dec 05, 18:29

I've seen a few disc shaped craft flying around that at the time I thought looked just like the UFO's you see on the X-Files and such. But never really looked that close at them, just figured they were piramid or split ships... I'm still new to the X-world. They made a cool noise when you fly by them :)

I wonder if they are the same as the ones you describe.

Bishop149
x3

Post by Bishop149 » Thu, 1. Dec 05, 18:30

Slight update, don't think you can cap it. Tried for quite a while, as it appears to have no pilot I also held at 30m from it and tried the system override software. . . . didn't work either (Not surprising)

Blew it up, no change in any race rank, but it gave an Argon scream when it died!
"Shoot for the Moon. If you miss, you'll end up co-orbiting the Sun alongside Earth, living out your days alone in the void within sight of the lush, welcoming home you left behind." - XKCD

oscar
x2

Post by oscar » Mon, 5. Dec 05, 02:10

No your noteriety goes down. I killed one and nothing happened, Ishot down another and I was booted back to goner follower. That meant a restart and now I leave them alone.
If you don't believe, then just shoot up a couple of them..

Raven_nh
x3

Post by Raven_nh » Mon, 5. Dec 05, 02:26

i only saw it as my cargo ship was being attacked by Kha'ak, went to rescue ship spotted ufo.. reloaded game, told cargo ship to stay put in safe sector, and waited for it at gate, sure nuff he came through.
shot at it and fired some mosiquto missiles.
after he out ran me i jumped to opposite gate and waited and contunued to fire/missiles etc.. till his speed was 'managable' at 153. slight crash into him kills him.
doesn't shoot back or anything. holds 25 cargo but nothin in it.
has a 'human' voice when dying lol. It is goner though. cause i was in empty sector and cargo scanned it and goner rep went down. nobody but ufo knew i was scannin.

Raven

thetack
x3tc

Post by thetack » Mon, 5. Dec 05, 10:08

i have seen ufos loads of times in my non plot game in fact i think i have had more ufo sitings in x3 than in a year of x2.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”