Mobile Drilling System - How do you use it?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

RevanDarkLord
x3

Mobile Drilling System - How do you use it?

Post by RevanDarkLord » Fri, 2. Dec 05, 02:25

Just bought a mobile drilling system and put it in one of my mercury's. (bought the ore collector as well) and I went to an astroid and cant figure out how to use it. I checked my freight and tryed to install it but it wont let me install it into either the laser bay or the missile bay. Anyone have any insights?

Thanks
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced."
- James A. Baldwin

heg0b0
x3

Post by heg0b0 » Fri, 2. Dec 05, 02:28

Not !

Mobile mining is an game option which was left out..

Hopefully they will implent it in the 1.3 or a later patch.
Dont polute space !!

Scarecrow
x4

Post by Scarecrow » Fri, 2. Dec 05, 02:28

For starters .... the Merc won't mount a mobile drilling rig.

....... but also, mobile mining is not implemented yet in this game.

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Fri, 2. Dec 05, 02:29

it works like a laser. not all ships can mount it.

I believe there's a problem with mobile mining of asteroids in X3 at the moment, so even if you do work out where to put it, it wont be much use to you at the moment.

edit:
:roll: too slow

RevanDarkLord
x3

Post by RevanDarkLord » Fri, 2. Dec 05, 02:35

Ah thats a bummer. Well, I got two mercs with MK1 and 2 trade ext. and almost evertying maxed, one Discoverer and one Buster.

Ive been trying to find a place with some 5MJ shields but havent found one dock that has one yet. Wanted to sell everything and buy a nova and go capture a bunch of ships to make some more credits and get my rep up but I still dont have enough "noteriety", I was thinking about mobile drilling but thats a no go, I was then thinking of maybe buying a dolphin and maxing out its hold capacity so I could do more energy cells at once, as thats what ive currently been doing with my mercs is lots and lots of energy cell trading. but thats been very time consuming.

Anyone else have any ideas of how I can get a faster start at this? Seems my options are still slim, and the campaign doesnt really seem to pay at all, so thats not an option! lol

Thanks for any help
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced."
- James A. Baldwin

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”