X Online Question

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Chrisalis
x3

X Online Question

Post by Chrisalis » Fri, 19. Sep 03, 20:39

Just wondering...

How can we use SETA? Is it going to be excluded???

:? :? :( :(

fireblade
x4

Re: X Online Question

Post by fireblade » Fri, 19. Sep 03, 20:46

Chrisalis wrote:Just wondering...

How can we use SETA? Is it going to be excluded???

:? :? :( :(
we can`t it will most likely be replaced by somthing else but as to what no idea

Chrisalis
x3

Post by Chrisalis » Fri, 19. Sep 03, 20:57

Ah. Ok.

They might make something like an Afterburner.

Cheers anyway pal.

:cry:

:Nova
xr

Post by :Nova » Fri, 19. Sep 03, 21:16

Id think that the SETA would increase the ship speed but not the pasage of time, like an afterburner :wink:

JadeNova
x3tc

Post by JadeNova » Fri, 19. Sep 03, 21:32

Ummm you do realise that this game is not X-Online don't you? It is called X2-The Threat and will only be single player.

X-Online is still quite a way away. :)

xr

Post by :Nova » Fri, 19. Sep 03, 21:35

No he means X Online :wink:

Quetz
x3

Post by Quetz » Fri, 19. Sep 03, 21:38

:Nova wrote:Id think that the SETA would increase the ship speed but not the pasage of time, like an afterburner :wink:
So it would be an afterburner, not SETA. Hard to have a time accelerator that doesnt accelerate time :P

Only other ways I can think of doing it is to greatly increase ship speeds overall or include a new type of engine that goes faster, but thats pretty much the same as upgrading your engines.

We shall see :wink:

Quetz

JadeNova
x3tc

Post by JadeNova » Fri, 19. Sep 03, 21:45

No he means X Online
Take a closer look at his thread heading and you will see why I mentioned it. :P

xr

Post by :Nova » Fri, 19. Sep 03, 22:31

Uhmm no I dont see anything, what am I looking for? :lol:

General Morphit
x3

Post by General Morphit » Sat, 20. Sep 03, 00:26

Quetz wrote:Only other ways I can think of doing it is to greatly increase ship speeds overall or include a new type of engine that goes faster, but thats pretty much the same as upgrading your engines.

We shall see
I doubt that 'making ships faster' will be very practical, ok it could make it a little more realistic (e.g it takes a while to accelerate to full speed and the same time to slow down too) Would be good for rushing enemy strongholds. Would be bad for the control system. Hitting your nice shiny throttle to see you ship wizz off into oblivion would be rather disheartening (not to mention embarrassing in front of real people)

A lot of people have mentioned a freelancer style ‘Cruise Engine’ that comes bundled with a disadvantage of some kind. (i.e loss of weapons, shields (reminds me of turbo *holds head*)) but I think the way to go is Jumpgates. We can already use them to get to the other side of the sector but I think that they could be used to jump to a preset location inside a sector (providing your already in it). But that may be to easy.. Instantaneous travel *anywhere* hmm…

So how about we negate the time-altering stuff altogether? Why not use the time you aren’t online to move around? Set up a schedule of trade runs, and the servers will run them for you (in real speed of course) but I spose that would alienate the player somewhat :S Tricky. Very tricky.

We shall see

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Sat, 20. Sep 03, 03:18

How about SETA that only accelerates the ship not the rest of the universe, but with all the other restrictions: Can't change course, doesn't work within 1KM of another object etc. Like the jumpdrive in the original Elite.

xr

Post by :Nova » Sat, 20. Sep 03, 09:41

moggy2 wrote:How about SETA that only accelerates the ship not the rest of the universe, but with all the other restrictions: Can't change course, doesn't work within 1KM of another object etc. Like the jumpdrive in the original Elite.
Thats basically what I meant :P

Chrisalis
x3

Post by Chrisalis » Tue, 23. Sep 03, 20:02

moggy2 wrote:
How about SETA that only accelerates the ship not the rest of the universe, but with all the other restrictions: Can't change course, doesn't work within 1KM of another object etc. Like the jumpdrive in the original Elite.

Thats basically what I meant
You might have to give it another name... Like EBS... (ENGINE BOOSTER SYSTEM) :D :star:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”