Khaak Destroyer!!!! AAhhhh!!!!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

JonBrockman
x3

Khaak Destroyer!!!! AAhhhh!!!!

Post by JonBrockman » Sun, 4. Dec 05, 00:14

It would appear the Khaak have grown some cajones. A was returning from exploring Paranid space, and i entered Presidents End, where I have a silicone mine. Anyways, there is a freaking KHAAK DESTROYER! Seems to be heading to home of light, but that would put it in range of my mine... I have an M4 Buster. Any Ideas?

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Sun, 4. Dec 05, 00:14

Run like hell.
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

suicidalfoetus
x3tc

Post by suicidalfoetus » Sun, 4. Dec 05, 00:16

I haven't really played the game long enough to really suggest anything, but my first response would be to start crying and say goodbye to your mine.
May the wind be always at your back

Red Spot
x3

Post by Red Spot » Sun, 4. Dec 05, 00:30

esd wrote:Run like hell.
:lol:

fire some missiles at it .. make it chase you around ..
and pray to some god that the argon will come to defend their sectors ..;)

G

Leroy The Badger
x3tc

Post by Leroy The Badger » Sun, 4. Dec 05, 01:18

Do the type of Khaak ships that randomly spawn in sectors depend upon the difficulty you are playing at?

For example, I've played on Quickstart and Normal and ony ever seem to see Interceptors and Scouts

hox
x3

Post by hox » Sun, 4. Dec 05, 01:47

I'm playing on extreme and have only seen clusters, dont think its related to that. I'm also miltant in combat rank that doesnt seem to change anything either

Arwan
x3

Post by Arwan » Sun, 4. Dec 05, 01:51

yea shoot a mosqito missle at it and let it try and chase you down. now fly right for every other ship in the sector that is out of range of your mine and let them deal with the problem with time i would say 1day LOL it should adventually die. LOL.

i have beaten the game on normal and have very high relations with the argon then teladi boron split and paranid. (in order) i have just over 8 game days in and have yet to see a khaak M2 or M1 in a sector that spawned there on its own. (yes i am a cheeter i script in enamy ships to blast as it gets lonly just flying from point a to point b.) but i dont need to do that as much any more as my fighter rank is at vindicator and when i enter a trouble sector to clear pirates i usually see from 3-7 groups of them. and more will spawn in before i take care of the initial ones.
"how do you manage to keep your ship so dirty pilot." X3 mission quote for TP.

James_2k
x3

Post by James_2k » Sun, 4. Dec 05, 01:59

Im also of the opinion that running like hell would be the best course of action. and be thankful the game can still suprise :)

DarthVodka
x3tc

Post by DarthVodka » Sun, 4. Dec 05, 02:17

I say stand and fight! It might be sheer stupidity, it may be certain suicide, but dammit it man this is what heroes do.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom.
William Blake

TigRon

Post by TigRon » Sun, 4. Dec 05, 02:19

im with the stay and fight, if you die atleast you had fun in the process :P

Stoke me a klipper i'll be back for Christmas!
FPS Doug-"Everyone runs faster with a knife"
[ external image ]

jaeshaw
x4

Post by jaeshaw » Sun, 4. Dec 05, 02:31

Do the type of Khaak ships that randomly spawn in sectors depend upon the difficulty you are playing at?

For example, I've played on Quickstart and Normal and ony ever seem to see Interceptors and Scouts
I started on quickstart and have had a khaak destroyer in cloudbase northwest which destroyed all the stations

jae

jaeshaw
x4

Re: Khaak Destroyer!!!! AAhhhh!!!!

Post by jaeshaw » Sun, 4. Dec 05, 02:42

JonBrockman wrote:It would appear the Khaak have grown some cajones. A was returning from exploring Paranid space, and i entered Presidents End, where I have a silicone mine. Anyways, there is a freaking KHAAK DESTROYER! Seems to be heading to home of light, but that would put it in range of my mine... I have an M4 Buster. Any Ideas?

The only way I found to destoy the khaak destroyer was bye using a Argon centuar with plenty of missles (8 or so fairly hefty ones cost you about 70,000cr each) plus lota of moscito missles and bhepts in the turrets.

fire off you 8 big missles making sure you stay more than 4km away or there beam weapons will kill you, once you have there sheilds down to 25% turn around and runaway making sure you stay between 2.6 and 2.7km away from the destroyer and fire the moscito missles, the turrets at the back will chip away at the destroyer and you will be just outside thier main weapons range.

It will take you a while but it works I killed my destoryer in cloudbase northwest that way.

jae

myweb
x3tc

Post by myweb » Sun, 4. Dec 05, 02:58

I started the game on quickstart and have had a M1 khaak carrier sitting in presidents end for most of the game. Its been destroying my station traders venturing into that system as well as any other npc ship. My "empire" is too small to destroy it or even hope to capture it. :(

Kinda fun though playing cat and mouse with it while collecting all the loot from the destroyed transports in a mercury. :wink:

Something I miss from X2...military sector patrols, where a corvette or m3's would be wandering around from system to system. You'd think that the Argon would be wondering where all these missing ships were and send a destroyer or squadron of m3's to investigate.

Lofty
x2

Post by Lofty » Sun, 4. Dec 05, 03:20

Unfortunately, that's a human response. Computers are stupid unless told to do so otherwise!
Loftytech: If you're not living life on the edge you're taking up too much space!

Accounts: 130,000 Cr
Fighting Rank: Novice
Trading Rank: Master Dealer
Difficulty: X-Treme

Stations: None
Ships: 1x TS Mercury
1 x M5 Octopus

Geggo
x3tc

Post by Geggo » Sun, 4. Dec 05, 09:53

Well you could try to dump a TS load of squash mines in a line and lure the sucker in those, or use missiless from several km away.

euan78
x3

Post by euan78 » Mon, 5. Dec 05, 03:21

get into it with a truckload of mass driver ammo,admittelly i havent come across a Khaak M2 but i wasted a Khaak carrier with the above tactic in a nova raider,i reckon it would work on the destroyer too!

Stonerkrieg
x3

Post by Stonerkrieg » Mon, 5. Dec 05, 03:53

I wish this would happen in my game.It would be worth losing some factories just to have a challenge.

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Mon, 5. Dec 05, 04:08

Myweb, there are multi sector patrols, but none that could take on a khaak m1...

Gamma Kyon Beams are superdeadly to small ships :x

tommo8893
x3tc

Post by tommo8893 » Mon, 5. Dec 05, 07:38

You could hire a Mammoth and send it in for a fight :D

jaeshaw
x4

Post by jaeshaw » Mon, 5. Dec 05, 08:53

tommo8893 wrote:You could hire a Mammoth and send it in for a fight :D
I tried that it died very quickly :D

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”