x3 ufo tracking...

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Raven_nh
x3

x3 ufo tracking...

Post by Raven_nh » Sun, 4. Dec 05, 07:50

lol okay found a ufo and am currently tracking it. So far tracked it through ten sectors and apparently according to its ship id, cargo scan etc.. it appears its actually gonar? ship id G??VX-**
wonder where it will end up lol

Raven

Arwan
x3

Post by Arwan » Sun, 4. Dec 05, 08:02

10 dollars it ends up going in a circle.
"how do you manage to keep your ship so dirty pilot." X3 mission quote for TP.

Player.
x3tc

Post by Player. » Sun, 4. Dec 05, 08:50

or just going to be killed in a xenon sector :D
Last edited by Player. on Sun, 4. Dec 05, 09:20, edited 1 time in total.
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=183585 - X2 The Threat High Definition Mod - You know you wanna :)

Raven_nh
x3

Post by Raven_nh » Sun, 4. Dec 05, 09:01

lol yea so far stupid gonars.. went to unknown sector did a u turn headed back. lost rep cause i scanned the bugger lmao.. anyway he can take me on a tour of the sectors i havent been to yet. so no problem with the loop.

Toowizard
x3

Post by Toowizard » Sun, 4. Dec 05, 09:14

If you follow the UFO to his base, you unlock a demo of X4. Trust me, i've done it. X4 runs so much better -- framerates of 60 in Argon Prime! There's player headquarters and station mounted turrets and everything! Even multiplayer support for a MMORPG

not really. I just made that up.

Now, how many people read to the bottom of this post?
Cargo bay open, sheilds are down
Your cargo bay now contains... Slaves.

RaGodofTehSun
x3

Post by RaGodofTehSun » Sun, 4. Dec 05, 09:34

thats mean to do to people :P i fell for that when i was new to X2 lol

bendyspex
x3

Post by bendyspex » Sun, 4. Dec 05, 11:42

I heard that there was UFO base somewhere, that sold wares that you couldn't normally buy. I also heard that you needed to have some nividium to be able to trade with it to dock. But since I have never found a UFO I don't know for sure.

Raven_nh
x3

Post by Raven_nh » Sun, 4. Dec 05, 17:03

I doubt theres a base, I doubt the goners have more than 1 ufo..

either case im plotting out its patrol course.
http://storage.msn.com/x1pxOYwqu4SjF6Sf ... hZPglRLFJ_

thrangar
x4

Post by thrangar » Sun, 4. Dec 05, 17:24

Toowizard wrote:If you follow the UFO to his base, you unlock a demo of X4. Trust me, i've done it. X4 runs so much better -- framerates of 60 in Argon Prime! There's player headquarters and station mounted turrets and everything! Even multiplayer support for a MMORPG

not really. I just made that up.

Now, how many people read to the bottom of this post?

LOL

I like it

Cyrus The Virus

Post by Cyrus The Virus » Sun, 4. Dec 05, 20:30

It was in X2 too flying around

secat187
x3

Post by secat187 » Sun, 4. Dec 05, 23:39

It has been flying around since at least x-tension, possibly x-btf but I can't remember that far back, been a LONG time. Still remember that Xenon mother ship though M0 I think.
3200xp barton
asus geforce 5950 ultra
audigy player
1Gb crucial PC 3200 DDR Ram
MSI K7N2 Delta-ILSR Mother board
40Gb HD + 200Gb sata drive
Thermaltake Butterfly Purepower 480W

Raven_nh
x3

Post by Raven_nh » Mon, 5. Dec 05, 04:57

lol well it aint flyin around no more.. after tracking for 28 sectors it decided to get blown to bits in 472.. odd thing though its self healing.. well to some extent..
hull repaired 1 large block and increased speed from 153-179 between pontiflx and sacred relic..
wonder if the goners equiped it with goner insurance :lol: probably not..

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Mon, 5. Dec 05, 06:07

Speaking of UFOs I finally got my screenshots online and just thot I'd post my shots of the UFO here... :D

UFO in full glory
[ external image ]

UFO in a snazzy paintjob! (of sorts)
[ external image ]

FordGT90Concept
x3tc

Post by FordGT90Concept » Tue, 17. Jan 06, 12:58

I saw and tracked it too:

www.freepgs.com/stuff/ufo.wmv
www.freepgs.com/stuff/ufo_kill.wmv

I saw it move quickly on the sector map and fortunately, I had saved just before it jumped into Bad Debt through the South Gate. This allowed me to get the UFO Kill and the UFO footage from the same incident. As you can see in both videos, I'm in my large, lumbering Nemesis which is just about three times slower than the UFO (UFO peak speed is 300 m/s) so, I sent my nearest M5 ship after it which happened to be docked at the Argon Trading Station in Ore Belt (a very long ways from Bad Debt) after it. I ordered my Nemesis to follow it as best as I could and I watched it go from Bad Debt, to Trinity Sanctum, back to Bad Debt, and finally to Ministry of Finance where my major speed disadvantage lost it. To my surprise, the Discover passed me up here and continued to follow it to Rhy's Desire, Family Rhy, Reservoir of Tranquility, Barren Shores, Priest Refuge, Spring of Belief, Unholy Descent, and if finally caught up to it in Unknown Sector west of Unholy Descent. Once it arrived, it turned around and jumped back into the Unholy Descent sector where it kept on the Unknown Object's tail. The Discover followed it to Spring of Belief, Friar's Retreat, Cardinal's Domain, Moo-Kye's Revenge, and, unfortunately, the chase ends here in Mi Ton's Refuge where there was a swarm of probably two to three dozen pirates near the North Gate.

I was not in the Discover or have yet to look in Unholy Descent or Unknown Sector so I am not clear as to what was going on there. I'm going to try to keep on the Unknown Object's tail again but this time with an M5 piloted by myself.

At this point, I'm unsure about any bases but the craft itself may be an Easter Egg the developers threw in to get people talking. I do hope I find it though.

I've followed it for about 10 sectors and it seems to me that it just does a random "Fly to sector..." command. Currently, I have 40-50 Argon Discovers set to protect it.

The one I was and am tracking is "G??IF-64" so it definitely is Goner. When it blows up, you hear a human "AAAAHHH" to confirm that. Maybe I should try following some Goner ships while I'm at it.

Captain Hello
x3

Post by Captain Hello » Tue, 17. Jan 06, 15:20

These UFOs are annoying I keep runing into them. I must've wasted at least 7 of them. By the way does your rep with the Goners go down if you waste one? By the way the UFO is in X2 the Threat.
P4 2.66GHz
512Mb DDR 400MHz
Geforce 4800Ti

FordGT90Concept
x3tc

Post by FordGT90Concept » Tue, 17. Jan 06, 15:28

Not sure but they all have to be coming from somewhere. There's a simple fact that Xenon and Kha'ak attack everything except themselves, Goner included. This means all the Goner Rangers and Unidentified Objects have to be spawned somewhere. The Goner temple, as far as I know, is incapable of unit production. What's more is that while investigating the Southern Unknown Sectors, I ran into a Goner Ranger that was flying there. It is possible that they just roam like the Unidentified Object. In either case, they need a spawn location.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”