mines unknown sector near Maelstrom

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Elffin
x3tc

mines unknown sector near Maelstrom

Post by Elffin » Sun, 4. Dec 05, 15:10

I'm currently trying to get the Nova near Maelstrom but keep getting blown up getting through the gate.

unlike x2 which showed mines they do not appear on the gravidar?

can any one help?

DarthVodka
x3tc

Post by DarthVodka » Sun, 4. Dec 05, 15:18

Press SHIFT T. Your ship will find and target the closest mine. Destroy it. Rinse and repeat.

If you have turrets set them to attack all enemies or protect ship and they should also pick out the mines. Bear in mind that turrets don't have total coverage.

Hope that helps :)
The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom.
William Blake

generalkorrd
x3

Post by generalkorrd » Mon, 5. Dec 05, 04:05

Heres a dumb q for ya.... where the heck is the gate from maelstrom to the unkown sector??? I just cant find it. Please help me.

jl1aisbett
x4

Post by jl1aisbett » Mon, 5. Dec 05, 04:17

Took me a damned long time to find it and it ain't close to the centre of the sector so it will take you a while to find. I can't remember the exact co-ordinates but that would take the fun out of it anyway, good luck!

Stabbaho
x3

Post by Stabbaho » Mon, 5. Dec 05, 04:19

Spoiler
Show
coordinates are something like 0,0,-180, but not positive. I couldn't find it either. The way I found it was that once you come through the north gate, zoom the map out. Fly in a straight line to the center of the sector. Turn right. Fly in a straight line and you should run into it, but it is pretty far off the normal grid so don't give up. Good luck!
Hi floor, make me a sammich.

Toowizard
x3

Post by Toowizard » Mon, 5. Dec 05, 06:24

Stabbaho was close enough.

Spoiler
Show
exact spot is (-181, 0, 0)
Cargo bay open, sheilds are down
Your cargo bay now contains... Slaves.

amiga 600
x3

Post by amiga 600 » Mon, 5. Dec 05, 10:36

Spoiler
Show
Just follow one of the Goner ships in the sector heading in the west direction.

generalkorrd
x3

Post by generalkorrd » Mon, 5. Dec 05, 12:55

OK, thanks for the coords. I actually tried to follow the goner... he flew out west for 60k at 50 speed :evil: , then turned south for 30 k, then turned north and I just about shot him up for being stupid.

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Mon, 5. Dec 05, 13:27

what mines?

Seriously, I've played the game twice now,and have been to maelstrom and the sectors beyond quite a few times (at least six times). I've yet to find or hit a single mine, and I've flown all over each sector.

I've also resisted the temptation to look up the cords of the gate, and it's not at all easy to find, even with a triplex scanner, but it's not impossible.

A duplex scanner, on the other hand....
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

Toowizard
x3

Post by Toowizard » Mon, 5. Dec 05, 18:52

I encoutered mines out there on occcasion. Usually just reloading the game made them go away
Cargo bay open, sheilds are down
Your cargo bay now contains... Slaves.

DarthVodka
x3tc

Post by DarthVodka » Mon, 5. Dec 05, 19:00

As a matter of practice now I always hit shift T whenever I'm going through sectors like maelstrom, LooManckStrat's etc and/or approaching a pirate base. The number of times I've been hit by one of those little buggers is well into double figures. Luckily they don't do much damage to an M6 but a couple of them can quite easily take out one of my M3 wingmen.
The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom.
William Blake

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”