Where can I find jumpdrives other than Goner Temple and TerraCorp HQ?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

scruffpuff
x3

Where can I find jumpdrives other than Goner Temple and TerraCorp HQ?

Post by scruffpuff » Mon, 5. Dec 05, 02:56

I'm out in Family Tykr, or however you spell it, picking up a Caiman Super Freighter when it occurs to me that I have no idea where to pickup a jumpdrive way out here. Surely there is an easy answer that I am overlooking in my newbishness. right?

Ryuujin
x3

Post by Ryuujin » Mon, 5. Dec 05, 03:00

Sadly not, the only place you can pick up a jumpdrive is Terracorp HQ or the Goner Temple. Doesn't make much sense really does it?

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Mon, 5. Dec 05, 03:31

Ryuujin wrote: Doesn't make much sense really does it?
Actually it does, the Goner is the one invented the Jumpdrive after all, so as long as they don't sale their invention's license to the mass they're the only one who can sell it. Given the mutual relationship it's understandable TerraCorp can sale it too.

Yonder
x3

Post by Yonder » Mon, 5. Dec 05, 03:35

were there two Goner Temples in X2, or am I just remembering wrong?

scruffpuff
x3

Post by scruffpuff » Mon, 5. Dec 05, 03:35

so I have to fly this slow behemoth back through pirate infested space just to get it a jumpdrive? bah!

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Mon, 5. Dec 05, 03:39

scruffpuff wrote:so I have to fly this slow behemoth back through pirate infested space just to get it a jumpdrive? bah!
Well, you can get a strong/fast ship (maybe your personal ship) get over and transfer the jumpdrive to it, jump the "behemoth" to where you want and fly your personal ship back yourself, I think it's good enough to get back alive. :wink:

jl1aisbett
x4

Post by jl1aisbett » Mon, 5. Dec 05, 03:40

I use m5's for the purpose of acquiring jump dirves. I fly it over there remotely to pick one up and then fly it back near my general area so when I need it it's already there and then I just fly it back to get another one. A bit of work but it's safer and more effective (don't know if all m5's can do this).

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Mon, 5. Dec 05, 03:48

Transport your personal jumpdrive to the ship you want to equip, and also navigation command software too. Oh, and some energy.

Command it to jump to CBSW or Red Light. Quickly beam the jumpdrive, software and any remaining energy back to your ship. Marvel as your ship jumps away on the singularity that formed just before you beamed your jumpdrive back. Send it to buy it's own jumpdrive.

Job done.
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Mon, 5. Dec 05, 03:50

esd wrote:
Command it to jump to CBSW or Red Light. Quickly beam the jumpdrive, software and any remaining energy back to your ship. Marvel as your ship jumps away on the singularity that formed just before you beamed your jumpdrive back. Send it to buy it's own jumpdrive.

Job done.
Now that's a NEAT trick :o

jl1aisbett
x4

Post by jl1aisbett » Mon, 5. Dec 05, 03:51

You cheater ..... why didn't I think of trying that?

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Mon, 5. Dec 05, 03:52

Best thing you can do is this:

1. Get a transporter device, jumpdrive and Ecells for your current ship.
2. Jump out to where your new ship is, the one without the jumpdrive that you want to give one to.
3. Transport over enough Ecells to the other ship from your current ship, along with navigation command software mk1 AND your jumpdrive!
4. Order the new ship (the one that now has the jumpdrive) to jump to either Cloudbase South West (Goner Temple) or Home of Light (Terracorp HQ).
5. Now comes the most important part: Immediately after ordering your new ship to jump to either CBSW or HL, transport the jumpdrive back to your personal ship, BEFORE the other ship has a chance to jump! If you get the Jumpdrive back to your personal ship before the countdown for the new ship ends and it jumps, you'll get your jumpdrive back and the other ship will continue its jump, even though it doesn't have a jumpdrive! Oh, and also make sure to grab the Nav software back again, unless you don't want your current ship to be able to use the Jumpdrive again ;)

By the way, you can also get jumpdrives off Capped ships once in a while. I've got a couple myself recently.

(EDIT: Guess I don't type fast enough :lol: )
Last edited by Deleted User on Mon, 5. Dec 05, 03:57, edited 1 time in total.

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Mon, 5. Dec 05, 03:54

Renegade 13 wrote:*stuff*.
Four minutes too late :P
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Mon, 5. Dec 05, 03:55

esd wrote:
Renegade 13 wrote:*stuff*.
Four minutes too late :P
The hazards of typing too much, too slowly. :D :P

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Mon, 5. Dec 05, 03:57

Heh, I hope this ... trick won't be brought to attention like it did in X2.

You know ... in the beginning after you charge the Jumpdrive and then hit Shift-J again, you jump immidiately no matter how many percent you're charging, saved me lots of time when surround by Khaak. Later when they fixed that exploit I see a litte more firework of my own ship :wink:

abaddon
x3tc

Post by abaddon » Mon, 5. Dec 05, 04:34

Renegade 13 wrote: By the way, you can also get jumpdrives off Capped ships once in a while. I've got a couple myself recently.
Yes - I've been getting a load from captured pirates recently.

thrangar
x4

Post by thrangar » Mon, 5. Dec 05, 04:37

Mightysword wrote:
Actually it does, the Goner is the one invented the Jumpdrive after all, so as long as they don't sale their invention's license to the mass they're the only one who can sell it. Given the mutual relationship it's understandable TerraCorp can sale it too.
Wrong three different races worked on the jumpdrive in XBTF there is noway only rhe goners should get the market on it.

Also there are Pirates that just spawn in a sector(jumped in) Khaak have a jump drive...there are a lot of reasons wahy we should not be forced to play as an Argon...Simply putting the jumpdrive as a drop on a captured ship is not asking to much.

Cheers/Thrangar

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Mon, 5. Dec 05, 04:41

thrangar wrote:
Mightysword wrote:
Wrong three different races worked on the jumpdrive in XBTF there is noway only rhe goners should get the market on it.

Also there are Pirates that just spawn in a sector(jumped in) Khaak have a jump drive...there are a lot of reasons wahy we should not be forced to play as an Argon...Simply putting the jumpdrive as a drop on a captured ship is not asking to much.

Cheers/Thrangar

Eh, I don't know what XBTF said but the BBS in X3 indicated the Goner is the one hold the license for the Jumpdrive. The Goners Priest are considered scholar in the XUniverse so who know, maybe while everyone work on it, the Goners are the first to get its work, thus they hold the license.

As for your last point, well, if you read a thread on this page you can see that people are reporting Cap Pirate ship does drop JumpDrive. :wink:

scruffpuff
x3

Post by scruffpuff » Mon, 5. Dec 05, 04:59

wow, wish I had stayed on a little longer to learn about that jumpdrive technique. I basically remotely bought a discoverer and maxed it out. Named it "The Courier" and had it meet me in Family Whi with a jumpdrive. But next time I shall just do it the easy way.

One more question: Which lasers are best for missle defense? On a Nova I'm assuming it's the PAC or would it be the IRE?

fenix67
x4

Post by fenix67 » Mon, 5. Dec 05, 06:24

Although my method isnt as tricky as stealing a jump drive off a jumping ship, it works for me.

I hunt pirates in orb belt (or if your a rat like me, paranid and boron in splitfire. )

Superfreighters and expensive ships I sell right off, but If I capture a normal m4 or TS,
- send em to get some ecells in orb belt, jumpdrive in CBSW and the software in Red light.
- jump them to Family Njy for my next Caimin SF purchase and wait them in shipyard.
- once you are ready to make Caimin SF purchase jump in and dock also, do all switchin in station then sell your captured ship.
Keep on Gaming in the X universe

Hachiman
x3tc

Post by Hachiman » Mon, 5. Dec 05, 06:43

scruffpuff wrote: One more question: Which lasers are best for missle defense? On a Nova I'm assuming it's the PAC or would it be the IRE?
Best thing to stick in your rear end is a Mass Driver.... :D
Kachi wa saya no naka ni ari
[Victory comes while the sword is[still]in the scabbard]

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”