maelstrom?....

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Serpentillius
x3tc

maelstrom?....

Post by Serpentillius » Tue, 6. Dec 05, 14:10

just wondering but is there anywhere out of maelstrom sector other than the north gate to merchant heaven (i think...) just starting to puzzle me as i have seen other threads relating to maelstrom....eg something to find near it.... can anyone give me a clue.....or co-ordinates?

cheers.

Dgn Master
x3tc

Post by Dgn Master » Tue, 6. Dec 05, 14:21

Don't read if you don't want to explore instead.
Spoiler
Show
On the map i downloaded, it shows a gate to the west leading to an unknown sector
Could the parents of the little Argon girl, Suzie, please claim her sealed jar of remains?
She didn't mind the gap and ended up vapourized!

Elffin
x3tc

Post by Elffin » Tue, 6. Dec 05, 15:02

Spoiler
Show

There are actually two unknown sectors which are reachable from Maelstrom.

i) West Gate in Maelstrom (for unkown system 1) is approx 160 miles west of centre of the system.

ii) for the other system, gate is southwest from the previous gate(but is protected by mines -Shift t to target them ).

it is in this sector (unkown sector 2) that there is a nova ship hidden behind some asteroids.(due south from the north gate)

Apocholypse
x3

Post by Apocholypse » Wed, 7. Dec 05, 13:51

dgn master wrote:Don't read if you don't want to explore instead.
Spoiler
Show
On the map i downloaded, it shows a gate to the west leading to an unknown sector
Don't read if you want to explore yourself :wink:

Mythical
x4

Post by Mythical » Wed, 7. Dec 05, 15:54

Do you have the coordinates for the mined gate in the sw of the unknown sector west of the maelstrom?
I've been flying around the sector for the past half hour. :cry:
I have installed a triplex scanner and eliptic projector but no joy.
Would be greatful for the help
Thanks Mythical

Toowizard
x3

Post by Toowizard » Wed, 7. Dec 05, 19:31

Spoiler
Show
it's something like -30, -20, (or maybe -60, -40?) i think. I'll have to double check when i get home from work.
Cargo bay open, sheilds are down
Your cargo bay now contains... Slaves.

Looney
x3tc

Post by Looney » Fri, 9. Dec 05, 00:58

Erm.... i like exploring... and i can find the gates.... but is there anything actually in maelstrom to find.... like a station? or is it just empty?

Thanks Loons :oops:

Tartarus
x3

Post by Tartarus » Fri, 9. Dec 05, 01:01

Toowizard wrote:
Spoiler
Show
it's something like -30, -20, (or maybe -60, -40?) i think. I'll have to double check when i get home from work.
Dude... I love your siggy. :D

@ Looney ~ I have reason to believe there are no stations there, but then again, I've never been in that sector myself. :roll:

a.k.a, it's perfect for a T-Corp seeder fleet. :twisted:
"It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black."
masterk wrote:Dont get too excited about getting an M2/M1 though, the races would have your babies before they sell you one.

Mythical
x4

Gate coordinates

Post by Mythical » Fri, 9. Dec 05, 08:50

Thanks for the Gate coordinates. I'll give it another stab. Looking forward to claiming that freebie on the other side :)
Looks like you have the same problem I have, Which is having to earn a crust when I'd rather be empire building. Roll on the weekend or maybe I'm due for a couple sick days :wink:
Thanks again Mythical

DoHi
x3tc

Post by DoHi » Fri, 9. Dec 05, 09:14

Let me get this straight
Spoiler
Show
The 1st unknown sector I found then the 2nd one, reachable from 1st has mines? I found no mines and claimed the freebie. or i there a 3rd USec in the area?
The Truth is Out of Style.

Mythical
x4

Mined Gate

Post by Mythical » Fri, 9. Dec 05, 11:25

Spoiler
Show
According to other threads I've read and 'edath' who also posted on this subject there should be a mined gate to the south in the first unknown sector, west of the maelstrom. The freebie I'm after is in the second unknown sector. While originally looking for the gate I did come across a khaak fighter in the sector, its possible it may have set off the mines in your game, hence no mined gate. I've still not had the opportunity of searching for the gate cos workload just a bit busy in the lead up to Xmas.

I've wasted a lot of time searching for OoS Gates instead of playing the game :!:

Hope this clears things up - Mythical

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”