X3 Trader mode on a PSP

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Red Squirrel
x3

X3 Trader mode on a PSP

Post by Red Squirrel » Tue, 6. Dec 05, 16:49

This would be fantastic.

All you'd have to do is strip away all the fancy graphics.

Have a drop interface for a factory location and then manage everything from the text based property screen.

If I examine X3 and 2-I think its just a great big database and only really does anything with graphics when your in sector.

In theory it could work allbeit in a cut down version and you would not need a Cray to run it like on the supercomputer you use now.

Don't know how combat would work?

Sythil
x3tc

Post by Sythil » Tue, 6. Dec 05, 16:54

Combat could be made similar to Galaga or Asteroids (Subspace/Continuum).

HadleysHope
x3

Post by HadleysHope » Tue, 6. Dec 05, 17:12

I have been thinking about this also, PSP X3 would be awsome.

HadleysHope
x3

Post by HadleysHope » Tue, 6. Dec 05, 17:12

I have been thinking about this also, PSP X3 would be awsome.

karvala
x3

Post by karvala » Tue, 6. Dec 05, 17:26

X3 on your mobile phone anyone?

Rad Jeebus^
x3

Post by Rad Jeebus^ » Tue, 6. Dec 05, 17:37

How about this... X3 on the Pc. That works! And is completely bug free! And has plenty of extra content! The first step in the grave for most good computer games, is when they are released for both PC and a Console. Look at Deus Ex. Look at Medal of Honour (the subsequent ones that is). Look at Hitman. There are so many great series which are destroyed when developers have to take consoles in account.

I'm not saying no good games ever breach the gap, GTA is an example of an excellent game.

But please, keep things simple for yourself Egosoft, and maintain this huge fanbase which loves your excellent, well thoguhtout, advanced PC game.

Jeebs
It denos't mtater waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, it's olny iprmoatnt taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae.The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm.Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Red Squirrel
x3

Post by Red Squirrel » Tue, 6. Dec 05, 17:38

X3 on anything other than a PC......it would probably be playable.

Sythil
x3tc

Post by Sythil » Tue, 6. Dec 05, 17:40

Deus Ex 2 wasnt all that bad imo. The lack of skill points/raising was the only really bad thing about it.

karvala
x3

Post by karvala » Tue, 6. Dec 05, 17:45

Rad Jeebus^ wrote:How about this... X3 on the Pc. That works! And is completely bug free! And has plenty of extra content! The first step in the grave for most good computer games, is when they are released for both PC and a Console. Look at Deus Ex. Look at Medal of Honour (the subsequent ones that is). Look at Hitman. There are so many great series which are destroyed when developers have to take consoles in account.

I'm not saying no good games ever breach the gap, GTA is an example of an excellent game.

But please, keep things simple for yourself Egosoft, and maintain this huge fanbase which loves your excellent, well thoguhtout, advanced PC game.

Jeebs
That's all true, and personally I much prefer more complex games which don't port easily to consoles, but the sad reality is that console game revenues outstrip PC game revenues by a factor of 8 to 1. If we wanted X3 to have something genuinely new content, and things significantly improved from X2, I can't help wondering if console sales revenue would have provided the funding to do so, sadly.

ugly_duckling
x3

Post by ugly_duckling » Tue, 6. Dec 05, 18:06

sorry to burst the bubble but X3 is due out on the XBOX 360 sometime next year... which is why all the GUIs have been added rather than just keyboard commands
My Wish List:

* Custom Paints jobs
* Pilots and crews for hire
* BBS side quests
* the 1.4 patch

Have ideas for a script? think it could be easier to be heard? click here > http://www.egosoft.com/x3/forum/viewtopic.php?t=120450

Red Squirrel
x3

Post by Red Squirrel » Tue, 6. Dec 05, 18:24

X3 on an Xbox 360.....interesting. They had better get that one right....8 times the potential damage....how bad could it get!

HadleysHope
x3

Post by HadleysHope » Tue, 6. Dec 05, 18:25

for us PSP owners I think they could do something.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”