Centuar and firestorm torpedo problem perhaps?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Domage
x3tc

Centuar and firestorm torpedo problem perhaps?

Post by Domage » Sun, 11. Dec 05, 15:21

is there a known problem with firing firestorms from m6s?

It's just half the time they blow up as soon as I launch them even when not under fire. >_>;

Plus I swear I've seen something about m6 missle problems around here...

RagX

Post by RagX » Sun, 11. Dec 05, 15:36

yeah, glitch it seems, better stay away from firestorms in M6's for now :P

AfroOfDoom
x3

Post by AfroOfDoom » Sun, 11. Dec 05, 17:17

Never had a problem firing Firestorms from my Centaur, but I do once recall exploding the starting buster by firing a missile of some description, just bad luck with exit trajectories and velocities i guess.
Being as this is a BHEPT, the most powerful laser in the galaxy, and would blow your cockpit clean off. You have to ask yourself one question; "Do I feel lucky?".

Well, do ya? Punk.

-XTM-
x3

Post by -XTM- » Sun, 11. Dec 05, 17:30

Could be a bug....would supprise noone anymore now would it :)

But keep in mind that the Centaur's missiletube is located on the rear-end of it's underhull and the firestorm is a incredibly slow missile (80 someting speed and it takes a good 10 seconds for it to reach even that) so when firing them with max speed the Centaur just crashes into them.

Try firing firestorms when your doing like 40 orso or better slower/full stop yet...see if that helps.
The Xtended Mod

Need Help?

Ask Questions / View the FAQ's at TheXUniverse Forums
Read the News on Mod Developments at our Website

The Great Stonk
x3tc

Post by The Great Stonk » Sun, 11. Dec 05, 19:59

theirsd also a bug where any missiles fired immediatly get destroyed if your turrets are firing. but it doesnt occur on all ships.

Kamenjar
x3tc

Post by Kamenjar » Sun, 11. Dec 05, 20:06

The Great Stonk wrote:theirsd also a bug where any missiles fired immediatly get destroyed if your turrets are firing. but it doesnt occur on all ships.
I THINK, I saw my rear turret shoot at my own missle once. It was set on missle defence. Try setting turrets to attack enemies and see if it's a bug?

szuur
x3

Post by szuur » Sun, 11. Dec 05, 20:16

the only bug i had so far with missiles and turrent is that my mass driver back turret tried to fire at a missile with was about 10km away...

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”