Earth in x3

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

buzz_aldrine

Earth in x3

Post by buzz_aldrine » Mon, 12. Dec 05, 02:14

I dodn't see any stories which could be related to earth. But earth is connected with all this story. Xenons were made by humans... So all this sectors couldn't be far away. Do you think that there will be more about earth in x3 or meybe in (x4???) ??? Besides that I think about Argons. They look like humans. I thought about "title" - reunion. Maybe Argons are related in some way to humans??

I don't know if I want to read the answer...

Diesel309
x3

Post by Diesel309 » Mon, 12. Dec 05, 02:15

Play the game and find out bud

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 12. Dec 05, 02:17

thats the whole point about the goners

they are argon who believe they are from earth originally
and have built a religion around it

most of the story of how it all become to be is in the argonpedia

buzz_aldrine

Post by buzz_aldrine » Mon, 12. Dec 05, 02:19

Diesel309 wrote:Play the game and find out bud
unfortunatelly now I'm on different computer and I don't have game here. So I thouth that I would ask some questions about X universe. Of course that I want to find out the answer after playing..Not earlier!

Besides that. As I remember there is an african tribe (Dogons) who belive that humans came here from Sirius..:) They have paintings of Sirius system (I don't remember where - I suppose that somewhere in caves) and they knew that this is double - star. They belive that some their ancestors were outcasts and just fled away from great war somethere in space :)

it's just off - topic but it's worth to remember in this game :)
Last edited by buzz_aldrine on Mon, 12. Dec 05, 02:31, edited 2 times in total.

General Dave
x4

Post by General Dave » Mon, 12. Dec 05, 02:20

Xenons were made by humans... So all this sectors couldn't be far away.
The Xenon were terraformers, who went out into the cosmos to seed planets, so they could have been very far away from earth...

Also jumpgates were used, with massive distances in between them.

If you want to read up on the excellent history to the X-universe try going to the Argonopaedia website.

click here http://argonopedia.ppcis.org/ :)
:)

blackfire83
x4

Post by blackfire83 » Mon, 12. Dec 05, 02:39

Spoiler
Show
I'm pretty sure the "Reunion" part refers to Julian meeting Kyle... But then, I guess it's not much of a "Reunion" if they never knew each other to begin with... Other than that, I don't see much of a 'reunion'...
-blackfire83[/spoiler]
Count the bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums...

X3:TC - Battlemaster, Master Industrialist

Diesel309
x3

Post by Diesel309 » Mon, 12. Dec 05, 02:43

Spoiler
Show
They have never actually met

buzz_aldrine

Post by buzz_aldrine » Mon, 12. Dec 05, 02:46

GENERAL DAVE wrote:
Xenons were made by humans... So all this sectors couldn't be far away.
The Xenon were terraformers, who went out into the cosmos to seed planets, so they could have been very far away from earth...

Also jumpgates were used, with massive distances in between them.

If you want to read up on the excellent history to the X-universe try going to the Argonopaedia website.

click here http://argonopedia.ppcis.org/ :)
Do the authors come from Japan?? ;)

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 12. Dec 05, 02:56

The Humans came from earth, Earth created the Xenon which were originally terraformers who through some sort of AI glitch became self aware and started a war against Earth. Earth on the verge of being defeated by the Xenon destroyed the only Gate that went to earth in a huge battle against the Xenon. The Argon were humans from Earth who lost contact with Earth due to the fact that the Earth gate was destroyed, this happened a long time ago in their history. The reason why there is so many Japanese elements is also talked about in the story, I don't remember the specifics but somehow it became the language of space or something heh, that part you will have to research. There is more to it then that, you will just have to read up on it.

Diesel309
x3

Post by Diesel309 » Mon, 12. Dec 05, 03:00

Great answer Blackrain :D

I couldn't be bothered to type that much which is why he got the "play the game and find out bit"

I know, i'm just Lazy :wink:

buzz_aldrine

Post by buzz_aldrine » Mon, 12. Dec 05, 03:13

BlackRain wrote:The Humans came from earth, Earth created the Xenon which were originally terraformers who through some sort of AI glitch became self aware and started a war against Earth. Earth on the verge of being defeated by the Xenon destroyed the only Gate that went to earth in a huge battle against the Xenon. The Argon were humans from Earth who lost contact with Earth due to the fact that the Earth gate was destroyed, this happened a long time ago in their history. The reason why there is so many Japanese elements is also talked about in the story, I don't remember the specifics but somehow it became the language of space or something heh, that part you will have to research. There is more to it then that, you will just have to read up on it.
yep, I just read argonopedia. I'm sure that they are japanese or their chief is crazy about Japan :)

Diesel309
x3

Post by Diesel309 » Mon, 12. Dec 05, 03:20

They are German Buzz but like you said maybe they just love Japan

jlfrank68
x3

Post by jlfrank68 » Mon, 12. Dec 05, 03:23

About the Japese thing....

Well looks like you've read the argonopedia.....

Soooo......

Seeing as its part of the X universe history and we're now on X3 (4th game), it's a bit late to change the back story.

laplace
x3

Post by laplace » Mon, 12. Dec 05, 05:16

buzz_aldrine wrote:
BlackRain wrote:The Humans came from earth, Earth created the Xenon which were originally terraformers who through some sort of AI glitch became self aware and started a war against Earth. Earth on the verge of being defeated by the Xenon destroyed the only Gate that went to earth in a huge battle against the Xenon. The Argon were humans from Earth who lost contact with Earth due to the fact that the Earth gate was destroyed, this happened a long time ago in their history. The reason why there is so many Japanese elements is also talked about in the story, I don't remember the specifics but somehow it became the language of space or something heh, that part you will have to research. There is more to it then that, you will just have to read up on it.
yep, I just read argonopedia. I'm sure that they are japanese or their chief is crazy about Japan :)

They are not japanese, they are just human. The japanese language had simply become like a second language back on earth. Much like english is like a second language for people today, or french or spanish even.
It also became the language of choice when it came to science.

Perhaps the devs liked the idea that someone other than the US became the dominant force on earth. Gods know that they will not be the force that unites us. No offence intended. It could be they also plain and simple love Japan. Or something to that effect.

kab
x3

Post by kab » Mon, 12. Dec 05, 05:29

laplace wrote:
buzz_aldrine wrote:
They are not japanese, they are just human. The japanese language had simply become like a second language back on earth. Much like english is like a second language for people today, or french or spanish even.
It also became the language of choice when it came to science.

Perhaps the devs liked the idea that someone other than the US became the dominant force on earth. Gods know that they will not be the force that unites us. No offence intended. It could be they also plain and simple love Japan. Or something to that effect.
I was under the distinct impression that they were talking about the developers being Japanese. Seeing as the story behind everyone speaking Japanese reads more or less "Japan rules, everyone else drools, therefore everyone speaks Japanese because it is the best!"

Targ
x3

Post by Targ » Mon, 12. Dec 05, 06:24

laplace wrote:It also became the language of choice when it came to science.
That part surprised me. I was under the impression that Japanese was not a terribly malleable language, which would not serve well when sciences produce new discoveries, which then require new words.

laplace
x3

Post by laplace » Mon, 12. Dec 05, 11:19

Same here. I would think it would be a ridiculously hard language to follow, when you need new words all the time.

Armstrong
x3

Post by Armstrong » Mon, 12. Dec 05, 11:21

laplace wrote:Same here. I would think it would be a ridiculously hard language to follow, when you need new words all the time.
Arn't most languages like that?

666Villain666
x3

Post by 666Villain666 » Mon, 12. Dec 05, 11:24

i think the world in the future all becomes japanese because in the here and now, japanese women are hot. or something geo-political like that.

laplace
x3

Post by laplace » Mon, 12. Dec 05, 11:52

Armstrong wrote:
laplace wrote:Same here. I would think it would be a ridiculously hard language to follow, when you need new words all the time.
Arn't most languages like that?
True ^^. What I meant was that with the latin alphabet you use existing letters to create new words. As opposed to japanese where you would need new characters. I think... Or is that chinese? :|

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”