Unpiloted Ships. POSSIBLE SPOILERS

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

The Rogue Trader
xr

Unpiloted Ships. POSSIBLE SPOILERS

Post by The Rogue Trader » Wed, 14. Dec 05, 08:04

hi, we all know about the 12 ships that can be found in various sectors don't we ?
Spoiler
Show
While flying around capping pirates and placing factorys I have found at least another 15 ships in various locations. They cannot be communicated with and they cannot be claimed using the Overide software interface. You might be tempted to attack them..... a word of advice, only do this if you want Khaak Destroyers showing up in a nearby sector. I know this happens for a fact because that is what happened in my game.
The first Khaak Destroyer showed up in Ore Belt after I capped an empty Argon Mercury in Cloud Base South West.
The second showed up in Scale Plate Green after I capped an empty Teladi Vulture in Two Grand.
The third has shown up in Blue Profit after I capped a Paranid Perseus in Company Pride. Although it showed up when I was on the opposite side of the universe (Interworlds).
All empty ships start appearing after you have found the twelve listed on PCCenters spreadsheets. They will have weapons, shields, Jump drive and transporter devices installed with a few energy cells.
Also when you attack the Destroyer 6-7 super clusters arrive as back up.
I have decided to leave the remaining ships in situ for a later time.... when I've got an M1/M2 and a fair chance of winning without having to hide up the destroyers rear end.
Have fun.
D.

KhymMahn

Post by KhymMahn » Wed, 14. Dec 05, 09:14

Actually, I don´t think you´re correct. I found one of these unpiloted ships in a Boron sector (a Perseus) even though I haven´t collected all the known unclaimed ships yet.
Anyway, the Perseus could not be claimed or even hailed, so I finally derstroyed it out of sheer spite. Cost me two % with the Paranids, but so far I haven´t seen any marauding Khaak M2 in the nearby sectors.

AjRyder
x3ap

Post by AjRyder » Wed, 14. Dec 05, 10:36

Looks like fun have you got a list of where these ships are I want to blow up there ARSE!!!!
Star Trek Phase II watch new episodes now at

http://www.startreknewvoyages.com

My computer is fast very very fast ;)

Follow me on Twitter @Formula1Dragon

The Rogue Trader
xr

Post by The Rogue Trader » Wed, 14. Dec 05, 10:46

Find them yourself. Its easy enough.

X-it
x3

Post by X-it » Wed, 14. Dec 05, 11:43

If this is correct it's very interesting. Should make for some real challenges in late stages of the game.

And I think the idle ships respawn in random places as you take out the initial 12 ones. Or maybe those are only the new claimable ships?

The Rogue Trader
xr

Post by The Rogue Trader » Wed, 14. Dec 05, 21:54

X-it wrote:If this is correct it's very interesting. Should make for some real challenges in late stages of the game.

And I think the idle ships respawn in random places as you take out the initial 12 ones. Or maybe those are only the new claimable ships?
Everytime I have capped an extra ship whether it be a freighter or fighter a Khaak Destroyer shows up within 2-3 sectors. I have stopped capping them now to avoid having Khaak Destroyers taking out sectors that some of my stations rely on.

D.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 14. Dec 05, 22:27

The Rogue Trader (AKA Cap wrote:Everytime I have capped an extra ship whether it be a freighter or fighter a Khaak Destroyer shows up within 2-3 sectors. I have stopped capping them now to avoid having Khaak Destroyers taking out sectors that some of my stations rely on.
People complained that the X2 M5 police force was not even a nuisance. You do almost innocent pirating, and they send KM2? Let me think ... KM2 sounds much more authoritative than a measly Teladi M5. Dirty Harry kind of cop. As with so many things in X3, the direction of the correction seems right, but the magnitude is slightly questionable :wink:
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”