!!! Missing Ship Models Version 4 !!! New Khaak-Pit Edition!!!

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Bubba Fat
x3

!!! Missing Ship Models Version 4 !!! New Khaak-Pit Edition!!!

Post by Bubba Fat » Fri, 16. Dec 05, 22:09

EDIT: Hey, don't use my mod with patch 1.3. It probably won't work right. I haven't even downloaded patch 1.3 yet. When I do, and see what I need to fix, I'll release a new compatible version.

I have two editions of my new mod. One has cockpits. One doesn't. You can download them both here.

http://x2source.com/forums/index.php?sh ... =0&p=38122&

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
Last edited by Bubba Fat on Fri, 23. Dec 05, 04:51, edited 2 times in total.

Spare-Flair
x3

Post by Spare-Flair » Sat, 17. Dec 05, 05:57

Do you have a list of all the ships changed somewhere? I can't find the thread where you had the images of all the ships.

My only concern is the Argon Transport being the old X2 model because it sticks out like a sore thumb, otherwise, all the new ships are fantastic.

-edit-

I am totally blind, Missing Ships 2 thread is right below. Nevermind. :) I look forward to V4!!! :) Thanks for your work.

DrunkenPirate
x3ap

Post by DrunkenPirate » Sat, 17. Dec 05, 06:01

I'm sorry but why do you need 3 threads for this?
Surely you can edit the titles of threads you create.

AalaarDB
x3tc

Post by AalaarDB » Sat, 17. Dec 05, 06:31

You'll get more hits if those 4 threads were combined into 1 big one too. People see bigger and think better.

Bubba Fat
x3

Post by Bubba Fat » Sat, 17. Dec 05, 10:47

I don't know, man. I'm new at this.

Stevio
x3tc

Post by Stevio » Sat, 17. Dec 05, 11:12

which is the khaak pic

and can you do a pic with all the missing ship models on one screen or just all in one thread

like a missing ship collection

oh and have you done The Raijins yet

Bubba Fat
x3

Post by Bubba Fat » Sat, 17. Dec 05, 22:46

It's Khaak-Pit, not Khaak pic. It's a play on words. The one version has the old X2 cockpits. Cockpits.... Khaak-Pits.... Get it? I've got all the pics in those pics I posted above, unless I forgot one. And what's wrong with the Raijins?

Myros
x3

Post by Myros » Sat, 17. Dec 05, 23:53

Thanks for adding the pits .. now I can enjoy your mod :)

Quick note about the Nova Raider ... Ive been using one that I capped from the pirates early in the game and the front end sticks out in front of the cockpit view by a couple meters. This isnt a problem with your mod really as the same thing was visible in the previous mod I was using too. Other varients seem fine just that nova raider has it.

It doesnt affect anything really as it sticks out low in the view but figured Id pass it on anyway.

Thanks for the mod :)
Myros

Bubba Fat
x3

Post by Bubba Fat » Sun, 18. Dec 05, 06:23

Yeah, I know. I thought it was more realistic if I left it the way it was, since the cockpit is actually behind the nose of the ship instead of in front of it like the X2 Argon Nova.

X-it
x3

Post by X-it » Sun, 18. Dec 05, 11:34

What does this mod do, exactly? Replace the skins of existing ships and bring new ships into the game?

Bubba Fat
x3

Post by Bubba Fat » Sun, 18. Dec 05, 12:21

No, it replaces the models. For some reason, Egosoft made a different model variation for each fighter class ship, but did not include them all in the game's release. These models were still in the game files, so I just added them back into the game. Just look at the pictures I posted. If you don't have my patch yet, your Argon Discoverers will have the same model as the Argon Busters. If you've seen the Starburst raceship, that's one of the real Argon Discoverer models. Here's a list of the correct models I added back into the game.

Argon Nova Raider

Argon Nova Sentinel

Argon Nova Vanguard

Pirate Argon Nova Raider

Argon Discoverer

Argon Discoverer Raider

Argon Discoverer Hauler

Argon Discoverer Vanguard

Boron Barracuda Raider

Boron Barracuda Vanguard

Boron Barracuda Sentinel

Boron Mako Raider

Boron Mako Vanguard

Boron Mako Sentinel

Paranid Perseus Vanguard

Yaki Susanowa Hauler

Teladi Osprey

You'll also notice, if you don't have my mod, that the Teladi Osprey uses the model for the Boron Hydra. There are many mistakes in this game, my mod just fixes some of them.

X-it
x3

Post by X-it » Sun, 18. Dec 05, 13:05

Sounds good, thanks!

By the way, is it so that we can only have one mod enabled at a time in X3? So I have to choose the one I'd prefer? I'm considering the BBS-fix mod (getting rid of 'blanks') and the 'NoCivilians' mods as well - the latter probably winning if I have to choose.

Red Spot
x3

Post by Red Spot » Sun, 18. Dec 05, 13:09

X-it wrote:Sounds good, thanks!

By the way, is it so that we can only have one mod enabled at a time in X3? So I have to choose the one I'd prefer? I'm considering the BBS-fix mod (getting rid of 'blanks') and the 'NoCivilians' mods as well - the latter probably winning if I have to choose.

if these mods dont change the same files they can be used together ..

for instance if a mod changes the Tships file .. and an other does NOT .. they can be used together .. if it does .. they cant be used together ..

G

X-it
x3

Post by X-it » Sun, 18. Dec 05, 13:41

Thanks, I'll put them all in then. Yay! :D

-XTM-
x3

Post by -XTM- » Sun, 18. Dec 05, 14:19

A realy amazing piece of work, I love it, almost like a new game experience alltogether.

The Osprey model is awesome (too bad it's incredibly slow and very expensive), with ease my favorite looking m6 in one go.

The Nova raider is jummy and the list goes on and on.

Have to get used to your choice of cockpits though, but from what I've seen yet they make reasonable sense.

Many thanks for this masterpiece one again!
The Xtended Mod

Need Help?

Ask Questions / View the FAQ's at TheXUniverse Forums
Read the News on Mod Developments at our Website

Stevio
x3tc

Post by Stevio » Sun, 18. Dec 05, 14:41

Bubba Fat wrote: Teladi Osprey

You'll also notice, if you don't have my mod, that the Teladi Osprey uses the model for the Boron Hydra. There are many mistakes in this game, my mod just fixes some of them.
oooohh i thought it was the other way round, i like the old Hydra from X2

oh and will this effect my Gameplay, saves, will i have to start again?

P.S sorry about the pics ---> 'pits mixup thought you made a typo

cheers

stevio

Bubba Fat
x3

Post by Bubba Fat » Sun, 18. Dec 05, 14:43

The thing with the Teladi Osprey is that it has a lot of the Boron Hydra specs in the tships.pck. Those might not be the correct specs, but that's the only reference I have. I could change it and add all new specs, and I will if Egosoft doesn't fix it in patch 1.3, but I don't like changing things in the game too much. That's why my mod just fixes the ship models, instead of changing their stats or whatever. If worst comes to worst, I'll probably start a poll to find out what the majority wants to see in the Teladi Osprey.

-XTM-
x3

Post by -XTM- » Sun, 18. Dec 05, 14:51

I can bet you good money that speed will be high on the list.
All Teladi ships are tempered by this and the game justifies it with the extra shielding they got, forgetting that's ok from a AI/OOS pov but from a humanplayer angle it's rubbish.
That extra 125mj isn't going to last long if it handles like a brick.

A good compensation imo would be to have it blistering with turrets, slow but agile and with a bigger then average lasergen.
Same for most Falcon's, their models have the rearturret in place yet they don't have them enabled but one.
Such a shame, would have made the Falcon at least move up a bit from the pussy-list, now it's with ease the best cappable and most useless m3 in the universe.

But I guess it's(The Osprey) just a Hauler now, very good cargospace and at least it got looks:), should also perform quite well in OOS duty I guess...if it can catch up with what it tries to go up against that is.
Last edited by -XTM- on Sun, 18. Dec 05, 14:53, edited 1 time in total.
The Xtended Mod

Need Help?

Ask Questions / View the FAQ's at TheXUniverse Forums
Read the News on Mod Developments at our Website

Stevio
x3tc

Post by Stevio » Sun, 18. Dec 05, 14:51

Bubba Fat wrote:The thing with the Teladi Osprey is that it has a lot of the Boron Hydra specs in the tships.pck. Those might not be the correct specs, but that's the only reference I have. I could change it and add all new specs, and I will if Egosoft doesn't fix it in patch 1.3, but I don't like changing things in the game too much. That's why my mod just fixes the ship models, instead of changing their stats or whatever. If worst comes to worst, I'll probably start a poll to find out what the majority wants to see in the Teladi Osprey.
make it into the holy grale of ships, the legendary M0 that we have all been waiting for.

SPECS:

-10x10GJ sheilds
-6 turrets [up,dwn,lft,rit,frnt,bck] 5 lasers in each, compatible with all lasers
-massive power core
-massive cargo bay
-massive dock for ships

anyway you get the point :lol:

Bubba Fat
x3

Post by Bubba Fat » Mon, 19. Dec 05, 03:37

Well since the game already has four different Teladi Osprey variants, I don't think it would be difficult to make four versions that would suit most everyone. But let's wait and see if Egosoft fixes it first. They said patch 1.3 should be out before Christmas.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”