Only Boron EQs will buy my Ion Disruptors

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Scoob
x4

Only Boron EQs will buy my Ion Disruptors

Post by Scoob » Sun, 18. Dec 05, 04:28

Hi,

I've got a Trading Station with a Discoverer Hauler buying Ion Disruptors, and another one selling them. Thing is, while the surrounding Argon Equipment docks are all out of Ion Disruptors my ships will ONLY sell to the more distant Boron EQs & now they're full none of my Ion Distruptors are being sold to the EMPTY Argon EQ Docks.

This sounds very much like the "Can't sell missile X to race Y" reported by other users - can anyone confirm this one?

Scoob.

Toowizard
x3

Post by Toowizard » Sun, 18. Dec 05, 06:02

It's been talked about before.

Essentially, if you're personally selling them, the eq dock will take them, but it's not part of the station's normal stock, and your AI traders won't consider it a buyer.

Not sure if egosoft considers it a bug or not, haven't really gotten feedback on this one.
Cargo bay open, sheilds are down
Your cargo bay now contains... Slaves.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 18. Dec 05, 15:05

Ion Disruptors are part of the normal stock on most (all but one) of the Argon Equipment Docks in the sectors surrounding Argon Prime. This is not linked to the "manual-sell & they appear but you can't auto-sell" problem, as Ion Distruptors are natively in Argon most Equipment docks - well they certainly appear to be in my game, though I guess a UT could maybe have sold there? Does that happen? Or maybe me a long time back & I've just forgotten...wouldn't put it past me.

Also a little surprised this post was moved as I'd class it to be a slight bug rather than a gameplay feature that I'm just not understanding quite right. Also others have reported similar issues.

Hopefully little glitches like this will all disappear come 1.3 :-)

Scoob.

Toowizard
x3

Post by Toowizard » Sun, 18. Dec 05, 17:53

I think since IonD forges are only sold by the Boron and the Split, only their Eq Docks will buy them from AI entities.
Cargo bay open, sheilds are down
Your cargo bay now contains... Slaves.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Thu, 22. Dec 05, 01:29

Hello again,

I'm now having the same problem selling Silkworm Missiles in the main Argon Sectors.

I did a test sell using my Trading Station in Home Of Light, manually stocked it with Silkworms & asked it to sell for best price & off it went & sold a full load (54) at the Argon Equipment dock in Antingone Memorial. Great I thought, looks like selling those works fine in Argon space. WRONG! It will only sell to that particular EQ Dock, NONE of the others (in Argon Prime, Red Light, Cloudbase SE and Three Worlds).

*Edit* Using the command "Sell Ware..." & selecting an Equipment Dock then Silikworm appears to work OK. Guess a little micro-management is in order.

Think this confirms there's a bit of a glitch regards selling to EQ docks.

Scoob.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”