X3 - TPs - BUG????

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Lidza
x3

X3 - TPs - BUG????

Post by Lidza » Mon, 19. Dec 05, 00:15

Hi,

I've accepted 3 tour missions. All of them failed once I've accepted them.

In two of them, the passangers were automatically ejected into space.

I don't know what is going on here...

I got an Argon Express, with almost all upgrades done, including extra modules such as Cargo LifeSupport System etc.

Please could someone give some help/tip. Thanks
Last edited by Lidza on Mon, 19. Dec 05, 01:15, edited 2 times in total.

alphalvr
x3ap

Post by alphalvr » Mon, 19. Dec 05, 00:17

nor me lol

cargo lifesupport on a tp class??? why do that :o

Lidza
x3

Post by Lidza » Mon, 19. Dec 05, 00:21

alphalvr wrote:nor me lol

cargo lifesupport on a tp class??? why do that :o
Because I cannot understand why those missions are failing and I though that was due to lack of it.

But no... even with that module in the TP, the last 2 missions failed, passagers ejected into space and the last one, I quote:

"What! You can't leave us here! This is illegal! This isnt the last you'll hear of this, I will report you to the Authorities and you'll never work in the tour industry again..."

Well, that appeared once the tour BBS mission was accepted and even before leaving the station... So also shows that Cargo Lifesupport isn't necessary after all...

Well I can't find a reason why those BBS missions are failing :(

Any ideas/tips?

grbaker
x4

Post by grbaker » Mon, 19. Dec 05, 01:12

I have had the same stuff happen. I finnaly get a TP large enough (Mantra) and it tells my I have not enought room free. Then when I do get one the passengers get ejected into space...

think I'll pass on those stupid BBS missions... back to aimless drestruction of the poor Xenon race...

Lidza
x3

Post by Lidza » Mon, 19. Dec 05, 01:14

:(

So it seems to be another bug... probably with BBS or with TPs

:(

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 19. Dec 05, 01:48

same thing used to happen in X2
cant remember what the cause was thou

shodan1138
x3

Post by shodan1138 » Mon, 19. Dec 05, 01:49

This happened to me recently too; I posted about it on the Tech Support forum.

Here's the problem: "Passengers" are an L-sized ware. Your Argon Express (and most other entry-level TP ships) can only accept S-sized cargo. It's impossible to load the passengers into the ship, even if you have enough actual cargo capacity, so you fail the mission.

The basic Paranid Hermes has an L-sized cargo bay, but it's not very speedy. I understand there is also an "Argon Express Hauler" out there somewhere, with the proper-sized cargo bay, but I haven't run into one yet. Perhaps every race has its own "Hauler" style TP ship with an L-sized cargo bay - but by default, none of the "basic" TP ships (aside from the Paranid Hermes) will work for Tour missions.

Ryuujin
x3

Post by Ryuujin » Mon, 19. Dec 05, 02:16

Shodan: Well spotted!

I'd been puzzling this bug too, I thought it was only a couple of people because so few people mention it. Frankly FINDING tour missions in X3 is so much hassle it's not worth it, in fact BBS missions are almost a total waste of effort because you find so few, and the ones you take are unreasonably hard (ie. "take these people to a place 3 sectors away, in 6 minutes" - in X2 it'd ahve been possible but with the lower speeds and wider areas of X3, you can forget it.)

Wolfehunter
x3tc

Post by Wolfehunter » Mon, 19. Dec 05, 02:21

:lol: So they got ejected hay! hahahaa ok I'm finished. :D

Lidza
x3

Post by Lidza » Mon, 19. Dec 05, 02:37

shodan1138 wrote:This happened to me recently too; I posted about it on the Tech Support forum.

Here's the problem: "Passengers" are an L-sized ware. Your Argon Express (and most other entry-level TP ships) can only accept S-sized cargo. It's impossible to load the passengers into the ship, even if you have enough actual cargo capacity, so you fail the mission.

The basic Paranid Hermes has an L-sized cargo bay, but it's not very speedy. I understand there is also an "Argon Express Hauler" out there somewhere, with the proper-sized cargo bay, but I haven't run into one yet. Perhaps every race has its own "Hauler" style TP ship with an L-sized cargo bay - but by default, none of the "basic" TP ships (aside from the Paranid Hermes) will work for Tour missions.
I'm using an Argon Express L and I have all the above problems :(

I'm going to get a Paranid TP to see if this is solved

shodan1138
x3

Post by shodan1138 » Mon, 19. Dec 05, 02:42

Ryuujin wrote:Shodan: Well spotted!
*Thank* you. My Tech Support thread pretty much died and fell off the frontpage after I figured that out and posted my findings. :)
I'd been puzzling this bug too, I thought it was only a couple of people because so few people mention it. Frankly FINDING tour missions in X3 is so much hassle it's not worth it, in fact BBS missions are almost a total waste of effort because you find so few, and the ones you take are unreasonably hard (ie. "take these people to a place 3 sectors away, in 6 minutes" - in X2 it'd ahve been possible but with the lower speeds and wider areas of X3, you can forget it.)
Yeah, seems as if the timelimits were left unchanged from the X2 missions, even though sector-size is greatly increased, and ships are slower. I can only manage two, maybe three sectors in a Tour Mission. Of course, it's not as if my Hermes is particularly fast in the first place, but it's the only one I could afford that could actually /do/ the missions.

Someone... Oh, geez, what's his name, starts with a "C", I'm spacin' on it.... Anyway, the guy who wrote the various "Assassin Guild", "Bountyhunter Guild", "Smuggler Guild" scripts, has also wrote a "BBS Overtune" script. I've got an M5 that can zip around at close to 730m/sec now, which makes the M5-Taxi missions feasable - I can complete all but the final "take me home" hop, which is just like playing X2 with the Paranid Pegasus. I've still yet to get my TP ship's speed overhauled, though, but I'm certainly planning to.

finduilas2005
x3

Post by finduilas2005 » Mon, 19. Dec 05, 02:53

shodan1138 wrote:This happened to me recently too; I posted about it on the Tech Support forum.

How did something this simple slip through beta testing?

buxtonm
x3tc

Post by buxtonm » Mon, 19. Dec 05, 03:01

Toucan Hauler works, gets a decent 137 m/s too. I dunno where you can buy one, I found it via a spoiler thread.

shodan1138
x3

Post by shodan1138 » Mon, 19. Dec 05, 03:17

buxtonm wrote:Toucan Hauler works, gets a decent 137 m/s too. I dunno where you can buy one, I found it via a spoiler thread.
It's bound to be somewhere. But the "Hauler" variety of TP ships tend to be /far/ more expensive than the standard-issue type. I haven't really done much research, but I'd /guess/ they cost over a million credits. ... Don't they?

(I mean, I don't know for certain.)

Lidza
x3

Post by Lidza » Mon, 19. Dec 05, 03:36

shodan1138 wrote:
buxtonm wrote:Toucan Hauler works, gets a decent 137 m/s too. I dunno where you can buy one, I found it via a spoiler thread.
It's bound to be somewhere. But the "Hauler" variety of TP ships tend to be /far/ more expensive than the standard-issue type. I haven't really done much research, but I'd /guess/ they cost over a million credits. ... Don't they?

(I mean, I don't know for certain.)
Even that is cheap :)

The difficulty is to find them :(

I only found Toucan S, M and L (not "Hauler")

shodan1138
x3

Post by shodan1138 » Mon, 19. Dec 05, 05:23

Lidza wrote: Even that is cheap :)

It's "cheap", when you've got that much money.

When you've only got 500k, and thus, can only afford the S-sized-cargo TP ships (seriously, what's the /point/ of those?), it's not quite so cheap. :)

Foolishly buying my original Argon Express pretty much cleaned me out; it was pretty frustrating to not actually be able to run any TP-class missions with the stupid thing. :)

I *did* eventually recover, and trade it in for a Hermes. But still, ya know? :)

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Mon, 19. Dec 05, 07:52

you can find most tp variants by pirating them ;)

gatemonkey

Post by gatemonkey » Mon, 19. Dec 05, 08:34

Lidza wrote:I only found Toucan S, M and L (not "Hauler")
uh, I'm not sure if you're saying this or not - but just in case:
I think the S, M and L is not the size of cargo that can be carried, but just refers to the amout of extra weapons/shields/upgrades that are included with the ship when you buy it (if these were cars, the L model would be the one with the free sunroof and aircon)

I haven't checked to see if it's cheaper to buy an S and outfit it at an equipment dock or just buy an L, but presumably it works out to be the same price or less.

Hauler/Tanker/Super-Freighter/whatever variants have differing cargo sizes to the base model of that ship, at least for TPs - for example, the Argon Express can only carry S-sized cargo, whereas the Express Hauler can carry Ls.

Of the TP class ships, only the Paranid Hermes and Goner Ranger non-Haulers can carry L-size cargo. Otherwise, you need an Express Hauler, Manta Hauler, Iguana Vanguard, or Toucan Hauler.

Other ships that can carry L cargo are: all Argon and Pirate Nova variants, all Falcons *except* a Pirate Falcon Vanguard, Split Mambas, Xenon Ls, all Susanowas, all TS and TL transports, and all M1s and M2s.

Lidza
x3

Post by Lidza » Mon, 19. Dec 05, 11:21

shodan1138 wrote:
Lidza wrote: Even that is cheap :)

It's "cheap", when you've got that much money.

When you've only got 500k, and thus, can only afford the S-sized-cargo TP ships (seriously, what's the /point/ of those?), it's not quite so cheap. :)

Foolishly buying my original Argon Express pretty much cleaned me out; it was pretty frustrating to not actually be able to run any TP-class missions with the stupid thing. :)

I *did* eventually recover, and trade it in for a Hermes. But still, ya know? :)
That would be just a temporary thing :) on X3 getting money is really a fast process in comparison to previous X game versions ;)

as tip (if you wish) check my post with spoilers in the middle of the following link :P

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=100980

Mercenary
x3tc

Post by Mercenary » Mon, 19. Dec 05, 12:02

I've complained about this as well. I have a Teladi TP (name escapes me for the moment) and I get the same message on every race station I've tried to accept the mission from.

I have no idea if it's being fixed in the 1.3 patch.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”