Mass Driver bug confirmed

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

starbuck69

Mass Driver bug confirmed

Post by starbuck69 » Mon, 19. Dec 05, 03:06

A few of my save games have gotten alittle mass driver bug in them, let me explain...

This has happend to me two times now so ive prety much confirmed its real.

The first time I was in a XI mission prety far into it too, when whilst I had a Xenon target "targeted" I decided to make a quick save...then after making some bad moves i reloaded,after doing this my mass driver bullets decided they would go straight through their targets as though I was shooting ghosts, they also took no damage at all. So I reloaded this particular time, but no luck the game was still currupted with the mass driver bug, so I saved it relaoded then saved it and relaoded again, and bam the bug was gone...for now.

So a few days later im doing a XI mission (go figure! nothing else to do!) so im near the end of it all again I got a damn Xenon targeted and I decide to save it, ops !! big mistake now when i load the save the bugs back and even saving it reloaded it saving it relaoding saving it as a new save reloaded the new save etc wont work at all, now the bugs back with attitude, only way I got around this one was to revert to an older save game file.

People save like theres no tomorow you never know when save game curruption will happen. Also a few of my saves wouldnt load after saving the game, just crashed to desktop every time I load them, but thats a different bug all togethor, and a different story.

RagX

Post by RagX » Mon, 19. Dec 05, 04:36

sounds like your PC is lagging and so isnt registering the md shots coming into the target and so render them (visually and in calculations) that they just passed through and the game is none the wizer.

Or its something for 1.3 hopefully :P

Noggin01
x3

Post by Noggin01 » Mon, 19. Dec 05, 05:13

I've found that if I dock, undock, then do a manual dock that docks instantly that my save game will case a CTD if I try to load it. Then when I get back into the game and load an older file its so laggy that I have to reboot the pc to clear it up

bonesbro
x3

Post by bonesbro » Mon, 19. Dec 05, 06:15

This also happens with FAAs - when you load a game while flying in space, they will not hit ships until you dock or jump. 100% repro.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”