Slave Trade!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Azordian

Slave Trade!

Post by Azordian » Mon, 19. Dec 05, 22:56

I'm no friend to the Paranid. I confess, in my progression towards the ultimate riches I have taken a few of their vessles. And now we are enemies in full.

I've just captured a Paranid Hermes with 145 remaining green critters on boards. The question I have is, in the cruel sense - how can it be possible to convert them into slaves? You can't eject them and pick them up in space suits like pilots. And they don't automatically convert when you dock at a pirate station.

There are 0/200 slave spaces at every pirate station, and that cannot be possible with ejecting pilots. There simply aren't that many. :)

Azordian

Post by Azordian » Mon, 19. Dec 05, 23:34

*bump*

Shokai
xr

Post by Shokai » Mon, 19. Dec 05, 23:36

My understanding is that there is soemthing you can do during those BBS tour missions. Like eject the passengers or something and then sell them as slaves.
I miss Yaguchi Mari

Azordian

Post by Azordian » Mon, 19. Dec 05, 23:38

That would be my understanding as well, because there are BBS threats to not attempt at Slave Trade (Just like smuggling), and fines are posted of some 50.000 credits - the point is, this does not have to be only BBS allowed, as Passagers are taken in those ship captures. :)

The point is, how do I convert them into slaves! When you eject them, they don't... eject as cargo, they don't eject at all, they disappear.

mikesl

Post by mikesl » Tue, 20. Dec 05, 02:59

you have to load some handweapons to your ship and don't forget life support system

Azordian

Post by Azordian » Tue, 20. Dec 05, 03:59

Come again?

Is there no real answers to this question? Come on people, I see the dumbest questions get real answers.

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Tue, 20. Dec 05, 04:35

All i used to do is pick up passengers like in tour of a life time mission where you got like 100 or whatever, pop over to the pirate base and flog em using slaves trade option. There regarded as slaves/passengers so no need to convert. Made quiet a bit of money this way in x2, hope its same as x3. ;)

Elim Garak
x3

Post by Elim Garak » Tue, 20. Dec 05, 04:35

In X2, I sold passengers from Tour of Lifetime mission by docking at a pirate base, by doing on trade menu, scroll down to slaves and I think you can see numbers of passengers you have stored in your cargo, and sell them as slaves. It hurted my repuation with a race when I did that. I haven't tried capped a NPC TP liner with passengers to sell them as slaves. If you are talking about X3, it is possible to have it done in similar way, but I haven't experienced X3 this much since I am still waiting for 1.3 patch.

Azordian

Post by Azordian » Tue, 20. Dec 05, 04:42

Well, as I've written, I've capped a Paranid Hermes carrying initially 210 VIPs - not Passangers, but Very Important Personnel or something.

And when scrolling down to the Slaves Option, it doesn't register them as slaves. This is an oversight! At least in my opinion - this would be a very dishonorable, and profitable wartime resource. :)

Dark_Knight
x3tc

Post by Dark_Knight » Tue, 20. Dec 05, 04:47

Are you in the ship?
[ external image ]Lets agree to disagree!

Azordian

Post by Azordian » Tue, 20. Dec 05, 04:50

I tried both:

I docked the Hermes at the Pirate station, tried to Trade while still in my Scorpion - docked, switched to the Hermes and tried, still red - bought a special ware mk1 and that gave nothing in options terms - so anything else?

Can you eject them?? Someone found a container with Demonstrators in one of the thread??

Farseer Ulwithy

Post by Farseer Ulwithy » Tue, 20. Dec 05, 07:07

Do you have a life support system? I know thats a prereq to picking up hitchikers youve stranded with a few stray laser blasts. If you eject them, do they look like cargo or spacesuits? Try maybe dumping them into space and then collecting them again.

Happy slaving.

Azordian

Post by Azordian » Tue, 20. Dec 05, 07:41

Again - as I've already posted, tried to eject them but they disappear. Both the ships have Life Support (Hermes had to, mandatory for the passagers).

Apperantly, unless you accept a BBS mission and sell them into slavery on the record, you cannot do it - like a script. Terrible. I am expecting this issue to be looked into and corrected for the more fun. :)

Elim Garak
x3

Post by Elim Garak » Tue, 20. Dec 05, 08:45

You said VIP (Very Important Passengers), its probably not convertable to slaves like passengers. VIP and passengers are different ware names, only passengers is desgined for convertable to slaves, I believe. You could edit Anarchy Port buying wares using the editor, and add VIP, spacefly eggs, and other N type wares if you need to sell BBS mission's wares.

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Tue, 20. Dec 05, 10:10

Hmm and have you tryed doing a frieght exchange of them VIP's to another ship with a cargo bay lifesupport system and they dont change to just passengers that way?

If you cant just do the mission and then next time dont accept VIP's just do normal passenger missions like TOALT ones.

Maybe if the mission time runs out maybe they convert themselves to passenger instead of VIP's? Since they probably get fired for turning up late :P :lol:

Oh and as someone said you can just capture TP ships with passengers on and you should still have passengers when capped so you can sell them as slaves. Probably why slaves option came about hehe ;)

texyuk
x3tc

Post by texyuk » Tue, 20. Dec 05, 11:31

Are you able to eject them at all? If so, what do they register when you scan it?

Texy

Azordian

Post by Azordian » Tue, 20. Dec 05, 14:49

Guys, you are not reading the whole thread before posting. I'm re-addressing issues.

Alright, summation:

The Paranid Hermes I captured with 145 VIPs on-board is not:
Selling them into slavery at a pirate base
They cannot be transfered to my Life-Support Scorpion
They cannot be ejected into space, they disappear
I cannot sell them even in control of my the hermes first hand
All I can do with them is empty the space

What I'll attempt at is capturing another Paranid passager lines with Passegers instead of Very Important Passagers on board and see if I can sell it.

Outcome?

I'm very disappointed at this over-sight. Have it fixed please! :wink:

texyuk
x3tc

Post by texyuk » Tue, 20. Dec 05, 18:20

Azordian wrote:Guys, you are not reading the whole thread before posting. I'm re-addressing issues.
quote]

...consider my a$$ slapped!

Texy

Hazara
x3

Post by Hazara » Thu, 2. Mar 06, 10:10

[BUMP]

Well, I've just done the same... Capped Hermes with 150 "VIP's" as cargo.

(rubs hands as Haz sends them off to a local pirate base for a horrid life of 3 eyed slavery)

HOWEVER.... Same probs. Can't sell the buggers.

Heh Hee, I just love hating the paranid. Just pissed GOD keeps replacing mines that I destroy.
Conroe 6400 2.13 @ 2.85, 2 x 512 6400 Dual Channel @ 812Mhz (1624 fsb)
x1950 Pro, Raptor RAID0 array for booting
700Gb storage, 560W Highpower, Logitech Extreme 3d Pro
Now I'm Laughing...Maniacally.

DAMN IT, I PUSHED YOU OUT THAT AIRLOCK 30 YEARS AGO.. WHY ARE YOU HAUNTING ME SUZIE!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”