Paranid M6 WOW

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

BOBER
x3

Paranid M6 WOW

Post by BOBER » Wed, 21. Dec 05, 22:10

This ship is the best M6 I've used IMO. Its has everything I need. Shields, Weapons, Speed and manoeuvrability, at an average price. It may not be best OOS, but for personal use its great. Also it no longer has the problem of not having enough space for energy cells. Dragon was my preferred M6 in X2. Now its the Nemesis in X3.

What’s your thoughts about this ship?

Tyranis
x3

Post by Tyranis » Wed, 21. Dec 05, 22:16

Dunno, dont have one if you claim its this good might buy one just to test it so if i'd ever order new ones i know witch ones to take :) You sure its the best one here?

Sergius64
x3

Post by Sergius64 » Wed, 21. Dec 05, 22:24

Hmm... I keep hearing that Centaur is the best since it has so many turrets and you need those because M6's turn too slow and enemy M3's still eat your shields fast with AHEPTs because you're not dodging.

Where does Nemesis have its turret?

Expletive-Deleted!
x3

Post by Expletive-Deleted! » Wed, 21. Dec 05, 22:32

How fast is the Nemesis also? I binned my centaur as it was too slow.
Mind you my Nova raiders running at 273kph since i installed Cycrows overtune script lol.

BOBER
x3

Post by BOBER » Wed, 21. Dec 05, 22:36

Well I have not tried the Argon or Tiladi M6, except on tutorial mission. I don’t really want those two anyway too slow, and not as manoeuvrable. But I guess the PSG's help with its fighting prowess of the Nemesis a bit.

With a Alpha PSG on the top back I believe. Is able to destroy any missiles and occupies those behind me. It is second in manoeuvrability only to the P. It is a rather good ship.

Speed 115 point something faster than the Argon M6.

Expletive-Deleted!
x3

Post by Expletive-Deleted! » Wed, 21. Dec 05, 22:42

I shall have to take one out for a test drive :-D

Lidza
x3

Re: Paranid M6 WOW

Post by Lidza » Wed, 21. Dec 05, 23:03

BOBER wrote:This ship is the best M6 I've used IMO. Its has everything I need. Shields, Weapons, Speed and manoeuvrability, at an average price. It may not be best OOS, but for personal use its great. Also it no longer has the problem of not having enough space for energy cells. Dragon was my preferred M6 in X2. Now its the Nemesis in X3.

What’s your thoughts about this ship?
It has one small "big" problem :)

no turrets at its rear

The turrets positions of this ship are similar to Teladi, Boron, Split :)

I think "all races (with exception for Argon), have copied the same prototype... or developers were lazy" ;)

Few opinions to add...

Speed - isn't enough (even for Dragon)
manoeuvrability - doesn't matter... turrets (exception frontal) deal with targets
Shields - go fast independant of how many a ship can hold... tactics of engagement/counter measures is what makes any M6 survive.
Turrets - well a M6 without the "back turret" is a sitting duck for missiles and enemies wings

For above reasons I stick with Centaurs :P

I've played with all M6 and Centaur seem to me the right choice.

I mean that I wouldn't mind to pickup for example a Dragon to dive in a slow target... but while other M6 are "function especific"... Centaur seem to me the only one prepared to operate in all situations.

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Wed, 21. Dec 05, 23:08

Well I am using that M6 Script (which I found over on the scripting forum), and I must say that the Paranid M6 in X3 is what the Osprey is like in X2 :) :) :)
Link to the list of Mods working in X4-Foundations and also Link to the list of Mods working in X-Rebirth

NOTE: I play with a modded game, so any reports I make outlining suggestions/problems/bugs/annoyances, are made with mods installed and running.

Void
x3tc

Post by Void » Wed, 21. Dec 05, 23:10

Another reason to avoid this M6 is its width. If you dock to a station with a largish ship like a freighter in an adjacent bay you will merge into it. When you try and undock because the models are mixed you blow up from collision damage.

Yet another bug I guess....

Lidza
x3

Post by Lidza » Wed, 21. Dec 05, 23:13

Void wrote:Another reason to avoid this M6 is its width. If you dock to a station with a largish ship like a freighter in an adjacent bay you will merge into it. When you try and undock because the models are mixed you blow up from collision damage.

Yet another bug I guess....
That happens even with smaller ships :)

Sovereign77x
x2

Post by Sovereign77x » Thu, 22. Dec 05, 03:38

I"m also a big fan of the Centuar -- got mine decked out with 5 Mass Drivers (3 on turrets, 2 in front), 2 Ion Disruptors, and 2 Beta PAC's and HEPT's. It eats thru most M3's very quickly, and because of the Ion Disruptors it's very good at capping.

I also like the Nemesis -- firing two Beta PSG's does a lot of damage to enemy fighters and requires almost no aim. Best of all, it has great laser energy regen so you can fire the PSG's continuously for an extended period of time. Unfortunately, it's strength is also it's weakness in that PSG's will often hit friendly ships and injure your race relations. For that reason alone I prefer the Centaur which is far more surgical.

The above configuration also demolishes Kha'ak Clusters.

FileCop

Post by FileCop » Thu, 22. Dec 05, 11:33

A bit not related to this, but you mention back turret killing ships and missiles. How?

I have mine at missile defense, but it doesn't attack enemies then I think. What do I need to set it at to make it attack enemies AND missiles?

Targ
x3

Post by Targ » Thu, 22. Dec 05, 11:54

Missile defense acts like protect ship in that it will fire at hostiles which are actively engaging you. The difference is that missile defense will switch targets to any missiles that enter range while protect ship will stay on target.

MaKaVeLi2

Post by MaKaVeLi2 » Thu, 22. Dec 05, 12:16

which laser is good agains missiles, of course except the shockwave

seraph1936
x3tc

Post by seraph1936 » Thu, 22. Dec 05, 14:42

Best Lasers for missle defense are the low engery fast shooting weapons. IRE's mass drivers etc.

Dr.Sid
x3

Post by Dr.Sid » Thu, 22. Dec 05, 14:47

There is also Nemesis Raider in the game, which can make 180 mps! But it seems to be imposible to get. I've only seen it in the plot game. It can't be bought anywhere and it seems you can't cap it (as all m6).

mattjenko
x3

Post by mattjenko » Thu, 22. Dec 05, 18:15

I like it too. It seems more fun to cruise around in compared to the centaur, although I think the centaur is better alround. I like the wide firing positions and PSGs are entertaining, although I miss MDs. I went on a wrecking spree through boron space with a wingman Nemesis as well and enjoyed it immensely :P .

Edit - As an aside, the Hydra is rubbish. Gets beaten up in Sector, gets beaten up OutOfSector and needs help constantly. They were ridiculously easy to hammer with the Nemesis in the above mentioned hooligan charge. The one I own can't even seem to act out commands all other fighters do as well. Just dislike it. Glad the Teladi Osprey has its own model as of 1.3...

Cruis.In
x3

Post by Cruis.In » Fri, 13. Jan 06, 06:17

how do you befriend the paranid?
offensive signature removed

Archonex
x4

Post by Archonex » Fri, 13. Jan 06, 22:01

You think thats bad, check out the Odysseus (SP.). That things a beast. It can solo three Khaak capital ships with no problems at all under the right circumstances.

BlueSwede
x3tc

Post by BlueSwede » Fri, 13. Jan 06, 22:14

The Nemesis suck big time, like all M6 in X3...
However, I rather take a Centaur, unless of couse, I'm taking it into Xenon territory...

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”