X3 1.3 Mass drivert bulets rendering speed trouble & memory leaks trouble.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Dr.Sid
x3

X3 1.3 Mass drivert bulets rendering speed trouble & memory leaks trouble.

Post by Dr.Sid » Fri, 23. Dec 05, 12:49

When I shoot mass driver, game slows down to about 4 fps. But only if I see the bullets. After the bulet 'dies' and is removed from rendering, framerate returns to 'very high'. If my Mamba Raider back turrets fires MD, there is no problem, until I turn too fast to see the bulets.
It does not seem to be dependent on bulet count.

Also, after a while (15 minutes, but there was one battle involving 1 destroyer, two corvetes and about 30 other ships) the game slows down to unplayable FPS. When I checked task manager I saw that game 'eats' memory all the time it runs. When it reach certain limit, the speed goes down (as can be expected).

There were memory leaks too prior 1.3, but they happened mainly when loading stored position. I could do that for about 5 times, then I had to restart the game. If I did not load, everything was fine. Now it eats memory all the time.

Otherwise game runs faster, I can use 10x SETA now and it is still quite fluent. AHEPTs shoots nicely. APACs too.

My config:
P4 2.4GHz, 1GRAM, Ati 9600 128M GFX. Windows 2000.

I play with everything set to minimum.

Edit: well .. there is similar discuassion about PSGs doing the same thing. I too think it can be sound. But old X3 worked fine. So where is the problem ? I have quite weak onboard sound card, but with actual drivers.

Dr.Sid
x3

Post by Dr.Sid » Fri, 23. Dec 05, 12:53

Wait !!!
I was using no-nebulaes mod .. I'll test without it.

Shada
x3tc

Post by Shada » Fri, 23. Dec 05, 12:55

Same here. I don't see why it can be sound related. My soundcard and graphics drivers are all up to date and I ran that sound program codec checker thing and couldn't find any problems.

Dr.Sid
x3

Post by Dr.Sid » Fri, 23. Dec 05, 13:01

Idea .. it is not sound related .. because if my rear turret fires, there is no slowdown but I can hear the same sounds.

I've also checked it is not mod related.

And yet one interested thing. It slows down only if there is FEW bullets. If I use 1 MD on my Mamba there is slow down. When I fire all 4, there is no slow down except the moment when almost all bulets vanished and only few (less then 10 or so) is visible.

SieurNewT
x4

Post by SieurNewT » Fri, 23. Dec 05, 13:02

first thing i dont see "sounds changes" on the 1.3 patch notes

second thing i could defrag all my drives, if X3 try to use more that 1GB of ram i beleive something is wrong (poor 512mb users)
New Config : Intel 8400 & 4Ghz , 4GB DRR2 on Asus P5Q Pro, ATI 4850 and Win XP 32 bits SP3.

Old config AMD 64 3400 1Mo, MSI k8n neo plat, 7800 GS+ Bliss, 2 GB RAM 3200

Dr.Sid
x3

Post by Dr.Sid » Fri, 23. Dec 05, 13:04

Yeah .. there is another (and bigger) thread here about the same bug. Somebody please lock this one.

It seems defragging may help. I'll try that.

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”