Can you hit incoming missiles with Mosquitos?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Yes
86%
No
14%

Total votes: 7

Maulkye
x3

Post by Maulkye » Fri, 23. Dec 05, 19:18

I seem to be able to, but a lot of pretty smart fans are saying it fails. I'm going to more testing, but I wondered what the general player experience had been.

Thanks

DaveyP
x3tc

Post by DaveyP » Fri, 23. Dec 05, 19:20

Well, there's a bonus script that uses mozzies for missile defence, so I'd have to guess at "yes" :wink:

X-it
x3

Post by X-it » Fri, 23. Dec 05, 19:25

Well I've never actually tried a Mosquito, only Wasps, so I couldn't vote. But even the in-game description (or is it the manual?) says that they are especially designed for anti-missile defence for ships with no turrets, so according to the game they should be perfect.

But that wasn't your real question, was it? :P

Maulkye
x3

:)

Post by Maulkye » Fri, 23. Dec 05, 19:27

That's kind of why I bring it up. I wrote a script myself that does it and Ouch has a larger script that appears to have the same functionality included. It appears that they do just fine, but I just wondered what others had seen.

ouch
x3tc

Post by ouch » Fri, 23. Dec 05, 20:03

I have had silkworms do the job but not mosquitoes. the mosquitoes constantly over shoot the target.

some of the larger missiles have area of effect where they take out several missiles if the the AI does that missile spam chain they like to do.

this is as of 1.2 though. all missiles have been tweaked in 1.3, we'll have to see how they do now...

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”