Systems override software

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

PascLGO

Systems override software

Post by PascLGO » Wed, 28. Dec 05, 01:37

Hi there, I'm sorry if this has been posted before but I'm not having much luck searching the forums.

I'm still at a fairly early stage of X3 and still make most of my money from capturing pirate ships and selling them. I was wondering if the systems override software can make life much easier doing this? I've got enough cash and I'm considering installing it (into the Buster you start the game with) in order to speed up capture success rates and selling prices.

Has anybody installed the systems override software and tried using it?

Does it work? Can you just basically press a button, and the target ship becomes all yours with full hull, full selling/using value, everything? And can you capture 100% of ships you decide to capture? Do you even need to be in your ship with the software to use it - can you remotely command console your ship to use the override software?

But the downside: if you are scanned by police, and you have the systems override software installed on that ship, does something negative happen like them attacking you and your reputation going down?

But even if that police problem is the case, would you say that the following strategy a viable one for maximising pirate ship captures:
-install the systems override software on a ship e.g. M4 that isn't your main one
-keep it parked in a station most of the time so it won't be scanned
-(optional:)put satellites all over the universe so you can track down pirates quickly
-when you find a ship you want, e.g. M3, quickly jump to that sector, capture it, then park again to minimise the risk of being scanned
-clean up ships you're not interested in capturing, e.g. M5s, with another legal fighter that might be your main ship
-sell/keep the undamaged captured ship and cargo 100% of the time!!

Any other tips on capturing pirates efficiently also appreciated, although I have a good enough success rate just doing what the manual says (get rid of shields with bigger guns, then slowly wear down hull with smaller guns). But that still only works 20-30% of the time and of course wipes out a lot of the value/incurs damage costs by damaging the hull. I already have an increasing number of advanced satellites all over the place so eventually it shouldn't be too much effort quickly finding pirate ships to capture!

Thanks in advance for replies.

Shokai
xr

Post by Shokai » Wed, 28. Dec 05, 01:45

I am sorry to say that msot of your questions are answered by this:

System Override software only make things a bit easier by making it so you dont have to eject and claim a ship. With the software you jsut fly within 30m and claim it. You will still have to make the enemy pilot bail out of his ship the standard way with your weapons.

So its use is pretty limited considering its illegal.
I miss Yaguchi Mari

PascLGO

Post by PascLGO » Wed, 28. Dec 05, 01:52

What?? That's a disappointment... but I guess it would have been a bit too easy otherwise!

Thanks for the tips, Shokai. Saved me bothering finding that out myself!

Shokai
xr

Post by Shokai » Wed, 28. Dec 05, 01:55

Yeah, sorry about that. I feel kinda bad that you wrote that long post only to get a disappointing 1 sentence answer.

Shokai
I miss Yaguchi Mari

Arbalest
x3

Post by Arbalest » Wed, 28. Dec 05, 02:10

I haven't tried this, but I read somewhere here that if you're scanned, you can shift-E eject from your ship, then re-enter after the cop leaves. Seems like an exploit, but hey, if it works...

Another tactic might be to fly with a wigman, and beam it over to his ship if you're scanned.

"Officer, I have no idea what you're talking about!!"

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”