Do TP's make good sector/uni traders?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Darth Malice
x3

Do TP's make good sector/uni traders?

Post by Darth Malice » Wed, 28. Dec 05, 10:18

I was thinking of trying out an Argon Express as a sector trader as they are faster than all the TS's, but they cannot take XL goods, does anyone use TP's as traders and how well do they compare?

Targ
x3

Post by Targ » Wed, 28. Dec 05, 10:28

They're downright awful at it compared to a TS. The low cargo space means they can't move much volume despite their speed because of price fluctuations between runs, and they'll never uni-trade effectively due to fuel constraints. To top it off, the XL goods are very lucrative and you don't want to miss out on those opportunities.

PBrghtwll
x3

Post by PBrghtwll » Wed, 28. Dec 05, 11:13

I guess it depends where you want to position them. If you have found a sector where the factory's all sell low volume produce and the sector is likley to need a MK3 trading ship there all the time (pretty much) then they could be a better choice. A split TP is very quick compared to a TS and also has better weapons. Speed may be a factor in ensuring you get to the factory you want ot buy or sell to before your competitors.

Otherwise - I'd always go for a TS.

Darth Malice
x3

Post by Darth Malice » Wed, 28. Dec 05, 11:20

Thanks, they were my initial thoughts. I think a TP could make a resonable sector trader, but only in limited circumstances. With the meagre funds I have available I will buy another Merc as it wil make a better Uni trader.

PBrghtwll
x3

Post by PBrghtwll » Wed, 28. Dec 05, 11:25

Patriarchs retreat is a good spot for a TP MK3 trader. I have a split TP with MK3 sited there all the time and its constantly trading.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”