Are there any Imperial Star Destroyer or Super Star Destroyer mods?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Darth Tyrant
x3

Are there any Imperial Star Destroyer or Super Star Destroyer mods?

Post by Darth Tyrant » Thu, 29. Dec 05, 07:05

Im knew here and I was wondering if there was any mod reguarding the Imperial Star Destroyer.

happycamper
x3

Post by happycamper » Thu, 29. Dec 05, 07:56

Yes this would be a great mod idea I would love it It :D it would also be cool I mean very cool to have a super stardestroyer of gigantic proportions cruising space sevaral km long Wow! that would be a site :D
anyone up to the mod challenge

X-it
x3

Post by X-it » Thu, 29. Dec 05, 08:08

If this was implemented I would expect no less than to have a Death Star as well... 8) It should have shipyard, equipment dock and trading station facilities, and be armed to its teeth. And it should have a jumpdrive... :D

CO. Dragon Corp

Post by CO. Dragon Corp » Thu, 29. Dec 05, 11:26

happycamper wrote:Yes this would be a great mod idea I would love it It :D it would also be cool I mean very cool to have a super stardestroyer of gigantic proportions cruising space sevaral km long Wow! that would be a site :D
anyone up to the mod challenge
If I remember correctly even a normal Imperial Class II Star Destroyer is longer than 1Km. And A SSD should be more than 10Km long, if not 20Km....which is absolutely absurd. But cool, for sure :D .
Commanding Officer of the 'Dragon Corporation'
[ external image ]

X-it
x3

Post by X-it » Thu, 29. Dec 05, 11:37

Well I think a shipyard in X3 is over 5 km, so it could be possible. A Death star would probably fill an entire sector, though... :D How about simply making a new 'skin' for one of the planets or moons, to look like a Death Star? That would be pretty cool too. :P

Ikari
x3tc

Post by Ikari » Thu, 29. Dec 05, 15:09

Super star destroyer Size:
19,000 meters (from the offical site.)

star destroyer 2
1600 meters (from offical site)

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Thu, 29. Dec 05, 16:08

I already have an ISD in my SSG mod(s) for X2.

[ external image ]

To be honest, it doesn't really look all that X3-ish.

I have put 33 ships into X2...many of which I will be bringing over to X3 as I have time. (I'm not sure if the ISD will make it. If it does, it will need to be completely re-textured, which is a lot of work.)

You can check out pix of my X2 ships on this thread...
http://forum2.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=87181

I currently have the Tie Interceptor, Tie Defender, and A/B/X/Y-Wing fighters ported over to X3 from X2.

I have also ported the Banshee (M3), Roger Young (currently a TL, but with lots of weapons and hanger capacity), and Sulaco (As an M1, but with 40 lasers, and a 90-bay hanger).

Then there is the Millennium Falcon, which I have in the game as a freighter, but spec'd as an M3-class ship so it can dock with TL's and M1/M2 capital ships. It has a fairly large cargo capacity, but no front weapons (although with 2 quad laser turrets, it can defend itself pretty well).

[ external image ]

Most of these ships required a fair bit of re-work to make them "right" for X3.

I also have an YT-2400 "Outrider" in-game (new ship, not in X2) which I use as my main M3 fighter in X3:

[ external image ]

I'll also be adding a few new ships into X3, like this M6 based on the Monsoon Gunboat from Babylon 5.
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

The thing you need to keep in mind is that it takes a significant amount of effort to bring a ship into X3 (or X2). It is not a simple "quick & dirty" matter of taking someone else's work, and wrapping an X3 scene file around it. I'm not saying it can't be done...but the results are less than satisfying, and that's not the way I care to work.

I prefer to use ship plans (or other people's meshes as a template), and build my own from scratch. That way you can control the quality, poly count and level of detail.

Since I only recently figured out a way to access the new X3 textures (about 2 days ago), I have decided to re-texture the ships before releasing anything for X3.

As an "FYI...the Gunboat in the above screen shots represents around 30 hours work :roll:

X-it
x3

Post by X-it » Thu, 29. Dec 05, 16:33

Nice! Looking forward to the release! :)

Darth Tyrant
x3

Post by Darth Tyrant » Thu, 29. Dec 05, 18:13

Atleast we know that is possible. It will be reallyc cool if you can rule the X3 galaxy using a star destroyer or a super star destroyer as your commanding ship. After that, all you need to do is to change your name to Palpatine and there you have it. :lol:

hipperion
x4

Post by hipperion » Thu, 13. Sep 07, 15:51

Repfreshing the topic ...

Is there an ISD or Super ISD ship model to download ? I know DDR MOD has an ISD but i dont want the whole mod (i prefer XTM) I NEED JUST THE SHIP :)

Thanks in advance.

soulvett

Post by soulvett » Thu, 13. Sep 07, 20:43

Cycrow has a bunch of ships on his site, including an SD and an Executor Class SSD if i remember correctly.

If i recall, there is a Tie Defender model too.
"They do not understand why we wage this war. Why we cannot stop. Will not stop. Why we will fight and fight and fight, until we win, or until we die. And we are not dead yet..."

Laar
x3

Post by Laar » Thu, 13. Sep 07, 21:02

problem with those ships is that when they get too big the will get weak points due to turret positioning, there are at max 6 turrets and that's hard codded
Executor Class SSD
I thought the Executor was a single ship.

Matt Armada
x4

Post by Matt Armada » Fri, 14. Sep 07, 02:37

Laar wrote:problem with those ships is that when they get too big the will get weak points due to turret positioning, there are at max 6 turrets and that's hard codded
Executor Class SSD
I thought the Executor was a single ship.
No. The Executor class SSD was a TYPE of ship, with its first vessel being named Executor...there were at least...i wana say 3 more made however..Lusyanka, which was built AS executor, and then burried on coruscant so nobody would realize there was a second ship, then dont rember the other 2...

Starscream99
x3

Post by Starscream99 » Fri, 14. Sep 07, 08:04

look on the XSP page there are two versions there small and BIG here is a link for you ^^

http://www.blackpanthergroup.de/x3/XSP-Schiffe/
To dream is to think. To think is to create. To create is to build. To build is to dream. The future is with us all.

hipperion
x4

Post by hipperion » Fri, 14. Sep 07, 10:34

Thanks for the link. There is a super star destroyer and two ISD but it says nothing about their size .... :(

Starscream99
x3

Post by Starscream99 » Fri, 14. Sep 07, 14:10

ah will the xfp one is normal fit in the gate size and the other one is will lets say this it is the super star destroyer and makes all other ships tiny you can not even see all of it in system unless you get close
To dream is to think. To think is to create. To create is to build. To build is to dream. The future is with us all.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”