Khaak Invasion in Home of Light

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

chrisallen76
x3tc

Khaak Invasion in Home of Light

Post by chrisallen76 » Thu, 29. Dec 05, 10:28

I started a new game on normal when 1.3 came out which was fine. I like the patch but i seem to have a slight problem with the khaak in Home of Light.

I only have my original buster that you start the game with as i'm only a couple of hours into the game, but when entering Home of Light i was horrifie to see a full on Khaak Invasion force consisting of 2 destroyers, a large fighter contingent and more scouts than you can shake a teladi at!

problem is there are no Argon military vessels in the sector and most of the other ships have been destoyed too.

I want to have Home of light for my first Factory but i dont know how to shift the Khaak forces. obviously my buster lasts all of 0.3 seconds against the 2 destoyers so it look like HOL is out of bounds for the forseeable future!!!!!!!

any advice on what i can do?

Black Phoenix
x4

Post by Black Phoenix » Thu, 29. Dec 05, 10:31

Start a new game :(
Or you can just ignore home of light and build elsewhere and when you get some forces built up go clean it out yourself.

chrisallen76
x3tc

Post by chrisallen76 » Thu, 29. Dec 05, 10:34

mmmmm, starting a new game is out i'm afraid .

This is the 3rd game i've started, got quite into and i dont wanna start again!

Player.
x3tc

Post by Player. » Thu, 29. Dec 05, 10:39

Wait until the argon forces clean in by themselfes :roll:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=183585 - X2 The Threat High Definition Mod - You know you wanna :)

Ebany
x4

Post by Ebany » Thu, 29. Dec 05, 10:39

That is harsh.

I am six hours into a new game (v1.3) and have lost Siezewell. A kharak destroyer with fleet are fighting Pirates and local Military.

As bizzare as it seemed to me, I watched as a Kharak attack fleet jumped in as a group of 10 odd Pirates spawned from the Shipyard. Pirates just kept spawning making this a huge war. Others seem to be getting caught in the middle as they go for dropped cargo...... been 45 minutes so far .... this is nasty!

They did warn us the v1.3 would make them tougher, but ....... I am too weak for this fight.
He who bends himself a joy
Does the winged life destroy,
But he who kisses joy as it flies
Lives in eternities sunrise.

chrisallen76
x3tc

Post by chrisallen76 » Thu, 29. Dec 05, 10:41

there are no argomn forces in Home of Light they've all been destoyed!

chrisallen76
x3tc

Post by chrisallen76 » Thu, 29. Dec 05, 10:42

there are no argomn forces in Home of Light they've all been destoyed!

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 29. Dec 05, 10:47

Trading seems to be relatively profitable in comparison to factories. It is a hard work to get around 10M (I haven't), but if you can make it in Split space, you may get a Dragon with aPPCs. That is the cheapest "safe" way to dispose the Khaak capitals. aPPC has superior range to the Khaak Kyons. Elephant is even better with 2*bPPC, but that goes over 20M. Some have success with M3, but that requires cunning.

It is sad if the "minor" Khaak excursion can wipe the HoL Argon garrison that easily. Weren't there at least one Argon carrier and one destroyer to begin with?

Two KM2 and many fighters. Doesn't Khaak task force usually contain one KM1 too? Maybe the Argon did score one kill. Heroic. :roll:
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

LostPilot

Post by LostPilot » Thu, 29. Dec 05, 10:57

Come on now, there's other areas where you can build a base/complex/do your trade runs and gain the millions. You can worry about them later, just keep on playing your current game :).

I've had kha'ak in Tharka's Sun since the patch, talk about blokade :P. They seem to be moving to live in there, more and more of them come every day. And everything that comes trough the gates gets vaporized, be it raptor or full blown army (yes, theres so many destroyers there).

5 Destroyers, 2 carriers, 5 massive clusters, around 30 m3's and counting.

chrisallen76
x3tc

Post by chrisallen76 » Thu, 29. Dec 05, 10:57

I'll keep my eye on the situation!

I know what i wont be doing again though.......

.......going head to head with a destoyer in my little buster!!!!

it just dont work........maybe its a bug! :D :lol: :oops:

J. Spartan

Post by J. Spartan » Thu, 29. Dec 05, 11:33

Wait until the argon forces clean in by themselfes
They won't. Btw, anyone seen huge military ships like destroyers respawn? (Or any military/police ships for that matter) I'm under the impression they won't. The shark in Ocean of Fantasy is missing in my game for 5+ hours and it's still counting.
"Give a man a bullet, and he'll want a gun. Give a man a gun, and he'll be giving away the bullets."

DrunkenPirate
x3ap

Post by DrunkenPirate » Thu, 29. Dec 05, 11:35

The khaak are doing a little ethic cleansing in Argon Prime in my game right now, that's one way to increase performance in that system I suppose :!:

Master-FatBurt
x2

Post by Master-FatBurt » Thu, 29. Dec 05, 11:52

Am I the only person who's having no major incursions?

Khaak stay in their own sectors although there is a carrier and a destroyer in Lucky Planets but they're just flying round the edges of the system and have been for over 6 hours now and there are a handful of Xenon in 18 billion but they're not doing much either.

I do have major Pirate issues in Olmanketslats treaty (75+) but as theirs only the anarchy base there I don't go near it (Yet)

DrunkenPirate
x3ap

Post by DrunkenPirate » Thu, 29. Dec 05, 11:59

Master-FatBurt wrote:I do have major Pirate issues in Olmanketslats treaty (75+) but as theirs only the anarchy base there I don't go near it (Yet)
Not surprising, as it is a pirate sector.

Master-FatBurt
x2

Post by Master-FatBurt » Thu, 29. Dec 05, 12:12

True but the first time I went through it (1.2) there were a handful of ships now you get tanked about 30 seconds after going through either gate.

I've gone in with a centaur and numerous Nova's and still get murdered.

I may try and clear it out using OOS patrol

buzz_aldrine

Post by buzz_aldrine » Thu, 29. Dec 05, 12:19

download perfect script from script zone - "response fleet" - it activate something that could be described as "high command" - when enemy attack a sector AI check if it's dangerous and if it is - extra forces are sent. In my game Khaaks invaded Ore Belt but Argons immediatley sent reinforcements - even some m1 and m2 from Argon Prime and wipe them out

Ebany
x4

Post by Ebany » Thu, 29. Dec 05, 12:20

Capital ships re-spawn.
He who bends himself a joy
Does the winged life destroy,
But he who kisses joy as it flies
Lives in eternities sunrise.

xalien
x4

Post by xalien » Thu, 29. Dec 05, 12:31

The cheapest ship that can be effectively used to take out khaak capships is Split Elephant. It takes some precision piloting but it's fairly easy to do. It's also relatively cheap and required race rank is quite low with all the assassination missions.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 29. Dec 05, 12:50

xalien wrote:The cheapest ship that can be effectively used to take out khaak capships is Split Elephant. It takes some precision piloting but it's fairly easy to do. It's also relatively cheap and required race rank is quite low with all the assassination missions.
I thought that the Dragon would be cheaper, and at same race rank? Shoot a volley when the target enters range, run away a bit to recharge, and repeat. Or just fly in front (same direction and same speed) and let the turret aPPC tickle (for an hour). Elephant can have dual bPPC in the turret, so it is faster that way. Both are "easy".

The "lure target within 1 km of the gate and jump to that gate and dash into the tailpipes for cover with Nova" sounds much more like precision piloting. Either way, the Buster pilot must fly the other way. :wink: And return with vengeance. :twisted:
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

crgray

Post by crgray » Thu, 29. Dec 05, 12:54

Is X3 that much harder than X2 then? I initially based myself in Three Worlds and Kingdom End and other than in plot missions I've never come across anything bigger than a Khaak cluster, which I can take out fairly easily in my Split Dragon (4 gHEPT on the back and let them chase). I used a couple of hired Mammoths to chase off any Khaak that came before I bought the Dragon.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”