Need suggestions on resource for slave reproduction

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mikesl

Need suggestions on resource for slave reproduction

Post by mikesl » Fri, 30. Dec 05, 06:30

I am currently working on a scripthttp://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 34#1376334that will turn player's spp into slave camps :twisted: and add slaves to NPC facts.

But for version 1.0 I didn't put any resource for producing slaves, what kind of things are needed in your opinion?
Argnu beef? Bofu? Massom? or all of the food varieties so you can enforce slavery in no matter whose sector it happens to be?

And should the SPPs be named Slave camp or something else like Cloning Vat or ... you name it please.

Thanks for your kind suggestions, they are indeed in need.

Good profitssssssssssssssssss to you :D

Cucumber King
x3

Post by Cucumber King » Fri, 30. Dec 05, 06:39

It must be cheap so I think wheat is enough for them!

And some cloth rimes!

That's it! :P

mikesl

Post by mikesl » Fri, 30. Dec 05, 06:44

And some cloth rimes!

That's it! Razz
Well, it seems to me that Wheat is a rare resource because they don't come in large volumes and you have hundreds of hungry bakeries competing with you...but the idea is not bad at all, since slave trading is really lucrative (14xx per unit) I think the owner of the camps can afford a little "cover" for their stocks :D

Cucumber King
x3

Post by Cucumber King » Fri, 30. Dec 05, 07:28

mikesl wrote:

And some cloth rimes!

That's it! Razz
Well, it seems to me that Wheat is a rare resource because they don't come in large volumes and you have hundreds of hungry bakeries competing with you...but the idea is not bad at all, since slave trading is really lucrative (14xx per unit) I think the owner of the camps can afford a little "cover" for their stocks :D

You maybe right, but it would be more realistic if the slaves would eat some weird green wheat slime pudding bread than an medium-well argnu beef steak!

:P

And they must eat something! Chelts would be too expensive... I think wheat is the only option although it maybe rare!

mikesl

Post by mikesl » Fri, 30. Dec 05, 07:39

Cucumber King wrote:
mikesl wrote:

And some cloth rimes!

That's it! Razz

You maybe right, but it would be more realistic if the slaves would eat some weird green wheat slime pudding bread than an medium-well argnu beef steak!

:P

And they must eat something! Chelts would be too expensive... I think wheat is the only option although it maybe rare!
Well, I didn't say Meatsteak Cahoonas, I meant raw Argnu Beef....raw Bogas, raw... bio stuffs, that's why I am considering rename the slave camps into Protein Resequenced Labor Production or Cloning Vats

what do you say?

Cucumber King
x3

Post by Cucumber King » Fri, 30. Dec 05, 07:57

a bit long...

I wouldn't make slave factories because you have to consider that you can't raise 270 humans in 2 minutes!

Slaves are and will always be pilots who have lost their freedom, beeing captured by criminals.

mikesl

Post by mikesl » Fri, 30. Dec 05, 08:09

Cucumber King wrote:a bit long...

I wouldn't make slave factories because you have to consider that you can't raise 270 humans in 2 minutes!
That can be arranged, :P the quantity of production is determined by the original production rate of the factory. In version 1.0 it's based on SPPs, so.... it's 276 units of slaves every 1:58 ( depends on sun level...)

if you want me to change it, an ore mine might satisfy you with a production rate from 1 to 10 per 1:40 ( depends on the yield of the astroid you're building on )

It takes 8 hours to produce a 125MW shield, why slave trading should be less profitable than producing shields in 8 hours?

Kitch
x3tc

Post by Kitch » Fri, 30. Dec 05, 08:19

I think you need to change Crystal Fabs to Whip Fabs (available in Alpha, Beta and Gamma, obviously)

With these, your slave drivers will pump out highly motivated individuals who will work for energy cell prices but will unfortunately perish quickly through starvation and whippings, hence the renewable nature of the resource.

mikesl

Post by mikesl » Fri, 30. Dec 05, 08:35

Kitch wrote:I think you need to change Crystal Fabs to Whip Fabs (available in Alpha, Beta and Gamma, obviously)

With these, your slave drivers will pump out highly motivated individuals who will work for energy cell prices but will unfortunately perish quickly through starvation and whippings, hence the renewable nature of the resource.
Good Thoght, :D

clonmac
x3

Post by clonmac » Fri, 30. Dec 05, 09:24

Soya beans anyone? Plop'em on their plates to feed the masses! Before they are even processed into Soya Husks. So they must taste really bad, but good enough for slave feedin'!!

mikesl

Post by mikesl » Fri, 30. Dec 05, 09:30

Thanks you cruel dude :D

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Fri, 30. Dec 05, 09:49

To be honest i would rather a scripter just make a new script that has slave merchants at trading stations and/or slave traders on bbs offering packages of slaves to buy/sell.

I would use that to buy slaves cheap off bbs and sell in pirate stations.

Also on bbs it should be made that you can accept refugee missions on bbs and instead of really helping them hehe you pick em up under false pretenses and flog em to pirates.

hehe oh what it is like to be a pirate har har harrr..... :twisted:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”