Can we have a Firefly in X3?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mrbadger
x3tc

Can we have a Firefly in X3?

Post by mrbadger » Wed, 4. Jan 06, 22:58

Ok, so I'm rather a long way down my first ever bottle of Jack Daniels, so my opinion may not amount to much but...

I find myself wishing that I could have a main ship in X3 that was almost but not quite entirely unlike Serenity.

On a more serious note, other games have had third party models, but X3 seems only to have script mods.

I have an astonishing lack of 3d modelling experience (if one discounts nine reluctant weeks of prolog during my degree), so I can't do one myself, but of someone else could come up with a firefly ship for X3 then it would rock big bells.
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

Guysmiley
x3

Post by Guysmiley » Wed, 4. Jan 06, 23:01

Complete with no weapons? That doesn't sound like a whole lot of fun with Xenon and kha'ak running around!

Fendalis
x3

Post by Fendalis » Wed, 4. Jan 06, 23:03

It would certainly make a traders life interesting. I agree that it would be a slick addition to the game too. :)
Welcome to Rev-Co
http://rev-co.net

"If something seems too good to be true it's better to shoot it just in case."

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Wed, 4. Jan 06, 23:04

Complete with no weapons? That doesn't sound like a whole lot of fun with Xenon and kha'ak running around!
Yes indeed, no weapons. I have a nova for any battles, but most of the time I end up tootling about looking for interesting missions or trading.

I do have lots of complexes and UT's, but I find that trading myself has never lost it's appeal.
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

Bubba Fat
x3

Post by Bubba Fat » Wed, 4. Jan 06, 23:52

And don't forget, not only does it not have weapons, the "Fire Fly" is also one of the ugliest ships ever. I guess it could be a Goner ship though.

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Thu, 5. Jan 06, 00:08

And don't forget, not only does it not have weapons, the "Fire Fly" is also one of the ugliest ships ever. I guess it could be a Goner ship though.
Ugly? I beg your pardon....

Ok, it may not be the prettiest ship ever, I'll give you that, but it certainly beats any sci-fi ship I've seen short of the Narn Battle-cruisers of Babylon 5.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”