can you use kyon emmiter weapons?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

-{AA}- Salamander

can you use kyon emmiter weapons?

Post by -{AA}- Salamander » Thu, 5. Jan 06, 21:30

The kyon emitter weapons used by the khaak, can you use them? If so, do you have to use them on a captured khaak ship or can they be put on other ships? What about khaak missiles as well?

Skillers
x3tc

Post by Skillers » Thu, 5. Jan 06, 21:31

Only Khaak ships, I'm afraid. Used to be able to use them on a Xenon P, but that's been fixed I think.
"Warning, cargo bay now contains; Gate, Home of Light"

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Thu, 5. Jan 06, 21:32

The Xenon P can install those guns, but I am not sure they can be captured (without using a cheat script that is). I am hoping that you can capture Khaak ships and Xenon Ps at a higher combat rank, but I am not there yet.

Oops just read the preceding message, so that was taken away in 1.3 patch.

Shokai
xr

Post by Shokai » Thu, 5. Jan 06, 21:33

Very few ships can mount them. Alll of em are khaak or xenon ships. Which CAN be captured. Here is a link on all the ships and what missiles and weapons they can mount.

http://www.deadlyshoe.com/x3shipslbl.htm

Enjoy.

Shokai

<growls at all the faster replies>

Shokai again
I miss Yaguchi Mari

-{AA}- Salamander

Post by -{AA}- Salamander » Thu, 5. Jan 06, 21:40

Ok, just wondering. How do you cap xenon ships by the way... certain rank? And are they any good?

Shokai
xr

Post by Shokai » Thu, 5. Jan 06, 21:43

Yeah, as your rank increases you can capture fighters easier. Or so I've read.

On that "are they good" questions. That is up to you, different ships for different fighting styles. Check that link I gave you above for thier stats.

Shokai
I miss Yaguchi Mari

-{AA}- Salamander

Post by -{AA}- Salamander » Thu, 5. Jan 06, 21:47

Ok thanks. According to your chart the xenon p can carry every weapon but the AIRE... which is essentially useless for an M6 so that seems to be the ship to have. Can you cap any m6's?

Shokai
xr

Post by Shokai » Thu, 5. Jan 06, 21:48

I STILL havnt heard of anyone capping the P. So I cant give you a firm answer other than I dont think so.

Shokai
I miss Yaguchi Mari

-{AA}- Salamander

Post by -{AA}- Salamander » Thu, 5. Jan 06, 22:00

Ok, what about the yaki ships? Can you cap them? I also saw somewhere that they are just paranid M4 and M5... is that true? I thought they were supposed to be unique.

Shokai
xr

Post by Shokai » Thu, 5. Jan 06, 22:03

Yes they can be capped. I havnt tried myself but I know other have gotten them. They are nothing like the paranid ship statwise. I dont know if they are talking about thier looks being like the paranid. That is possible. But that stats are superior in alot of way excepting thier cargo.

Extremely high rates of speed. Superior shields. Terrible cargo space. I like my jump drive so I've not opted for these (check the pirate tab on that link I gave you). Hmm...nice weapon loadout too. Maybe I'll go get one and try it out. I've wanted to try the pbe/pssg combo for a while now.

Shokai
I miss Yaguchi Mari

-{AA}- Salamander

Post by -{AA}- Salamander » Thu, 5. Jan 06, 22:06

Right, well its just that in the ship pictoral guide that was sticky'd it showed all the ships and the yaki ships look like the paranid M5 and M4. Although it used the same pics for the M1, M2, and TL for each race so i suspect that it may be wrong...

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”