UFO's?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Pulse
x3tc

UFO's?

Post by Pulse » Sun, 8. Jan 06, 02:34

After many long tries, i finally captured that elusive mamba raider in LooMankStrat's Legacy :evil: I headed back to Ceo's Doubt and transferred myself into it. I then SETA'd back to LooMank's to get some revenge on those dirty pirates and their SQUASH mines. As I entered, i spotted a small spinning disc shaped object flying at 300k/s towards the south gate. Pressing info on it came up with a jumble of weird words.

Something like this:

Unknown....
@3$#...&^..
....kn
Object...>@*...

(It's not exact but you get the point)

It was too fast for me so i couldnt try to put it in my cargo bay so I shot a missle at it, hoping for an "Unknown Object" missle when it was destroyed. It blew up and that was that. Nothing more.

Anyone else encountered these UFO's? And what to do with them? Do they serve any real purpose?

...or have i just been smoking too much space weed :oops:
You silly Boron!

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Sun, 8. Jan 06, 02:47

X3:TC/AP Pirate Guild 3 - Yaki Armada 2 - Anarkis Defense System

Anarkis Gaming HQ
Independent Game Development
X3 Scripting and Modding Station

Pulse
x3tc

Post by Pulse » Sun, 8. Jan 06, 03:30

thanks for that :)
You silly Boron!

Pulse
x3tc

Post by Pulse » Sun, 8. Jan 06, 03:48

Bah! That link you showed me just gave me 3/4 X2 UFO base hoax info and 1/4 Spacefly Queen stuff. Quite funny actually... im off to follow that little ship in my discoverer raider now...
You silly Boron!

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Sun, 8. Jan 06, 03:53

Spoiler
Show
Cause there's nothing more to know about UFO. They are only randomly moving from a sector to another. Nothing more, nothing less :p

Anarkis Gaming HQ

SmackleFunky
x3

Post by SmackleFunky » Sun, 8. Jan 06, 08:53

Well if I ever meet this UFO pilot I want to have a word with him... I have something that belongs to him.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/smacklef ... object.jpg

Worth about 80,856 each if I can get a buyer...

Kitch
x3tc

Post by Kitch » Sun, 8. Jan 06, 08:57

Killing them hurts your Goner rating FYI...

I just love the B-Movie noise they make...

OOOOooooOOOOOoooOOOooOOOOOooOOOO.....

:)

Hppswzd
x3

Post by Hppswzd » Sun, 8. Jan 06, 09:48

really? I have alway killed them. never seen my rank go down. I see them, and most of the time no way to catch them, so I track and jump to their heading gate and bye, bye. In my entire X life never seen my stats move killing them, never really check thought. X2 you had goner rank increase with specific missions but, I what, 5 X3 games goner stats never moved.

And how do you become a goner better person in x3? Really, I have know Idea, guess I should try not to kill them???

mdrailer
x3

Post by mdrailer » Sun, 8. Jan 06, 18:20

Buy Jump drives from the goners and transporter and it will increase your rank with them. I bought some items and now I am at 1% . I don't know how fast or how long it will take but that is the only way I know how to do it

chrisallen76
x3tc

Post by chrisallen76 » Sun, 8. Jan 06, 18:41

i heard on here somewhere that the fastest way to map the universe is to get a fast enough ship, give it a triplex scanner, and set it to follow a UFO, whilst you're getting on with the game, the universe is being mapped out for you!!!

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Sun, 8. Jan 06, 20:27

FOG>tufferal wrote:i heard on here somewhere that the fastest way to map the universe is to get a fast enough ship, give it a triplex scanner, and set it to follow a UFO, whilst you're getting on with the game, the universe is being mapped out for you!!!
Right, until the UFO cross a Xenon sector :)

Anarkis Gaming HQ

Skillers
x3tc

Post by Skillers » Sun, 8. Jan 06, 22:49

The unknown objects;
Spoiler
Show
They don't belong to the UFOs, they're the Terran Hammerhead Missile! They kick ass if you have a ship that can mount them. Don't sell them!
"Warning, cargo bay now contains; Gate, Home of Light"

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”