gunnery crew x2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

NF
x2

gunnery crew x2

Post by NF » Sun, 8. Jan 06, 22:37

i've just installed the plugin, and found one of the transports, but how do i hire the personnel?
"Life is my hunger, feed me..."

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 8. Jan 06, 23:00

X2 S&M forum has a thread about it. The 'Bonus back readme' talks about it too. You can see where the transport is heading. Actually, if you are not in the same sector with the transport, you see it more clearly. Get a transport and send it to destination. If lucky, you will get 100, and that uses 300 cargo units. Most likely you will see 1 in the station inventory just when the transport lands, and even that disappears shortly. It is random how many show up as 'free'. You do not 'hire', you 'buy' from station.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Sun, 8. Jan 06, 23:19

If you have the money for a trade station or equipment dock, add military personnel to the list of products and set a BPH freighter to buy. They shold collect all the crew you need in an hour or two.
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

timgoodey
x3

Post by timgoodey » Mon, 9. Jan 06, 13:39

Try capping the ship - last time I got 36 of the 100 on board - bit of a hit to the Race Rep, but that's easily recovered.

DjHol

Post by DjHol » Thu, 26. Jan 06, 16:47

do you need the "cargo life support" upgrade to buy & transport these military personel? or just use a TP ship (ex Argon Express)?
Last edited by DjHol on Thu, 26. Jan 06, 17:01, edited 2 times in total.

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Thu, 26. Jan 06, 16:50

You don't need it, and you can use any ship :)
X3:TC/AP Pirate Guild 3 - Yaki Armada 2 - Anarkis Defense System

Anarkis Gaming HQ
Independent Game Development
X3 Scripting and Modding Station

Suicidemoon
x3tc

Post by Suicidemoon » Fri, 27. Jan 06, 19:29

Rapier wrote:If you have the money for a trade station or equipment dock, add military personnel to the list of products and set a BPH freighter to buy. They shold collect all the crew you need in an hour or two.
this is completely wrong!!!!!! i have a EQ dock and i put one personal in the EQ dock and when i try to have ANYTHING buy it, buy ware for best price, BPH, or commity (haha) it wont add it. and it wont add it to the station in the way NPCs see it!!!

what am i doing wrong???????

and im confused on the amount of crew a titan needs???? is it 20 a turret? or 100 total?
"Youth is happy because it has the ability to
see beauty. Anyone who keeps the ability
to see beauty never grows old." Franz Kafka

johntarmac
x3tc

Post by johntarmac » Fri, 27. Jan 06, 20:36

i have military personel as the single ware in my eq-dock next to the trading station in argon prime with a BPH iguana to buy and i have more than i know what to do with
i just set the iguana to buy and off it goes

i dont think egosoft intended for them to be bought in player owned stations so they wont appear in some menus

your titan will need 90

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Sat, 28. Jan 06, 15:29

johntarmac wrote:i have military personel as the single ware in my eq-dock next to the trading station in argon prime with a BPH iguana to buy and i have more than i know what to do with
i just set the iguana to buy and off it goes

i dont think egosoft intended for them to be bought in player owned stations so they wont appear in some menus

your titan will need 90
Military Personel are a "special" mission type of cargo (TWareN). This is why they don't show up right in all menus. This is also why you can't make a factory by normal means to produce them. :)

johntarmac
x3tc

Post by johntarmac » Sat, 28. Jan 06, 20:11

would that explain them slowly disappearing when i use an 'add ware' script to put them in my destroyers :?

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Sat, 28. Jan 06, 23:50

johntarmac wrote:would that explain them slowly disappearing when i use an 'add ware' script to put them in my destroyers :?
If I remember right, if you put more than you are using, they disappear. So that is probably what is happening.

johntarmac
x3tc

Post by johntarmac » Sun, 29. Jan 06, 17:33

SteelRush wrote:
johntarmac wrote:would that explain them slowly disappearing when i use an 'add ware' script to put them in my destroyers :?
If I remember right, if you put more than you are using, they disappear. So that is probably what is happening.

no, i wish it was that, i fully maxed out 4 destroyers with everything including aegis and added 90 personel
they are now down to 70 each and the action stations turret command comes back as none

very frustrating

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Sun, 29. Jan 06, 20:40

That's very strange. 'Add ware' should add them just fine.
Try getting rid of the ones you've already added and using 'install ware'.
The only thing I can think of is that add ware isn't registering them as being really in your cargo bay, and so the remove code is taking effect and trimming them.
Other than that, all the usual stuff, are you sure you have the latest version, etc.
Cheers.
"Nature's first green is gold" . . . stay golden.

johntarmac
x3tc

Post by johntarmac » Mon, 30. Jan 06, 00:05

cheers burianek,
i was thinking they might not be getting seen properly and i am going to try putting them into a TS and then transfering them back onto the destroyers and see if that helped
if it doesnt then i will try install ware and see if that helps

cheers

johntarmac
x3tc

Post by johntarmac » Mon, 30. Jan 06, 19:08

putting them into a TS and then transfering them back again cured the problem of them disappearing

and once i went into sector i got the action station command come up :oops:

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”