Using squash mines ....... ??

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Grassturtle
x3

Using squash mines ....... ??

Post by Grassturtle » Fri, 13. Jan 06, 03:14

Has anyone used them and what can you tell me about them

1. Are they marked as player ownd so if anyone hits them would i loose rep?

2. Are they dificult to deploy ?

3. Will i be able to see them if i deploy them ?

:?

Edit: Hasnt anyone even used squash mines ?
Station Comm : Would the pilot with the fleet of capitol ships, please take what they want.

Think outside the box .....

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 13. Jan 06, 04:22

Not used them myself, but you eject them from the cargo hold the same as satelites.

I would assume they show up as something you put there, especially since they will kill you if you go back.

And yes, if they kill something, you will get a rank change according to what bit the big one. If it was a freind, the rank will go down. If you sow a minefield and it wipes out a race fleet, that race is going to be pretty pissed at you.

Azordian

Post by Azordian » Fri, 13. Jan 06, 05:03

But imagine the fun of mine-fielding a Pirate base, or throwing one off for a following craft to chew on. :)

efernal
x3tc

Post by efernal » Fri, 13. Jan 06, 07:30

lol didnt think of that one. better than my drone fighter squad.

malant

Post by malant » Fri, 13. Jan 06, 08:03

apricotslice wrote:Not used them myself, but you eject them from the cargo hold the same as satelites.

I would assume they show up as something you put there, especially since they will kill you if you go back.

And yes, if they kill something, you will get a rank change according to what bit the big one. If it was a freind, the rank will go down. If you sow a minefield and it wipes out a race fleet, that race is going to be pretty pissed at you.

Are you sure about this? I've seen several posts that state you will recieve no race deduction. Have you tested this yourself? I'm curious but not enough to try it myself.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 13. Jan 06, 08:34

No, but everything else you own affects your rankings badly if it screws up.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”