Swarms of transports

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

mooOOOOooo
x3

Swarms of transports

Post by mooOOOOooo » Sun, 15. Jan 06, 22:40

anyone else having like 30+ NPC transporters swarming npc stations? its happening in 2 sectors for me... and prevents docking by either me or my traders at the station, although my dumb cpu traders will try till the end of time it seems, kind of a problem with UT's all getting stuck in one sector.

fchopin
x3

Post by fchopin » Sun, 15. Jan 06, 23:40

@mooOOOOooo

If you can upload your save i will check it for you.

Can you tell me the version of the save? did you start a new game in 1.3 or did you start the save before 1.3?

If you can not upload the save then pm me for email address.
When there are no more games it is time for music.

PsycoApocalipse
x3

Post by PsycoApocalipse » Mon, 16. Jan 06, 05:48

I have a similar issue but it does not occur around stations instead it occurs around gates, i jumped into either, montalaar, or light of heart to find 80, yes 80 ships just sitting at the south gate. Then they started moving twords a station when i entered the system. Then as i flew twords the north gate at LEAST 150+ ships (TS TP M3 4 5) in a gigantic convoy like cloud moving twords another station.

All of these ships were of various races and whatnot but I've seen this occur in other systems too, its not limited to this area, and it has tanked the economy so bad in my game that my complex is the only supply for all of the core argon and boron space for silicon, crystals, BIRE's and various other junk. It's anoying to fly across the universe to find virtually every equipment dock and shipyard empty.

shayneshady
x3

happened to me

Post by shayneshady » Mon, 16. Jan 06, 07:04

had undockable cattle range in the wall. got up to 150 energy transporters circling.

My decision was to remove the station.

but how without a capital ship. I fluked it first ,fired some missiles at few transporters. a destroyer came after me and i hid in the station superstructure. so the destroyer killed the offending station.

have found similar situation now in montalar but my UT's havn't been going there yet.

Iron Giant
x3

Post by Iron Giant » Mon, 16. Jan 06, 14:26

This is a little known, game breaking issue:

I have a thread started here with screenshots and game saves:

http://forum2.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php ... 49#1416149

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE:

We need someone to post a game save started fresh in 1.3 (not a game started in 1.2 then converted).

Until we get that game save, this issue will not likely get fixed.

I restarted my game but its slow going trying to get up a fleet of ships and see if the problem comes back.

EDIT: and just so you know, this is more than a minor issue. If it doesn't get fixed with a patch, you might as well start over:

1. Your UTs will get stuck in these traffic buffers and will stay there forever, making UT's useless. Eventually, all your UT's will be in traffic buffers, spinning aimlessly.

2. The AI transports will bunch up there, meaning that low end goods don't get traded, so high end goods (shields and weapons) are not available.

giskard
xr

Post by giskard » Mon, 16. Jan 06, 16:03

Hi Guys.

One very nice user already sent me a save showing this issue and it was duely reported to Egosoft.

In the mean time, if you used any spacesuit docking hacks, third party scripts or anything that may cause this issue please post detials below. Egosoft need all the info you can give them to be sure any fix applies to all games and does not just fix it for some people but not others. Also, the scripters whos work causes this will want to know if we can identify a common cause, we can give them some feedback on this so their next version works better.

Other things id like you to report are stations you cannot dock at dispite having the correct race rep.

Be sure to tell us what difficulty your playing at and if your playing a none plot game too.

PS Fchopin: if you need a save, i have one here somewhere. But a second save would be useful for testing later if you can get hold of one.

Giskard
This signature has been stolen by the well known Teladi Signature Thief X Siggy.

Iron Giant
x3

Post by Iron Giant » Mon, 16. Jan 06, 16:49

Thanks for the update!

For the record: I have never used any 3rd party add-ons to the game so I don't think its related.

giskard
xr

Post by giskard » Mon, 16. Jan 06, 17:09

Thanks Iron.

If you could send him a save so we can test using 2 different saves that would be great. I'll get the save off Fchopin once he gets it. In the past we tested 1 save with an issue and other people with the same issue reported the problem was not fixed.

So id like to make sure this gets fixed for everybody this time. So more than 1 save is a must.

We have 1 already.

Giskard
This signature has been stolen by the well known Teladi Signature Thief X Siggy.

fchopin
x3

Post by fchopin » Mon, 16. Jan 06, 17:19

@Giskard

I have a save from Iron Giant, it is a 1.2 save converted to 1.3.

I will email it to you and wait for your save.

Ominae392
x4

Post by Ominae392 » Mon, 16. Jan 06, 21:10

Same thing happens to me in Ringo Moon. I hadn't seen the problem until I updated to the beta 1.3.1 patch. For me it usually only seems to happen when i'm sitting in the system on SETA, something I do most nights to get some cash.

*Edit: I should have mentioned that all my saves started in 1.3.
Last edited by Ominae392 on Tue, 17. Jan 06, 02:57, edited 1 time in total.

mooOOOOooo
x3

Post by mooOOOOooo » Tue, 17. Jan 06, 01:49

id be happy to post save, but not sure how on this forum.. anyone explain? mine is a 1.0 direct to 1.3 conversion btw

TSO
x3

Post by TSO » Tue, 17. Jan 06, 02:11

Iron... I read that you said you didn't want saves for versions converted to 1.3 from 1.2...

"We need someone to post a game save started fresh in 1.3 (not a game started in 1.2 then converted). "

Yet from the last few posts I've read everyone had the problems start AFTER having updated...

(Mainly the last three posts :P )

just posting this as it may help figureing out the problem :D ...
"Since the house is on fire, let us warm our selves"
"Warning. We detect illegal cargo on board your ship. Please eject it immediately.... Ok everyone out the air lock! (Slaves) "

fchopin
x3

Post by fchopin » Tue, 17. Jan 06, 04:18

Ominae392 wrote:Same thing happens to me in Ringo Moon. I hadn't seen the problem until I updated to the beta 1.3.1 patch. For me it usually only seems to happen when i'm sitting in the system on SETA, something I do most nights to get some cash.

*Edit: I should have mentioned that all my saves started in 1.3.
Ominae392, if you have a 1.3 save please upload as this is what i am looking for. Please do not upload the 1.3.1 beta save, i need the 1.3 save.

Please say a few words where the problem is found.

If you can not upload let me know and i will sent you my email address.

PsycoApocalipse
x3

Post by PsycoApocalipse » Tue, 17. Jan 06, 05:16

I'm not entirely sure, but i THINK the game I started was either on 1.3 or less than an hour on 1.0, x2 was hard to give up. :)

Anywho I have xaitec fleet support script, (kinda broke since m6's no longer hold an m5), xaitec manual trade run (MTC), the hull repair tech script, laser tower upgrade script, and I believe that is all of the scripts I have installed. No mods are currently installed.

If someone can tell me where to upload my savegame I'll foreward it along (currently v1.3).

giskard
xr

Post by giskard » Tue, 17. Jan 06, 07:53

TSO wrote:Iron... I read that you said you didn't want saves for versions converted to 1.3 from 1.2...

"We need someone to post a game save started fresh in 1.3 (not a game started in 1.2 then converted). "

Yet from the last few posts I've read everyone had the problems start AFTER having updated...

(Mainly the last three posts :P )

The best way to explain it is like this.

Fchopin > This is the problem < Giskard.

The idea is we surround the little begger and come at it from 2 sides in a classic flanking action :)

Giskard

Ettianos
x3

Post by Ettianos » Tue, 17. Jan 06, 09:23

I am having the same problem. Multiple sectors, in a 1.2 > 1.3 game. I CTD'd and started looking for others having this problem so I dont have a list of sectors / stations. when I play tomorrow I will post sectors and or get someone my save game.

Iron Giant
x3

Post by Iron Giant » Tue, 17. Jan 06, 14:31

TSO wrote:Iron... I read that you said you didn't want saves for versions converted to 1.3 from 1.2...
We have users who have reported the issue in a fresh 1.3 install.

Unfortunatly, no one has posted a save game with the problem from a 1.3 minty fresh game start...

I have restarted my game, gave up 3 UT's, 2 complexes, 10 M3's and a georgeous Centaur to see if a) the problem goes away or b) if I can get the issue with a 1.3 save.

Hopefully, someone with a reported 1.3 minty fresh game with this issue will post it...

giskard
xr

Post by giskard » Tue, 17. Jan 06, 21:24

A list of stations affected is very important. IF nobody reports the same station as anybody else whos effected that we can stop looking at the stations for the source of the problem and look else where.

So post those stations/sectors guys, it really does help to have that info, even if you dont post all the stations, just the ones you remember when you come back here.

Giskard

giskard
xr

Post by giskard » Tue, 17. Jan 06, 22:28

Im tracking this issue with Fchopin across several threads, so if you have this issue consider this a reply.

The hole has been mentioned by more than 1 person as a source of problems but never the same station in the hole. Nobody so far has named the same sector as being a problem and also named the same station in that sector.

Also....

So far ships effected seem to be

Various Food Freighters.
Various energy Freighters.
Some passenge transports.
The occasional Gonar ship.

90% of all ships effected are food and energy transports so far, but 1 save i got didnt show any problem and another didnt load so im working off 1 save right now.

So can anybody add any other freighters to this list that appear to be effected or do you only see energy and food transports ?

Giskard

mooOOOOooo
x3

Post by mooOOOOooo » Wed, 18. Jan 06, 02:38

i have 2. a cahoona bakery in ringo moon and a cattle ranch in cloudbase north west, as far as i know the problem is with enery transporters, biotransporters, food transporters, etc

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”